USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning. It is another dreary and chilly day here in the City of Bridges. I am so excited that we put our Christmas decorations here very soon. I have 7 huge plastic containers filled to the brim with decorations. Our house looks like something out of magazine during December. lol

We'll need pictures you know. :)

Maybe I'll post on some on Friday. That is out "Light up Night" here. Grandma's Egg Nog and James Brown's Christmas album is a must for decorating.

We put on the Manheim Steamroller albums for Christmas decorating. Nothing else seems to quite work.

Charlie Brown Christmas Album by The Vince Guaraldi Trio works very nice as well. Also the Carpenters. Love it!

After all these years I still mourn the demise of the Carpenters. Their music is still as relevant and great today as it ever was.

No doubt., they are timeless. What a tragedy for her to die so young. If one good aspect to come out of this sad story is that it put anorexia nervosa and the horror that it can bring into the spotlight.

Last edited:
Good morning. It is another dreary and chilly day here in the City of Bridges. I am so excited that we put our Christmas decorations here very soon. I have 7 huge plastic containers filled to the brim with decorations. Our house looks like something out of magazine during December. lol

Maybe I'll post on some on Friday. That is out "Light up Night" here. Grandma's Egg Nog and James Brown's Christmas album is a must for decorating.

Yes please! I love seeing pictures of people's houses all decorated and looking so pretty for Christmas. :)

I usually go right to sleep when I go to bed, but last night for some reason sleep eluded me for some time and I woke up several times. Not sure why. But I've given it some thought and. . . .

10388634_618344531603817_2253247651295949290_n.jpg

I'm way behind, folks and haven't the time to catch up. Foxy, if you would, could you put my dear friend and partner, Max on the prayer list.
Max had a horrendous motorcycle accident 7 or 8 years ago. His pelvis was crushed and his left leg was rendered mostly useless. Years of pushing himself has resulted in him being able to walk with a sophisticated brace and actually stay on his feet as a bartender for sometimes stretches of 12 hours.
One of the lasting effects of the accident is permanent nerve damage. He feels nothing but a bit of pressure in the left leg. The brace tends to chafe at times if his foot gets out of position. You or I would notice that and adjust the fit.
Max doesn't notice. He often gets blisters on his instep and has been battling one for the last week.
Now, it's badly infected. The doctor says it's likely he will lose the foot, perhaps more to above the knee.
Max runs my bar. I do the heavy lifting, maintenance and open 6 days a week, my wife does the books and pays the bills, but Max runs the bar, orders the product hires the help.... His wife Lauri knows a good deal of it, but she will need to be with him as much as possible.
I had a meeting with some of the staff last night and they are all willing to step up to cover Max's shifts, but this is going to be tough on all of us.

Well, the "big storm" they keep talking about...is still MIA. I see stars and half moon. No clouds. No anything. It was supposed to pour down on Sunday. Nothing. Was supposed to pour today. Still nothing. Now they say sometime this week. :blahblah:
Hello .. my old yet relatively young cuddly buddy....:smiliehug:

My wife loves a good thunderstorm and other crazy extreme weather, she gets really excited about them.. I don't mind her all excited actually...:wink_2: .. :wink_2:
Hello lumpykins!
Guess what showed up in the wee hours? RAIN!! And I get to drive in it today, too. Docs appt for my shingles shot. Yippee!!! I love rain!

I'm way behind, folks and haven't the time to catch up. Foxy, if you would, could you put my dear friend and partner, Max on the prayer list.
Max had a horrendous motorcycle accident 7 or 8 years ago. His pelvis was crushed and his left leg was rendered mostly useless. Years of pushing himself has resulted in him being able to walk with a sophisticated brace and actually stay on his feet as a bartender for sometimes stretches of 12 hours.
One of the lasting effects of the accident is permanent nerve damage. He feels nothing but a bit of pressure in the left leg. The brace tends to chafe at times if his foot gets out of position. You or I would notice that and adjust the fit.
Max doesn't notice. He often gets blisters on his instep and has been battling one for the last week.
Now, it's badly infected. The doctor says it's likely he will lose the foot, perhaps more to above the knee.
Max runs my bar. I do the heavy lifting, maintenance and open 6 days a week, my wife does the books and pays the bills, but Max runs the bar, orders the product hires the help.... His wife Lauri knows a good deal of it, but she will need to be with him as much as possible.
I had a meeting with some of the staff last night and they are all willing to step up to cover Max's shifts, but this is going to be tough on all of us.
You have a good crew, Ernie. If I were closer..I would offer to help the best I could...with no pay. Alas..you are too far away. :(
So instead....I offer prayers for Max and thanks to his friends for helping him at this time.

