USMB Coffee Shop IV

140245-1415625375_Good-Morning.jpg

Remember the Veterans today. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
For the record, I assume my avie is alive.

<checks pulse>

Yep, I was just stretching.

I am not a hunter. If I shot a deer I'd feel compelled to eat it, which really isn't going to happen, so I leave that to others for food and fun. Many guys do hunt at work and at some point a person brings in their deer or turkey. I enjoy seeing the animal up close for a minute or so, then am saddened it has died.

I am sure many of you have witnessed the death of message boards at some point too. This is pretty much how the final stages start.
I live in Ohio and have 6 brothers in law. We have plenty of hunters in the family and I know that people do eat the meat, cull the herd and aren't just angry killers by nature. What I object to is posting the kill just to gross people out.

I don't care anymore tho so support of the mean guy thing worked..

That was not the intent of what BBD did.
You seem to be the only one here who thought it was gross.
I thought it was a beautiful animal and very healthy looking so the meat will be very good to eat.
Most hunters show their hunts to show the beauty of the animal not to gross out anyone.
It is not easy to hunt an animal in the wild, it takes a lot of time and effort. A few hunters get a deer every year, but more often than not it is one or two years before they get their next one.
To the hunting world it's an honor and respect for the animal to show it.

<checks pulse>

I am not a hunter. If I shot a deer I'd feel compelled to eat it, which really isn't going to happen, so I leave that to others for food and fun. Many guys do hunt at work and at some point a person brings in their deer or turkey. I enjoy seeing the animal up close for a minute or so, then am saddened it has died.

I am sure many of you have witnessed the death of message boards at some point too. This is pretty much how the final stages start.
I live in Ohio and have 6 brothers in law. We have plenty of hunters in the family and I know that people do eat the meat, cull the herd and aren't just angry killers by nature. What I object to is posting the kill just to gross people out.

I thought it was a beautiful animal and very healthy looking so the meat will be very good to eat.
Most hunters show their hunts to show the beauty of the animal not to gross out anyone.
It is not easy to hunt an animal in the wild, it takes a lot of time and effort. A few hunters get a deer every year, but more often than not it is one or two years before they get their next one.
Sure, we can't have anyone getting out of lockstep in the CS. I should just keep my opinions to myself.

Beautiful. :lol:

<checks pulse>

Sure, we can't have anyone getting out of lockstep in the CS. I should just keep my opinions to myself.

Nah, don't do that. It's just a difference of opinion :meow:

It's not like you're trying to disrupt and spit in the face of the nice thing Foxie stated by being divisive. Or ...is it? mwhahahahaha

<checks pulse>

It's not like you're trying to disrupt and spit in the face of the nice thing Foxie stated by being divisive. Or ...is it? mwhahahahaha
Funny, my motives are so easily questioned but the pic posted is nothing but beautiful. :)

<checks pulse>

That was not a put down toward you, It was an explanation to help you understand the hunting world.

Funny, my motives are so easily questioned but the pic posted is nothing but beautiful. :)
Oh come on, I was just kidding based on the recent deliberate schism that was placed upon the CS.

I think we're all a bit sensitive, but you're still here and that's cool in my book!

The mutual respect for each other is breaking down in here. Put yourself in the place of the other poster before you post something. Being jerks is not a new skill to acquire and have pride in. Thanks for making this place a minefield.

BBD has every right to post the picture, period.

SarahG has every right to say it bothers her.

Now let's respect one another's right.

<checks pulse>

Seriously... I HIGHLY doubt he posted that picture... "just to gross people out." For one, it doesn't gross me out, two, I wanted to see it, three, it's American tradition to hunt and take pictures of your harvest that is as old as the camera. So for all your objections, I stress the opposite. I urge BBD to continue to post pictures of their harvest. What a bunch of lucky guys to have such bounty from which to hunt.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I would encourage BBD to post his deer prizes in the hunting threads and create a link to those here.

Well, then I guess the new shall dictate to the old crowd here in the CS, and that shall be the end of it.

No wonder the charter members of this group are slowly disappearing.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, even if you THINK your aunt looked awesome in her casket, I don't NEED to see a picture. TIA
So now were to compare deer with people?

How much more absurd is all this whining going to get?

And one more thing, we never had this problem way back when this CS was founded, and it was basically all conservatives... just sayin'...

Just a heads up, even if you THINK your aunt looked awesome in her casket, I don't NEED to see a picture. TIA

And one more thing, we never had this problem way back when this CS was founded, and it was basically all conservatives.
And there you have it. Yet another political football for your dining pleasure.

And one more thing, we never had this problem way back when this CS was founded, and it was basically all conservatives.
And there you have it. Yet another political football for your dining pleasure.
Instigated by you as a liberal coming in here and throwing yourself around demanding charter members of this group yield to YOUR desires. So very typical of your kind.

Forum List

Back