USMB Coffee Shop IV

And gals, that special guy in your life would love one of these at a much more modest $35,000. I don't think shipping is included though. I thought the TV screens so he could keep up with the game while grilling the burgers was a nice touch.

20_G3100_Med.jpg

That thing looks like it should have way more covering. A little rain and those TVs are ruined!

And gals, that special guy in your life would love one of these at a much more modest $35,000. I don't think shipping is included though. I thought the TV screens so he could keep up with the game while grilling the burgers was a nice touch.

20_G3100_Med.jpg

That thing looks like it should have way more covering. A little rain and those TVs are ruined!

Perhaps the covering expands? For that kind of money it should.

I know it's late in the day to be posting this but I had a meeting of the Procrastinator's club (rescheduled) that took forever to get started... I thought the first part of this was interesting --

How Coffee Can Protect your Brain

>> Over half (54 percent) of American adults consume coffee each day, according to a survey by the National Coffee Association. Itā€™s no surprise that such a popular beverage has a reputation for stirring up controversy among health experts.

But research has shown that, absent unhealthy additives, drinking a moderate amount of coffee could bestow some serious brain benefits, both short-and long-term, including:

A momentary mental jolt: One of caffeinated coffeeā€™s most popular perks is its ability to temporarily kick start your mental processing power. The primary mechanism by which it achieves this nearly miraculous feat is by preventing adenosineā€”a chemical that causes sleepiness when it builds up in the brainā€”from binding to special receptors on your neurons (brain cells). Instead, the caffeine latches on to these receptors, leaving the adenosine with no place to accumulate. Caffeine also elevates your overall mood and amps your adrenaline.

Inflammation inhibition: Polyphenolsā€”a powerful class of antioxidants found in fruits, Mediterranean diet foods, and plant-based beverages such as tea, juice and red wineā€”are also prevalent in coffee. Polyphenols are thought to aid in the prevention of osteoporosis, cancer and heart disease. The polyphenols in coffee may also help reduce inflammation in two key areas of the brain: the cortex and the hippocampus.

Protection against Alzheimerā€™s: Coffee may even provide a cushion against the effects of Alzheimerā€™s... <<

coffee-machine-smiley-emoticon.gif

As President of the Procrastinators Club I guess I should get around to start thinking about getting to that meeting.

As President of the Procrastinators Club I guess I should get around to start thinking about getting to that meeting.

Maybe have some coffee and decide later....?

Yeah. I've been thinking that a cup of coffee would be good. And that I should make some. I am thinking about that too. :)

So Ringel, my kid has been hanging with other kids from some neighborhood called Broadmoor. Should I be worried?

:)
Very worried! Dez a bunch of rich brats!!!!

I thought there was money in that area. Seems we had to stop by a house on Monday to trade coats. The kiddo's grandma had just left on a return trip home to Milwaukee in her private jet. An heir of 3M?

What a pretty day we're having...blue skies and 75. The perfect weather for getting the lanai hosed down. I am going to miss the great temps we're expecting this week...I'll be traveling to DC, and the weather forecast looks miserable. I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday.:)

2609926066_290ae401d2.jpg
Just stay out of Sauffeast if you can........
(That's how the pronounce southeast in DC.)

I'll be staying downtown and will be attending conferences all day...may have time at night to check out some stuff on the mall, but I'll only travel in a group. I'm not going out though if it's in the mid 30's and raining. I can hold off on that stuff until my DC trip next fall which will be strictly for pleasure.:)
One of my previous incarnations required fairly extensive research in various DC locations, including the National Archives and the Library of Congress. So many cool things there, great historical information.

I could give guided tours of D.C.

Must sees are the National Archives....Smithsonian Natural History....Air & Space....American History and Native American Museums. All of them are beyond excellent.

The National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery are a must. Of course the Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR and MLK Memorials.

The Capital Bldg tour is awesome, but you need a pass from your Congressman.

The National Zoo is the best in World imho next to the San Diego Zoo. The White House tour was cool until Obama closed it down. Not sure how or why he could do that since it's the People's House....not his. Oh well...sadly off limits for now, but well worth seeing.

There are many other cools sites but those are the best. You could easily spend a week just exploring things on the National Mall.

Very cool.
Ah, yes, but not everyone can obtain a research pass for the Library of Congress, or lots of the National Archives info. I've been to both the San Diego Zoo and the zoo in DC. You are correct, they are both way cool. I especially liked the aviary at the DC zoo. They had some bird we ended up calling the "what-the-fuck" bird because that's what it's call sounded like.

