USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good afternoon folks, I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday thus far. I am sitting down and enjoying a nice cup of tea before I try and finish my tasks for the day. I've been a busy-bee around here so I've earned a relaxing break with a cup of Constant Comment.

I LOVE Constant Comment :) For an every day inexpensive flavored tea, it is hard to beat.

I drink a LOT of tea, but I don't worry too much about what kind it is. Whatever cheap is generally all I look for. I did recently get some Celestial Seasons Madagascar Vanilla Red, though. It's pretty tasty, but surprisingly, the little one likes it more than I do. ;)

I like just plain tea normally. I also really LOVE Chinese tea though. I put TONS of sugar in it. :D I've tried putting honey in as a substitute for sugar, but it's just not sugary enough for me. Tea with peanut butter toast. I like that for comfort food when I don't feel well.

Honey is terrible. Not even close to good enough as a sweetener!

I used to really put a lot of sugar in my tea, but I've tried to cut down to be more healthy over the years. For me it's not about weight but my teeth; I have enough problems with them due to many years of smoking and drinking tea and coffee almost exclusively.

I LOVE Constant Comment :) For an every day inexpensive flavored tea, it is hard to beat.

I drink a LOT of tea, but I don't worry too much about what kind it is. Whatever cheap is generally all I look for. I did recently get some Celestial Seasons Madagascar Vanilla Red, though. It's pretty tasty, but surprisingly, the little one likes it more than I do. ;)

I like just plain tea normally. I also really LOVE Chinese tea though. I put TONS of sugar in it. :D I've tried putting honey in as a substitute for sugar, but it's just not sugary enough for me. Tea with peanut butter toast. I like that for comfort food when I don't feel well.

Tea and blueberries is my usual go to for breakfast but I love peavy butter toast on a morning I want something heartier.

We also try to have fresh fruit on hand. But I think my favorite winter breakfast is a hot cereal--oatmeal, malt-o-meal, etc.--with a side of fresh fruit or a smoothie and maybe a piece of hot cheese toast.

Same here. I always try keep fresh fruit in the house but I almost only eat it with breakfast. If we are talking favorite winter breakfast...mine would have to be chicken fried chicken swimming white pepper gravy. Rib-sticky breakfast! It is a meal I rarely eat because I always try to be mindful of fat content and calories. I can't run as often outside in the winter so I need to be extra vigilant.

I like chicken fried chicken too, but in our southwestern culture it just wouldn't be kosher to have it for breakfast--it has to be a lunch or dinner entre.

And Hombre and I do enjoy the traditional guarden variety homemade breakfast of eggs, sausage and/or bacon, hash browns, toast, preserves or jelly, with a side of fruit or juice. And while we can't have chicken fried chicken for breakfast, it IS permissable to have those bacon and eggs for supper. :)

Hombre also makes great pancakes. And we can make breakfast burritos for any meal.

Tea and blueberries is my usual go to for breakfast but I love peavy butter toast on a morning I want something heartier.

We also try to have fresh fruit on hand. But I think my favorite winter breakfast is a hot cereal--oatmeal, malt-o-meal, etc.--with a side of fresh fruit or a smoothie and maybe a piece of hot cheese toast.

Same here. I always try keep fresh fruit in the house but I almost only eat it with breakfast. If we are talking favorite winter breakfast...mine would have to be chicken fried chicken swimming white pepper gravy. Rib-sticky breakfast! It is a meal I rarely eat because I always try to be mindful of fat content and calories. I can't run as often outside in the winter so I need to be extra vigilant.

I like chicken fried chicken too, but in our southwestern culture it just wouldn't be kosher to have it for breakfast--it has to be a lunch or dinner entre.

And Hombre and I do enjoy the traditional guarden variety homemade breakfast of eggs, sausage and/or bacon, hash browns, toast, preserves or jelly, with a side of fruit or juice. And while we can't have chicken fried chicken for breakfast, it IS permissable to have those bacon and eggs for supper. :)

Hombre also makes great pancakes. And we can make breakfast burritos for any meal.

Oh, I could never eat something like that for breakfast. Some people like steak and eggs for breakfast too, but I personally can't eat that richly in the morning.

Pancakes, yessss! :D I love blueberry pancakes, but chocolate chip pancakes are pretty good too. I also made a big giant pancake in a pie plate with apples on the bottom one time. That was delicious. Didn't even need syrup.

I love hot breakfast foods as a late night meal; I used to go out with friends to 24-hour diners like a Denny's or Village Inn and eat eggs and pancakes, or French toast with strawberry jam, pretty often. Of course it also involved boatloads of coffee. :lol:

As we all got older and more spread out that kind of things declined, and now I'm in a different state than all of those friends, so it's been a while since I've done anything like that.

Pancakes, yessss! :D I love blueberry pancakes, but chocolate chip pancakes are pretty good too. I also made a big giant pancake in a pie plate with apples on the bottom one time. That was delicious. Didn't even need syrup.

The little one loves when I make her chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

Of course, her favorite breakfast is pepperoni and cottage cheese. She'd skip the cottage cheese if we let her; she's a fiend for pepperoni. :rofl:

Intriguing. Do you still have your recipe?