Max and his family have been put on our prayer list Ernie.

We put on the Manheim Steamroller albums for Christmas decorating. Nothing else seems to quite work.

Charlie Brown Christmas Album by The Vince Guaraldi Trio works very nice as well. Also the Carpenters. Love it!

After all these years I still mourn the demise of the Carpenters. Their music is still as relevant and great today as it ever was.

No doubt., they are timeless. What a tragedy for her to die so young. If one good aspect to come out of this sad story is that it put anorexia nervosa and the horror that it can bring into the spotlight.

I heard that she only weighed like 75 pounds when she died. I've seen some runway models that are at least borderline anorexic looking. Some of them are like 6 feet tall and probably weigh 110 pounds or so. They are skin and bones with no shape at all. It's very prevalent in the modeling industry because the girls are under constant pressure to be as thin as possible. The fashion designers do not want your eyes looking at the models but at the clothing and that is one reason why. The models are nothing more than clothes hangers to the fashion designers.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Best wishes to him and those of you helping him out. :)

I heard that she only weighed like 75 pounds when she died. I've seen some runway models that are at least borderline anorexic looking. Some of them are like 6 feet tall and probably weigh 110 pounds or so. They are skin and bones with no shape at all. It's very prevalent in the modeling industry because the girls are under constant pressure to be as thin as possible. The fashion designers do not want your eyes looking at the models but at the clothing and that is one reason why. The models are nothing more than clothes hangers to the fashion designers.

Sad but very true my dear.

Sad but very true my dear.

I wonder if the disorder can occur because of outside influences. I know that it's classified as a mental disorder, but still, when I think of the runway models, I have to wonder. It's really a mystery to me how these women could ever look in the mirror and think they are "fat."

Well, the "big storm" they keep talking about...is still MIA. I see stars and half moon. No clouds. No anything. It was supposed to pour down on Sunday. Nothing. Was supposed to pour today. Still nothing. Now they say sometime this week. :blahblah:

My wife loves a good thunderstorm and other crazy extreme weather, she gets really excited about them.. I don't mind her all excited actually...:wink_2: .. :wink_2:

Good grief! ANOTHER married guy? Where are all the cute single guys around here to flirt with anyway? :biggrin:
I can flirt only if the facts are known and it's all in fun. I other words it doesn't really count but what the heck...:popcorn:

I'm back. Took a trip to Denver and Colorado Springs to see my kids over Thanksgiving. I take are of a few houses over the winter, so the security guy in me says to not disclose when and where you are gone, until you get back. Trying to get ready for work tomorrow, so I'll visit more later.

Good grief! ANOTHER married guy? Where are all the cute single guys around here to flirt with anyway? :biggrin:

Actually a lot of our guys are single. And I haven't noticed the married ones minding being flirted with. :)

Yes, sure they don't mind, but sometimes that can lead to trouble. :wink_2: Some men are very sensitive creatures.

Trouble? I am going to need a definition...

Actually a lot of our guys are single. And I haven't noticed the married ones minding being flirted with. :)

Yes, sure they don't mind, but sometimes that can lead to trouble. :wink_2: Some men are very sensitive creatures.

Trouble? I am going to need a definition...

Lots of troubles. All KINDS of troubles. :D

I'm back. Took a trip to Denver and Colorado Springs to see my kids over Thanksgiving. I take are of a few houses over the winter, so the security guy in me says to not disclose when and where you are gone, until you get back. Trying to get ready for work tomorrow, so I'll visit more later.

Glad to hear you had a good holiday. :) Happy belated Thanksgiving to you!

Forum List

Back