USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ernie S.

6043819~extra~1.jpg

Hey TK. Good to see you. Hope all has been going well for you.

Love the ornaments Sherry. :)

And I'm headed to bed. They've changed our forecast to say we'll probably get a dusting of snow starting around 2 a.m. Hombre wanted to know if I wanted him to wake me up to see it. :)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Alan1 for good test results,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.
And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

Christmas-Candles-3.jpg

[

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Woke up this morning at 3:30, was up for two hours then back to sleep till 7. Drinking copious amounts of coffee........

It's cold a rainy here.
Were suppose to have this for 2 days.
I am glad I don't have to go anywhere until Friday.

My spam mail was back to normal today. It was weird yesterday.

Good morning folks! I hope everyone is having a great thus far. I just bought tickets for matinee showing of The Hobbit. A light lunch, a cocktail or two, and a movie. Can't wait.

Good morning folks! I hope everyone is having a great thus far. I just bought tickets for matinee showing of The Hobbit. A light lunch, a cocktail or two, and a movie. Can't wait.

We are going to see it on Monday.

I'll admit that this triology has been a bit bloated and has gone very far off scpirt from the book. I still enjoy it though but that whole scene of them fighting Smaug was silly. The dwarves only see Smaug as he is flying towards Laketown. They never fight each other under the mountain. lol

I'll admit that this triology has been a bit bloated and has gone very far off scpirt from the book. I still enjoy it though but that whole scene of them fighting Smaug was silly. The dwarves only see Smaug as he is flying towards Laketown. They never fight each other under the mountain. lol

Smaug will be at the beginning in this new movie, the story had not been finished in the last one.

Smaug will be at the beginning in this new movie, the story had not been finished in the last one.

I should hope so. What happens next is crazy important and has major repercussions concerning The War of Ring that later follows. My inner dork is shining out again. lol

The most frustrating part of movies based on favorite books is that they so often don't follow the concept that makes the book so special. They seem to be compelled to change it in some way that grates on the nerves or disappoints. Sometimes there are exceptions to that of course. It isn't so much of a problem for me if I read the book AFTER seeing the movie.

"Out of Africa" was interesting. There is so much dialogue in the movie that was taken line for line from the book--you wouldn't know that if you haven't read the book of course--and so many scenes that are not explained in the movie but are explained in the book. But of course there was a lot in the movie that is not in the book. So I was glad I read the book after seeing the movie and got the best of both without any emotional turmoil. :) (Favorite movie. And a good book.)

Forum List

Back