USMB Coffee Shop IV

90% of the time, for me, breakfast is coffee and a side of mixed fruit.

Forget breakfast for now.

Dinner tonight was awesome.
Tom Kha, Pad Thai, Larb, Yellow Curry and rice.
Daughter's choice, it was her chosen birthday dinner. Good company also. Eldest daughter (her b-day), eldest daughter's boyfriend, youngest daughter, and the half sister of my daughter's (not my offspring, but she still holds a place in my heart). Good people, good food, good times.

I hauled my big old desktop Mac computer down to the computer fix it up shop this morning. They say they can get it all fixed up and humming along like it did when it was new. Hope so. I love that old computer. Guess when you go into it and start deleting stuff, you should know what you're deleting but I have to say, it was fun! Maybe when I get it back I won't be so quick to delete stuff.

I need to haul my laptop into the computer doc too, but just hate to spend the money on something I don't really have to have. But I sure do enjoy playing games or doing other routine tasks during television offerings that I don't have to watch but can mostly listen to.
I ended up taking my laptop in last week. My AVG got infected and quit working. Amazing the crap they had to get rid of for me. LT's working like a dream now. It was touch-n-go for a while. Damned viruses disabled my xcel program just as I finished a 15-16 page data base workbook. The comp-doc was able to clean things up without losing any of my data. That's more than I am competent to do, so I guess the money was worth it.

Man cave... every man should have one...

The drone.... sitting on top of the Denon AVR-2809...

Man cave:

IMG_6284.jpg

7464395932_7615466927.jpg

InsideGovernorsMansion.jpg
So...want...man...cave...pant-pant-pant
You stop by, brother. I guarantee you Wisconsin isn't all that different from Alaska, aside from the mountains. I'll give ya the tour on your way to S.C.

Man cave... every man should have one...

The drone.... sitting on top of the Denon AVR-2809...

Man cave:

IMG_6284.jpg

7464395932_7615466927.jpg

InsideGovernorsMansion.jpg
So...want...man...cave...pant-pant-pant
You stop by, brother. I guarantee you Wisconsin isn't all that different from Alaska, aside from the mountains. I'll give ya the tour on your way to S.C.
That's yours? I am impressed. If I head for the Carolinas, I'll plan a stop, if possible. I'd like to visit as many of my CS friends as possible.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Thinking of great dinners. I recently made time to meet some friends long unseen and too long left behind. We went to dinner at an outstanding Korean restaurant. Chow there is OUTSTANDING and we all had a great time catching up. Even though one is of...different political leanings, as long as certain topics remain out of the discussion, we all have a great time and enjoy those things we do have in common. Hint: we're all aircraft technicians and have pets.

So...want...man...cave...pant-pant-pant!
Brother, you live in Alaska, I thought 95.7% of the state was a man cave-ish.
Certainly, but that man cave décor is much more expensive than we'd use. We prefer lots of dead animals.
View attachment 36348
Hehe, those dead animals are much more fully clothed than the stuff I have.
Head hunted trophy skulls from the Dayak of Borneo and the Ifugao of the Philippines.
Skulls from dozens of animals, and the entire articulated skeleton of a Lynx.
Fossils from almost a dozen more.
Add some tribal shields and weapons.
Toss in a few tribal medicine man artifacts mostly comprised of bone.
Mix in some tribal masks and head-dresses.
Add a pinch of items/artifacts carved from bone in the past 1000 plus years from various civilizations.
Stir in a couple grave markers.
Add one shrunken head from Ecuador.

Shit, I don't need a man cave, my entire house is a man cave of history.

So...want...man...cave...pant-pant-pant!
Brother, you live in Alaska, I thought 95.7% of the state was a man cave-ish.
Certainly, but that man cave décor is much more expensive than we'd use. We prefer lots of dead animals.
View attachment 36348
Hehe, those dead animals are much more fully clothed than the stuff I have.
Head hunted trophy skulls from the Dayak of Borneo and the Ifugao of the Philippines.
Skulls from dozens of animals, and the entire articulated skeleton of a Lynx.
Fossils from almost a dozen more.
Add some tribal shields and weapons.
Toss in a few tribal medicine man artifacts mostly comprised of bone.
Mix in some tribal masks and head-dresses.
Add a pinch of items/artifacts carved from bone in the past 1000 plus years from various civilizations.
Stir in a couple grave markers.
Add one shrunken head from Ecuador.

Shit, I don't need a man cave, my entire house is a man cave of history.

Fascinating! :) Your man cave sounds extremely interesting.

It's been really cold here in Flawduh. Lows at night in the 40's and highs only in the 60's.

Someone....anyone....stop the madness!!! :lol:
Ha-ha-ha...hee-hee! 40? 60? That's not cold, that's a lovely summer day!!! We've had single digits and less than zero now these past few days. ...Guess Winter decided to show up, after all.

I agree. That is very warm. :D

I finally broke down and called the VA yesterday to get an appointment set up to look into why my back has hurt so bad for so long. Enough is enough. I could even need back surgery, don't know. That's what we're going to need to find out. I'm sick of the pain.

You have been hurting for all the time you have been on USMB, 007. Surely there is something they can do to help. But if they recommend surgery, please do get a second independent opinion before going that route.
Yeah it has been a long time, since way last summer. It just kinda started hurting without some event that appeared to set it off. That's what's so strange. In any case, I really need to get to the bottom of why it's hurting.

VA still hasn't called me back with an appointment date. I think the Madison VA has gone from acceptable to worse, even though all the national attention and new management.

Good luck. Hope you feel better soon. :)

I finally broke down and called the VA yesterday to get an appointment set up to look into why my back has hurt so bad for so long. Enough is enough. I could even need back surgery, don't know. That's what we're going to need to find out. I'm sick of the pain.
Backaches suck. I hafta sleep in a recliner so my back is bent forward gently. My doc said it won't get better..it will only get worse. RA sucks, too. But I won't take their damn poisons either, so....sigh. I gotta deal with it. In your case...if it is constant pain, then I am glad you are going to have it checked out. Let us know what the doc says.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Ernie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

nature-landscapes_widewallpaper_winter-light_16627.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back