USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have never been a fan of breakfast or breakfast type foods...although I don't mind an omelette for brunch.

I can take or leave most breakfasts which are usually pretty predictable and un-exciting. But every now and then there are some great eggs benedict or superb crepes that are an inspiration.

The most memorable breakfasts I remember as a youth were when I would go camping with people and breakfast was fresh caught trout--right out of the mountain stream and directly into the pan--with some tasty sides. Great stuff.

My most memorable breakfast as an adult was on a business trip. Early that morning I had flown into Kansas City where I took Frontier's still early morning champagne breakfast flight to Denver. Champagne, crepes suzette, a most wonderful croissant, and wonderfully seasoned Canadian bacon strips. I felt like a princess.

That was many years ago though. The flight experience has changed considerably since then.

I have never been a fan of breakfast or breakfast type foods...although I don't mind an omelette for brunch.

I can take or leave most breakfasts which are usually pretty predictable and un-exciting. But every now and then there are some great eggs benedict or superb crepes that are an inspiration.

The most memorable breakfasts I remember as a youth were when I would go camping with people and breakfast was fresh caught trout--right out of the mountain stream and directly into the pan--with some tasty sides. Great stuff.

My most memorable breakfast as an adult was on a business trip. Early that morning I had flown into Kansas City where I took Frontier's still early morning champagne breakfast flight to Denver. Champagne, crepes suzette, a most wonderful croissant, and wonderfully seasoned Canadian bacon strips. I felt like a princess.

That was many years ago though. The flight experience has changed considerably since then.

My most memorable breakfast was at a resort in Kauai. A room service order of eggs benedict eaten on the private patio...what a view.:thup:

Grand-Hyatt-Kauai-King-Ocean-View-Guestroom.jpg

My most memorable breakfast was at a resort in Kauai. A room service order of eggs benedict eaten on the private patio...what a view.:thup:

Oh man, look at that place! Stop teasing me! :lol:

Oh man, look at that place! Stop teasing me! :lol:

Yeah, it must be especially painfully to look at after coming out on the other side of a blizzard.:D

I like chicken fried chicken too, but in our southwestern culture it just wouldn't be kosher to have it for breakfast--it has to be a lunch or dinner entre.

And Hombre and I do enjoy the traditional guarden variety homemade breakfast of eggs, sausage and/or bacon, hash browns, toast, preserves or jelly, with a side of fruit or juice. And while we can't have chicken fried chicken for breakfast, it IS permissable to have those bacon and eggs for supper. :)

Hombre also makes great pancakes. And we can make breakfast burritos for any meal.

Pancakes, yessss! :D I love blueberry pancakes, but chocolate chip pancakes are pretty good too. I also made a big giant pancake in a pie plate with apples on the bottom one time. That was delicious. Didn't even need syrup.

The little one loves when I make her chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

Of course, her favorite breakfast is pepperoni and cottage cheese. She'd skip the cottage cheese if we let her; she's a fiend for pepperoni. :rofl:

Now THAT is an unusual breakfast. Lol. I like pepperoni a lot too though. Who doesn't? :D I'm sure I must have eaten cheese and pepperoni crackers for breakfast before.

She doesn't eat the pepperoni on anything. She just gets a stack of pepperoni slices and munches them. Pepperoni is her first response to any question about what she wants to eat, at any time of the day. When she's big enough to get it herself (right now we keep it in a drawer in the fridge which is a bit too high up for her) we may have a problem. :lol:

I don't know where it started, but she thinks pepperoni slices are the best food ever. :D

You should introduce her to Chorizo. She would probably like that too. I love Chorizo. In fact, I think I prefer that and sweet Italian sausage and Chorizo in my spaghetti sauce rather than meatballs recently. I can give you a recipe for that too! :)

I love Chorizo too!!!!!!!!!!

Pancakes, yessss! :D I love blueberry pancakes, but chocolate chip pancakes are pretty good too. I also made a big giant pancake in a pie plate with apples on the bottom one time. That was delicious. Didn't even need syrup.

Of course, her favorite breakfast is pepperoni and cottage cheese. She'd skip the cottage cheese if we let her; she's a fiend for pepperoni. :rofl:

Now THAT is an unusual breakfast. Lol. I like pepperoni a lot too though. Who doesn't? :D I'm sure I must have eaten cheese and pepperoni crackers for breakfast before.

She doesn't eat the pepperoni on anything. She just gets a stack of pepperoni slices and munches them. Pepperoni is her first response to any question about what she wants to eat, at any time of the day. When she's big enough to get it herself (right now we keep it in a drawer in the fridge which is a bit too high up for her) we may have a problem. :lol:

I don't know where it started, but she thinks pepperoni slices are the best food ever. :D

You should introduce her to Chorizo. She would probably like that too. I love Chorizo. In fact, I think I prefer that and sweet Italian sausage and Chorizo in my spaghetti sauce rather than meatballs recently. I can give you a recipe for that too! :)

Everytime I hear that word I think of...

:D

Charo.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
And just to give you a little idea of how bad it was . . . Dunkin Donuts was CLOSED!!!! :cry:

Mother of God...

NOOOOOO!!!!

6a00d8347a49a469e2014e8be46f36970d-800wi

lol.gif

It was like a nightmare, I tell you! :lol: Much worse than the storm was no Dunkin Donuts coffee for an entire day!!!

I bet it was
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO breath NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo :)

1213721025966_f.jpg

Thank goodness it was just one day and not longer.

Oh, so you understand. Lol. :D Yes, I suppose I'm kind of spoiled with my D&D coffees. :razz:

Charo.jpg

I know who that is. Charo? Coochie coochie she said, or something to that effect. Lol. How on EARTH do I know this? I don't even remember.

Charo.jpg

I know who that is. Charo? Coochie coochie she said, or something to that effect. Lol. How on EARTH do I know this? I don't even remember.

It's alright, my head is full of useless information as well.:D

I like just plain tea normally. I also really LOVE Chinese tea though. I put TONS of sugar in it. :D I've tried putting honey in as a substitute for sugar, but it's just not sugary enough for me. Tea with peanut butter toast. I like that for comfort food when I don't feel well.

Mrs. Liberty had tea and peanut butter toast for breakfast for years. Until she linked very dry itchy cracked bleeding hands in the winter to a peanut allergy.

Forum List

Back