USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. Wednesday again!!!

For today's gift suggestion for the guys to get that special someone, could I recommend:

miranda_kerr.jpg

Miranda Kerr modeled this 18-karat lovely bra featuring 3,400 diamonds, pearls, citrines, and aquamarines at the latest Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. And I believe free overnight shipping is included in the $2.5 million sale price.

Meh, I don't think I will be getting one . . . it seems like it would be a little uncomfortable. ;)

W00T! I did good today! Went to the thrift shop this morning, saw something poking out from under a pile of bedspreads and blankets, SWOOPED in and grabbed it and tucked it under my arm then went and found a gray tshirt. Total cost for tshirt and blankety thingy was 17 bucks. Blankety thingy was priced at 15 bucks. I spread it out before buying it to make sure all the fringe was on it and no holes or stains.

I knew what it was and almost danced out the door but kept my cool.

Got home, took pics, slapped it on ebay and it just sold for 200 bucks (buy it now). I prolly coulda got more but I just wanted to make a quick buck. And I did.

It was a silk piano scarf. Vintage. Embroidered flowers all over it and 12 inch fringe all around. Mauves and blues and peach colors. Totally gorgeous. HUGE, too.

I love thrift stores where they don't know what the hell they have. :D

I'm way behind, folks and haven't the time to catch up. Foxy, if you would, could you put my dear friend and partner, Max on the prayer list.
Max had a horrendous motorcycle accident 7 or 8 years ago. His pelvis was crushed and his left leg was rendered mostly useless. Years of pushing himself has resulted in him being able to walk with a sophisticated brace and actually stay on his feet as a bartender for sometimes stretches of 12 hours.
One of the lasting effects of the accident is permanent nerve damage. He feels nothing but a bit of pressure in the left leg. The brace tends to chafe at times if his foot gets out of position. You or I would notice that and adjust the fit.
Max doesn't notice. He often gets blisters on his instep and has been battling one for the last week.
Now, it's badly infected. The doctor says it's likely he will lose the foot, perhaps more to above the knee.
Max runs my bar. I do the heavy lifting, maintenance and open 6 days a week, my wife does the books and pays the bills, but Max runs the bar, orders the product hires the help.... His wife Lauri knows a good deal of it, but she will need to be with him as much as possible.
I had a meeting with some of the staff last night and they are all willing to step up to cover Max's shifts, but this is going to be tough on all of us.
Max is on my list, Ernie. I hope things go well for him and miracles happen.
The doctor has decided to try a course of IV antibiotics before surgery. Max will go to have a pic lock placed tomorrow and will have a portable pump. We should have a better idea of what's what in a week. If the infection is slowing down, he could be on the IV for a month.

I'm way behind, folks and haven't the time to catch up. Foxy, if you would, could you put my dear friend and partner, Max on the prayer list.
Max had a horrendous motorcycle accident 7 or 8 years ago. His pelvis was crushed and his left leg was rendered mostly useless. Years of pushing himself has resulted in him being able to walk with a sophisticated brace and actually stay on his feet as a bartender for sometimes stretches of 12 hours.
One of the lasting effects of the accident is permanent nerve damage. He feels nothing but a bit of pressure in the left leg. The brace tends to chafe at times if his foot gets out of position. You or I would notice that and adjust the fit.
Max doesn't notice. He often gets blisters on his instep and has been battling one for the last week.
Now, it's badly infected. The doctor says it's likely he will lose the foot, perhaps more to above the knee.
Max runs my bar. I do the heavy lifting, maintenance and open 6 days a week, my wife does the books and pays the bills, but Max runs the bar, orders the product hires the help.... His wife Lauri knows a good deal of it, but she will need to be with him as much as possible.
I had a meeting with some of the staff last night and they are all willing to step up to cover Max's shifts, but this is going to be tough on all of us.
The doctor has decided to try a course of IV antibiotics before surgery. Max will go to have a pic lock placed tomorrow and will have a portable pump. We should have a better idea of what's what in a week. If the infection is slowing down, he could be on the IV for a month.

That is what I was praying for Ernie that they would try super strong antibiotics. I will continue with my prayers that they work completely and that he will not need an amputation.

Last edited:

He remains in our prayers, Ernie, and you too not only because he is your friend but because of the extra stresses and responsibilities you will have. Sorry I didn't get the vigil list up last night--the internet was out when I was headed to bed last night and I couldn't post--but he was on it the night before. Do keep us posted.

And good morning all? That zero percent chance of precipitation we had all week? We had a rain shower last night and another big blob of moisture appears to be coming out of Arizona and headed our way now. I swear they do the weather with tarot cards or something here.

Somebody suggested that they put 10 people in a room. If five of them think it will rain and five don't, then you have a 50% chance of rain, et al.

Today's gift suggestion is more affordable at around $30. For that certain someone who needs one of these: (It is a paperweight.)

th

Decided to have cereal this morning, got the cereal poured, opened the milk, sniffed it (sense of smell ain't all that good) smelled fine so I cave some to the cats who had come running when I opened the cereal box, they thought it was wonderful so I took a sip....... Nope, guess it didn't bother the cats but it was just starting to go bad....... There's a reason I buy the quart size milk instead of the gallon or half gallon...... I had toast and honey........

And good morning all? That zero percent chance of precipitation we had all week? We had a rain shower last night and another big blob of moisture appears to be coming out of Arizona and headed our way now. I swear they do the weather with tarot cards or something here.

Somebody suggested that they put 10 people in a room. If five of them think it will rain and five don't, then you have a 50% chance of rain, et al.
Predicting the weather in and around the mountains is problematic at best, even areas with fairly predictable patterns will toss in a curve ball from time to time.

Decided to have cereal this morning, got the cereal poured, opened the milk, sniffed it (sense of smell ain't all that good) smelled fine so I cave some to the cats who had come running when I opened the cereal box, they thought it was wonderful so I took a sip....... Nope, guess it didn't bother the cats but it was just starting to go bad....... There's a reason I buy the quart size milk instead of the gallon or half gallon...... I had toast and honey........

Have you ever wondered what cosmic phenomenon exists that when we smell the sour milk in the bottle, we just have to smell it one more time? Just to be sure?

By the way everybody, in e-mails I'm getting and posted on Facebook--both sources being naturally suspect--the scuttlebutt is that all our cell phone numbers are due to be released to the national domain; i.e. there will be phone books full of them just as there is for our land lines at home and office making all vulnerable to interminable telemarketer calls. So. . . .I just re-registered our land line and cell phone numbers with the national do-not-call registry. You can do that here:
National Do Not Call Registry

Have you ever wondered what cosmic phenomenon exists that when we smell the sour milk in the bottle, we just have to smell it one more time? Just to be sure?
It didn't smell sour to me. :dunno:

Pretty sure I need my sinuses rotor rootered again..........

By the way everybody, in e-mails I'm getting and posted on Facebook--both sources being naturally suspect--the scuttlebutt is that all our cell phone numbers are due to be released to the national domain; i.e. there will be phone books full of them just as there is for our land lines at home and office making all vulnerable to interminable telemarketer calls. So. . . .I just re-registered our land line and cell phone numbers with the national do-not-call registry. You can do that here:
National Do Not Call Registry
Did that a couple of months back after suddenly getting all kinds of advertising/sales calls on my new home number and our cell phones.
Just a reminder, once you register the companies have one month to comply. Also if you do business with any company, unless you tell them otherwise, they and their affiliates/partners now have your "permission" to call you..........

Forum List

Back