USMB Coffee Shop IV

Decided to have cereal this morning, got the cereal poured, opened the milk, sniffed it (sense of smell ain't all that good) smelled fine so I cave some to the cats who had come running when I opened the cereal box, they thought it was wonderful so I took a sip....... Nope, guess it didn't bother the cats but it was just starting to go bad....... There's a reason I buy the quart size milk instead of the gallon or half gallon...... I had toast and honey........

Have you ever wondered what cosmic phenomenon exists that when we smell the sour milk in the bottle, we just have to smell it one more time? Just to be sure?
It didn't smell sour to me. :dunno:

Pretty sure I need my sinuses rotor rootered again..........

Usually if your sense of smell is screwed up, so is your sense of taste.

Decided to have cereal this morning, got the cereal poured, opened the milk, sniffed it (sense of smell ain't all that good) smelled fine so I cave some to the cats who had come running when I opened the cereal box, they thought it was wonderful so I took a sip....... Nope, guess it didn't bother the cats but it was just starting to go bad....... There's a reason I buy the quart size milk instead of the gallon or half gallon...... I had toast and honey........

Have you ever wondered what cosmic phenomenon exists that when we smell the sour milk in the bottle, we just have to smell it one more time? Just to be sure?

So that's why I wear plaids with stripes....... I was wondering........ :D

So that's why I wear plaids with stripes....... I was wondering........ :D

LOL. Maybe so. :)

It's cold and rainy here today.
I just got back from my Christmas Shopping. Got it all done now, except to mail out my Moms gifts tomorrow. WHEW!!
Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of the fun things for Christmas.

th

Good morning all. Wednesday again!!!

For today's gift suggestion for the guys to get that special someone, could I recommend:

miranda_kerr.jpg

Miranda Kerr modeled this 18-karat lovely bra featuring 3,400 diamonds, pearls, citrines, and aquamarines at the latest Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. And I believe free overnight shipping is included in the $2.5 million sale price.

Meh, I don't think I will be getting one . . . it seems like it would be a little uncomfortable. ;)

We have ladies walking around with pierced nipples, how is this more uncomfortable?

Hah! We just went grocery shopping here a couple of days ago and bought 2 gallons of milk. It's almost entirely for me, since I have a big bowl of cereal every morning for breakfast. :)

Good morning all. Wednesday again!!!

For today's gift suggestion for the guys to get that special someone, could I recommend:

miranda_kerr.jpg

Miranda Kerr modeled this 18-karat lovely bra featuring 3,400 diamonds, pearls, citrines, and aquamarines at the latest Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. And I believe free overnight shipping is included in the $2.5 million sale price.

Meh, I don't think I will be getting one . . . it seems like it would be a little uncomfortable. ;)

We have ladies walking around with pierced nipples, how is this more uncomfortable?

I tend to agree. It doesn't look uncomfortable to me except for the strapless part--having straps is always more comfortable. Probably the material next to the skin is soft and pliable. There wouldn't be much point in having all those precious stones on the inside. :)

Well, the "big storm" they keep talking about...is still MIA. I see stars and half moon. No clouds. No anything. It was supposed to pour down on Sunday. Nothing. Was supposed to pour today. Still nothing. Now they say sometime this week. :blahblah:
Hello .. my old yet relatively young cuddly buddy....:smiliehug:

My wife loves a good thunderstorm and other crazy extreme weather, she gets really excited about them.. I don't mind her all excited actually...:wink_2: .. :wink_2:
While cute and single, I doubt I'm really much your type. I still appreciates ya, tho.
I've read over many of your posts, I think you're passionate in your beliefs and I see your concern. Passion redirected wouldn't be boring I suspect and teasing you would be a whole lotta fun...;)
Tease away, Lumpy friend. I have a thick skin and loads of patience...and I like sunning myself on rocks, kinda like a lizard.

Hah! We just went grocery shopping here a couple of days ago and bought 2 gallons of milk. It's almost entirely for me, since I have a big bowl of cereal every morning for breakfast. :)
Only two gallons! During peak milking season I could get you six freshly squeezed gallons, still warm from the udder. I prefer mine chilled, but some like it hot, you know.