Of course, her favorite breakfast is pepperoni and cottage cheese. She'd skip the cottage cheese if we let her; she's a fiend for pepperoni. :rofl:

Now THAT is an unusual breakfast. Lol. I like pepperoni a lot too though. Who doesn't? :D I'm sure I must have eaten cheese and pepperoni crackers for breakfast before.

LOL, I just happened to notice this previous post a few minutes ago.

. . . .And Hombre and I do enjoy the traditional guarden variety. . .

I KNOW I didn't type it that way. . . .you really have to be careful when auto-spell correct is operational. :)

I got it offline. I've made it since though, following other recipes and it turns out basically the same. Just make sure to use an apple that can stand up to the cooking and doesn't turn into mush. I made one with MacIntosh apples, and it didn't really come out very good because the apples were too watery and mushy by the end of the cooking, which in turn effected the way the pancake came out. Here, this one sounds like a good recipe for it. :) I use brown sugar instead of maple syrup too.

Light and Fluffy Baked Apple Pancake Recipe - Grace Parisi Food Wine

I got it offline. I've made it since though, following other recipes and it turns out basically the same. Just make sure to use an apple that can stand up to the cooking and doesn't turn into mush. I made one with MacIntosh apples, and it didn't really come out very good because the apples were too watery and mushy by the end of the cooking, which in turn effected the way the pancake came out. Here, this one sounds like a good recipe for it. :) I use brown sugar instead of maple syrup too.

Thanks. That does look yummy but it doesn't really meet qualifications as a PANcake to me. And looks like way more work than a simple apple cobbler that is also yummy and would taste similar.

Thanks. That does look yummy but it doesn't really meet qualifications as a PANcake to me. And looks like way more work than a simple apple cobbler that is also yummy and would taste similar.

The recipe I used wasn't as complicated, but I can't find it. Also, just peeling and slicing the apples is a lot of work. That's why I've only made it a few times at most, but if you have company or something. It looks really nice and is very tasty. I think I want to make it again soon. I have a bag of Red Delicious apples right now as a matter of fact! :)

Separate the eggs? Hell, I don't even use pancake mix that requires eggs! I only want the stuff that you add water and it's ready to go. :rofl:

Now THAT is an unusual breakfast. Lol. I like pepperoni a lot too though. Who doesn't? :D I'm sure I must have eaten cheese and pepperoni crackers for breakfast before.

She doesn't eat the pepperoni on anything. She just gets a stack of pepperoni slices and munches them. Pepperoni is her first response to any question about what she wants to eat, at any time of the day. When she's big enough to get it herself (right now we keep it in a drawer in the fridge which is a bit too high up for her) we may have a problem. :lol:

I don't know where it started, but she thinks pepperoni slices are the best food ever. :D

Separate the eggs? Hell, I don't even use pancake mix that requires eggs! I only want the stuff that you add water and it's ready to go. :rofl:

Oh man, you haven't HAD pancakes until you've had homemade. That box stuff cannot compare! :) However, you could probably make the apple pancake with just that batter too. Just pour it over the apples and bake it. Stick a toothpick in it to check for doneness at frequent intervals though. It will get really tough and not very good if overbaked.

She doesn't eat the pepperoni on anything. She just gets a stack of pepperoni slices and munches them. Pepperoni is her first response to any question about what she wants to eat, at any time of the day. When she's big enough to get it herself (right now we keep it in a drawer in the fridge which is a bit too high up for her) we may have a problem. :lol:

I don't know where it started, but she thinks pepperoni slices are the best food ever. :D

You should introduce her to Chorizo. She would probably like that too. I love Chorizo. In fact, I think I prefer that and sweet Italian sausage and Chorizo in my spaghetti sauce rather than meatballs recently. I can give you a recipe for that too! :)

I have never been a fan of breakfast or breakfast type foods...although I don't mind an omelette for brunch.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have never been a fan of breakfast or breakfast type foods...although I don't mind an omelette for brunch.

I would normally only eat a big breakfast on the weekends. Who has the time during the week?

I need something that I can grab and go...and then I eat it after I'm at the office and my stomach is up to handling food. I do thinks like bananas and breakfast bars...I been digging these lately:

Nature_Valley_Soft_Baked_Oatmeal_Squares-Peanut_Butter.jpg

I would normally only eat a big breakfast on the weekends. Who has the time during the week?

I need something that I can grab and go...and then I eat it after I'm at the office and my stomach is up to handling food. I do thinks like bananas and breakfast bars...I been digging these lately:

Nature_Valley_Soft_Baked_Oatmeal_Squares-Peanut_Butter.jpg

Mmm. Those look really good. I like the chocolate chip granola bars too.

I feel the same sometimes in the morning. When my stomach doesn't feel up to food, I like Carnation Instant Breakfast. You don't even have to eat anything. Just drink it. They are not too bad, and if you add just a little chocolate syrup, they taste just like a milk shake. The only thing is that they have a lot of protein in them, so you can't let it sit around or else it starts to kind of congeal, which is pretty much the case with any protein drinks. I just drink them down real fast though. :D

Forum List

Back