Well, the "big storm" they keep talking about...is still MIA. I see stars and half moon. No clouds. No anything. It was supposed to pour down on Sunday. Nothing. Was supposed to pour today. Still nothing. Now they say sometime this week. :blahblah:
Hello .. my old yet relatively young cuddly buddy....:smiliehug:

My wife loves a good thunderstorm and other crazy extreme weather, she gets really excited about them.. I don't mind her all excited actually...:wink_2: .. :wink_2:
While cute and single, I doubt I'm really much your type. I still appreciates ya, tho.

I'm way behind, folks and haven't the time to catch up. Foxy, if you would, could you put my dear friend and partner, Max on the prayer list.
Max had a horrendous motorcycle accident 7 or 8 years ago. His pelvis was crushed and his left leg was rendered mostly useless. Years of pushing himself has resulted in him being able to walk with a sophisticated brace and actually stay on his feet as a bartender for sometimes stretches of 12 hours.
One of the lasting effects of the accident is permanent nerve damage. He feels nothing but a bit of pressure in the left leg. The brace tends to chafe at times if his foot gets out of position. You or I would notice that and adjust the fit.
Max doesn't notice. He often gets blisters on his instep and has been battling one for the last week.
Now, it's badly infected. The doctor says it's likely he will lose the foot, perhaps more to above the knee.
Max runs my bar. I do the heavy lifting, maintenance and open 6 days a week, my wife does the books and pays the bills, but Max runs the bar, orders the product hires the help.... His wife Lauri knows a good deal of it, but she will need to be with him as much as possible.
I had a meeting with some of the staff last night and they are all willing to step up to cover Max's shifts, but this is going to be tough on all of us.
Max is on my list, Ernie. I hope things go well for him and miracles happen.

What a pretty day we're having...blue skies and 75. The perfect weather for getting the lanai hosed down. I am going to miss the great temps we're expecting this week...I'll be traveling to DC, and the weather forecast looks miserable. I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday.:)

2609926066_290ae401d2.jpg
Just stay out of Sauffeast if you can........
(That's how the pronounce southeast in DC.)

I'll be staying downtown and will be attending conferences all day...may have time at night to check out some stuff on the mall, but I'll only travel in a group. I'm not going out though if it's in the mid 30's and raining. I can hold off on that stuff until my DC trip next fall which will be strictly for pleasure.:)
One of my previous incarnations required fairly extensive research in various DC locations, including the National Archives and the Library of Congress. So many cool things there, great historical information.

I could give guided tours of D.C.

Must sees are the National Archives....Smithsonian Natural History....Air & Space....American History and Native American Museums. All of them are beyond excellent.

The National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery are a must. Of course the Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR and MLK Memorials.

The Capital Bldg tour is awesome, but you need a pass from your Congressman.

The National Zoo is the best in World imho next to the San Diego Zoo. The White House tour was cool until Obama closed it down. Not sure how or why he could do that since it's the People's House....not his. Oh well...sadly off limits for now, but well worth seeing.

There are many other cools sites but those are the best. You could easily spend a week just exploring things on the National Mall.

Very cool.
Ah, yes, but not everyone can obtain a research pass for the Library of Congress, or lots of the National Archives info. I've been to both the San Diego Zoo and the zoo in DC. You are correct, they are both way cool. I especially liked the aviary at the DC zoo. They had some bird we ended up calling the "what-the-fuck" bird because that's what it's call sounded like.

Yeah....I did not have a pass to the National Archives info. Still....seeing actual copies of the Declaration of Independence was very cool. The Museum that's now part of the National Archives was excellent as well. I went there two years ago and I believe it is fairly new.

Went in the Library of Congress but I did not have a research pass. Still the Capital Bldg tour along with the Library of Congress visit is well worth it.

Well, the "big storm" they keep talking about...is still MIA. I see stars and half moon. No clouds. No anything. It was supposed to pour down on Sunday. Nothing. Was supposed to pour today. Still nothing. Now they say sometime this week. :blahblah:
Hello .. my old yet relatively young cuddly buddy....:smiliehug:

My wife loves a good thunderstorm and other crazy extreme weather, she gets really excited about them.. I don't mind her all excited actually...:wink_2: .. :wink_2:
While cute and single, I doubt I'm really much your type. I still appreciates ya, tho.
I've read over many of your posts, I think you're passionate in your beliefs and I see your concern. Passion redirected wouldn't be boring I suspect and teasing you would be a whole lotta fun...;)

Forum List

Back