I'm way behind, folks and haven't the time to catch up. Foxy, if you would, could you put my dear friend and partner, Max on the prayer list.
Max had a horrendous motorcycle accident 7 or 8 years ago. His pelvis was crushed and his left leg was rendered mostly useless. Years of pushing himself has resulted in him being able to walk with a sophisticated brace and actually stay on his feet as a bartender for sometimes stretches of 12 hours.
One of the lasting effects of the accident is permanent nerve damage. He feels nothing but a bit of pressure in the left leg. The brace tends to chafe at times if his foot gets out of position. You or I would notice that and adjust the fit.
Max doesn't notice. He often gets blisters on his instep and has been battling one for the last week.
Now, it's badly infected. The doctor says it's likely he will lose the foot, perhaps more to above the knee.
Max runs my bar. I do the heavy lifting, maintenance and open 6 days a week, my wife does the books and pays the bills, but Max runs the bar, orders the product hires the help.... His wife Lauri knows a good deal of it, but she will need to be with him as much as possible.
I had a meeting with some of the staff last night and they are all willing to step up to cover Max's shifts, but this is going to be tough on all of us.
Max is on my list, Ernie. I hope things go well for him and miracles happen.
The doctor has decided to try a course of IV antibiotics before surgery. Max will go to have a pic lock placed tomorrow and will have a portable pump. We should have a better idea of what's what in a week. If the infection is slowing down, he could be on the IV for a month.
Yikes! That seems like it would be pretty uncomfortable, but if it helps improve things for Max, it will be worth it, I'm sure.

Only two gallons! During peak milking season I could get you six freshly squeezed gallons, still warm from the udder. I prefer mine chilled, but some like it hot, you know.

I'll take the store-bought, homogenized, pasteurized stuff, thanks! ;)

And you are welcome to it. Me, I prefer mine raw! And fresh...and unadulterated...absolutely delish!

Well, Shannon is here. It got very foggy here late last night, so I left for Pensacola early, giving myself an extra half hour for a 45 minute trip. I made it to the bus station right on time after driving 30 on parts of I 10 where you would usually be doing 70 or 80.
The bus was about 20 minutes late having run into fog around Mobile. We got in about 3 and I hit the sack at 4 and slept til 11:30.

There...caught up, for now.
Good morning, CS friends!
It's been a busy couple of days, but that isn't too unusual. We're having our end-of-semester pot luck today at lunch and students and faculty have requested I put together another array of "things you can do with cheese" dishes. I have Grand Marnier-flavored cheese cake, a cannellini and feta salad, a tomato and cheddar with basil dressing salad, a salmon-cream cheese spread, two different flavors of chevre, and a young swiss-style cheese, some aged cheddar, and smoked cheddar and mozzarella to slice off chunks and eat with crackers or bread. Just for funsies, I also made some goat-milk fudge, both boy and girl fudge. Should be enough to please anybody, I think.
I just finished a marathon shift. Six flights in 10 hours, and no overtime! Now I am enjoying a cup of coffee and chilling out here for a few minutes before moving on to that pot luck.
Hope today finds you all content and well-as-can-be-expected.

That zero percent chance for precipitation we had a couple of days ago is now a slow steady rain. Chilly but wonderful. :)

And you are welcome to it. Me, I prefer mine raw! And fresh...and unadulterated...absolutely delish!
Love me some raw moo juice. Could never quite acquire a taste for goat's milk though.

And good morning all? That zero percent chance of precipitation we had all week? We had a rain shower last night and another big blob of moisture appears to be coming out of Arizona and headed our way now. I swear they do the weather with tarot cards or something here.

Somebody suggested that they put 10 people in a room. If five of them think it will rain and five don't, then you have a 50% chance of rain, et al.

They all go by computer models now. Forecasters do not actually forecast. The spit out whatever the computer tells them to say.

I remember our local weather guy said there no was chance of rain while it was pouring down in buckets. Maybe he could have stuck his head outside? :)

And good morning all? That zero percent chance of precipitation we had all week? We had a rain shower last night and another big blob of moisture appears to be coming out of Arizona and headed our way now. I swear they do the weather with tarot cards or something here.

Somebody suggested that they put 10 people in a room. If five of them think it will rain and five don't, then you have a 50% chance of rain, et al.

They all go by computer models now. Forecasters do not actually forecast. The spit out whatever the computer tells them to say.

I remember our local weather guy said there no was chance of rain while it was pouring down in buckets. Maybe he could have stuck his head outside? :)

It was raining quite nicely last night when somebody eased our chances for rain from 0% to 30% :)

Forum List

Back