USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am not overly afraid of heights but I dislike very much being on the edge of something that drops off into nothingness--high bridges, edges of cliffs, roof tops, etc.

Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon?
I get the shakes when I get too near the edge. :)

Yes, I can't go to the edge without a substantial barrier or wall in front of me. And that Grand Canyon Skywalk they have extending out over the canyon? I can't imagine what I would have to charge somebody to get me to go out on that.

glass_bridge1x.jpg

I am not overly afraid of heights but I dislike very much being on the edge of something that drops off into nothingness--high bridges, edges of cliffs, roof tops, etc.

Yes, I can't go to the edge without a substantial barrier or wall in front of me. And that Grand Canyon Skywalk they have extending out over the canyon? I can't imagine what I would have to charge somebody to get me to go out on that.

glass_bridge1x.jpg

I couldn't- not even on my hands and knees.

Last edited:
They've been playing this song a lot, called Sunshine and Whiskey..... I know I'm getting older, this kid doesn't look old enough to drink....... :lol:

glass_bridge1x.jpg
Showed that to the wife, told her we'll have to give it a try....... I won't repeat what she told me to do with it......... :lmao:

glass_bridge1x.jpg

Possibly the most diabolical engineering feat of all time.

They've been playing this song a lot, called Sunshine and Whiskey..... I know I'm getting older, this kid doesn't look old enough to drink....... :lol:

This guy can afford a vintage 1956 Porsche but not a guitar case?

Weirdo.

I buy relatively inexpensive laptop computers and expensive computer bags to carry them around in. My kids buy $4,000 laptop computers and Amazon $20 sleeves to carry them around in. You just can't tell.

I can't handle glass floors and open backed steps. It's a little embarassing sometimes But other than that heights don't bother me at all
I'm acrophobic, too. But with my job, I deal with it. When you work on airplanes that are more than 60 ft tall in places you have to get to...well, don't look down.

I can't handle glass floors and open backed steps. It's a little embarassing sometimes But other than that heights don't bother me at all
I'm acrophobic, too. But with my job, I deal with it. When you work on airplanes that are more than 60 ft tall in places you have to get to...well, don't look down.

Hombre used to have to climb a lot of roofs in his work. That terrified me just to think about it. And so would your job.

Hombre used to have to climb a lot of roofs in his work. That terrified me just to think about it. And so would your job.
I avoid the high work when I can. Sometimes, I don't even have to go very high, but curling your toes around some plumbing just to get to the top of an engine, or using a ladder to its maximum capacity....yeah, not really comfortable.

Forum List

Back