USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning. Reporting in after the GIGANTIC blizzard! I made it through, being the hearty New Englander. :) Never lost power thankfully, but did lose cable for almost a day and a half!!!

In some places, snow drifts are at least 6 feet high! We really got dumped upon here in Massachusetts with this storm!

Pictures!!! :D

View attachment 36321

View attachment 36318 View attachment 36319

Oh wow, how neat Chris. May not be all that neat for you guys, but I used to LOVE snows like that when we lived on the mountain -- it was really pleasant getting snowed in for a day or two and that's all we were really ever confined. But at your latitude and altitude it might slow you down longer? So glad you didn't lose power but when we didn't hear from you during the blizzard, I did worry about you, especially when some reports here seemed to suggest Massachusetts was catching the brunt of it. With the terrible winds they were reporting, I'm surprised it piled up on the outdoor furniture and stuff like that.

You should see some of the gigantic snow drifts! :ack-1: They are HUGE! It was very windy, but my patio area is kind of sheltered by the woods and there are some fences around and stuff. It was still very harsh though. This wasn't like a peaceful calm snow, but like getting blasted in the face with sand or something.

Used to make ones like that from scratch, but not for the last seven years.

I still make homemade pizza from scratch. I found a super easy pizza crust recipe and we buy the pepperoni already sliced and the mozzarella already grated. If I'm in a hurry I'll use bottled pizza sauce but usually make my own homemade too.

In the summer, I just buy one of the Bertoli ready-made crusts (I hate messing with dough) and put my toppings on and grill on the grill until the cheese is bubbly. Everything seems to taste better on the grill for some reason. :D

Here is another picture. I just wanted to point out that those outdoor chairs and table are the tall bar-type swivel chairs, so that snow is friggin' DEEP. Lol! I haven't even attempted to go out back yet. The snow is up against my sliding glass door. If I open it, snow is going to come in the house.

Snapshot_20150127_7.JPG

Good morning. Reporting in after the GIGANTIC blizzard! I made it through, being the hearty New Englander. :) Never lost power thankfully, but did lose cable for almost a day and a half!!!

In some places, snow drifts are at least 6 feet high! We really got dumped upon here in Massachusetts with this storm!

Pictures!!! :D

View attachment 36321

View attachment 36318 View attachment 36319

Oh wow, how neat Chris. May not be all that neat for you guys, but I used to LOVE snows like that when we lived on the mountain -- it was really pleasant getting snowed in for a day or two and that's all we were really ever confined. But at your latitude and altitude it might slow you down longer? So glad you didn't lose power but when we didn't hear from you during the blizzard, I did worry about you, especially when some reports here seemed to suggest Massachusetts was catching the brunt of it. With the terrible winds they were reporting, I'm surprised it piled up on the outdoor furniture and stuff like that.

You should see some of the gigantic snow drifts! :ack-1: They are HUGE! It was very windy, but my patio area is kind of sheltered by the woods and there are some fences around and stuff. It was still very harsh though. This wasn't like a peaceful calm snow, but like getting blasted in the face with sand or something.

We had some blizzards in Kansas and even snow flakes moving at 60 mph plus can really sting your face or any exposed area. It does feel more like being sand blasted than it feels like snow.

I still make homemade pizza from scratch. I found a super easy pizza crust recipe and we buy the pepperoni already sliced and the mozzarella already grated. If I'm in a hurry I'll use bottled pizza sauce but usually make my own homemade too.

In the summer, I just buy one of the Bertoli ready-made crusts (I hate messing with dough) and put my toppings on and grill on the grill until the cheese is bubbly. Everything seems to taste better on the grill for some reason. :D

Never thought about cooking a pizza on a grill--I always though top and bottom heat was necessary? But it sounds good. We don't grill much any more as all my recipes work well using indoor appliances--cook stove, toaster oven, large area electric grill, our equivalent of a George Foreman grill, electric skillet, slow cookers, etc. And it's just less hassle.

Never thought about cooking a pizza on a grill--I always though top and bottom heat was necessary? But it sounds good. We don't grill much any more as all my recipes work well using indoor appliances--cook stove, toaster oven, large area electric grill, our equivalent of a George Foreman grill, electric skillet, slow cookers, etc.

As long as you close the top, your grill acts just like an oven. :) It works great, but I would recommend to cook it on lower heat, just enough to melt your cheese and heat up the crust. If you don't watch it, the bottom of the crust can burn.

Here is another picture. I just wanted to point out that those outdoor chairs and table are the tall bar-type swivel chairs, so that snow is friggin' DEEP. Lol! I haven't even attempted to go out back yet. The snow is up against my sliding glass door. If I open it, snow is going to come in the house.

View attachment 36333

Scaredy cat...gotta keep a brave face for the bunny. :biggrin:

Never thought about cooking a pizza on a grill--I always though top and bottom heat was necessary? But it sounds good. We don't grill much any more as all my recipes work well using indoor appliances--cook stove, toaster oven, large area electric grill, our equivalent of a George Foreman grill, electric skillet, slow cookers, etc.

As long as you close the top, your grill acts just like an oven. :) It works great, but I would recommend to cook it on lower heat, just enough to melt your cheese and heat up the crust. If you don't watch it, the bottom of the crust can burn.

Ah well, we just have a open charcoal grill outside--no lid to pull down.

Ah well, we just have a open charcoal grill outside--no lid to pull down.

Oh, that might make it more difficult to melt your toppings, you're right.

When the snow piles get filthy it's depressing. We dodged it so we won't have to deal with those

Forum List

Back