USMB Coffee Shop IV

I hauled my big old desktop Mac computer down to the computer fix it up shop this morning. They say they can get it all fixed up and humming along like it did when it was new. Hope so. I love that old computer. Guess when you go into it and start deleting stuff, you should know what you're deleting but I have to say, it was fun! Maybe when I get it back I won't be so quick to delete stuff.
ComputerCooling.jpg

I hauled my big old desktop Mac computer down to the computer fix it up shop this morning. They say they can get it all fixed up and humming along like it did when it was new. Hope so. I love that old computer. Guess when you go into it and start deleting stuff, you should know what you're deleting but I have to say, it was fun! Maybe when I get it back I won't be so quick to delete stuff.
I pulled a real doozie awhile back. I was showing my nephew the Taurus Raging Bull .44 mag on skype using my laptop, and dropped the pistol onto the keyboard. Busted two keys out and the thing went dead. Just broke my heart because I paid a lot of money for that VAIO and it would take another small fortune to replace it. So, I deduced something happened to the hard drive and was able to locate a new one, installed it, and low and behold I got a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it and got it back up and running. Well, not liking the big dents in the top of it or trying to type on the little micro switches under the missing keys, I also found a complete new top for it, keyboard and all, lit, an exact match, all the way over in Hong Kong. I ordered it up and it took a month and a half to get here, but I got it. I haven't installed it yet but plan to.

I think it's good to try and keep your machines up and running and well maintained as long as possible. I don't see a lot of difference nowadays in ones from a few years back and the new ones. My VAIO laptop has an i7 Intel processor, quad core DDR3 ram, LED LCD 1990x1080 display, bluray player that will even play 3D movies, a huge graphics card, and I bought this years ago. It would take two grand to buy all that in a laptop these days, might as well do all I can to keep it running. My ASUS desktop runs great too, no problems for four years now.
3060000000058371.JPG

ComputerCooling.jpg

I've never taped a fan to my pc......but I have taken the side panel off and put a fan up to it to prevent overheating. :lol:

ComputerCooling.jpg

I've never taped a fan to my pc......but I have taken the side panel off and put a fan up to it to prevent overheating. :lol:
The old desktop runs with the side panel off all the time, just have to remember to vacuum the heat sink under the fan once in a while....... :lol:

Apparently my diet and exercise app and pizza app don't communicate. Got an app for that?

No, but I bet if you could invent a low cal pizza that tastes like the real deal, you could become a millionaire overnight.

The sanctity of cheese on pizza shall not be enfringed!

I don't want to infringe it. I just want a version that allows us to enjoy it without consuming a gazillion calories. :)
smallpizza4.jpg

Apparently my diet and exercise app and pizza app don't communicate. Got an app for that?

No, but I bet if you could invent a low cal pizza that tastes like the real deal, you could become a millionaire overnight.

The sanctity of cheese on pizza shall not be enfringed!

I don't want to infringe it. I just want a version that allows us to enjoy it without consuming a gazillion calories. :)
smallpizza4.jpg

LOL. Sorry but I want half of THIS

cornpie.jpg

or THIS:

pizza1.jpg

for 250 calories total. :)

I pulled a real doozie awhile back. I was showing my nephew the Taurus Raging Bull .44 mag on skype using my laptop, and dropped the pistol onto the keyboard. Busted two keys out and the thing went dead. Just broke my heart because I paid a lot of money for that VAIO and it would take another small fortune to replace it. So, I deduced something happened to the hard drive and was able to locate a new one, installed it, and low and behold I got a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it and got it back up and running. Well, not liking the big dents in the top of it or trying to type on the little micro switches under the missing keys, I also found a complete new top for it, keyboard and all, lit, an exact match, all the way over in Hong Kong. I ordered it up and it took a month and a half to get here, but I got it. I haven't installed it yet but plan to.

I think it's good to try and keep your machines up and running and well maintained as long as possible. I don't see a lot of difference nowadays in ones from a few years back and the new ones. My VAIO laptop has an i7 Intel processor, quad core DDR3 ram, LED LCD 1990x1080 display, bluray player that will even play 3D movies, a huge graphics card, and I bought this years ago. It would take two grand to buy all that in a laptop these days, might as well do all I can to keep it running. My ASUS desktop runs great too, no problems for four years now.
3060000000058371.JPG
HEY... I think you found a pic of RED GREEN'S laptop.

One more pull from the front and it popped out.

I know where to go with this but........ Sherry? Are you around?

It brings to mind this commercial...the first time I heard it and wasn't looking at the TV, it REALLY got my attention right away.:D

"Ladies, pay attention, you suck it, you pull it, you squeeze it"... ya know, you can't tell me that they didn't know exactly what they were doing when they wrote those lines. They wanted it to stick in your head.

One more pull from the front and it popped out.

I know where to go with this but........ Sherry? Are you around?

It brings to mind this commercial...the first time I heard it and wasn't looking at the TV, it REALLY got my attention right away.:D

"Ladies, pay attention, you suck it, you pull it, you squeeze it"... ya know, you can't tell me that they didn't know exactly what they were doing when they wrote those lines. They wanted it to stick in your head.

That would be like saying to men... "gentlemen, pay attention, you lick it, you rub it, you stick it"... and they're talking about pasting a stamp... :lol:

Amazing... I met another guy on facebook that was in my Flight back in basic training. Also amazing he doesn't have our Squadron Flight picture either. So close yet so far away. The search continues.

Last edited:
Afternoon all! I've had an eventful few days - had an interview yesterday, for a Post Office job, think it went well, lets hope I get it. If I do, I am on trainee wages for a short period, then three months probation. So there is a lot to learn and they could dismiss me if they don't like me, which is fair enough. If I get it, though, I will have two part time jobs.

I also got my new glasses back. They arrived sooner than expected, black frames, just like I wanted, and I also have sunglasses as well, which are great. Got to try out contacts, too, I have a free trial, so went in yesterday to be shown how to use them. They are so difficult, I found. Hard to get it, but even harder to get them out. My eyes were so red and irritated I think I prefer my glasses. Its good to have an alternative, though, and I will keep trying to get used to them, but I don't think they are for me, to be honest.

I wore contacts from 1978 to last year. Decided to give my eyes a rest, but I can see a much wider range with contacts than glasses. I will update my prescription for contacts and wear them during the day and glasses in the evening. New contacts are harder to put in than slightly older ones. I use lots of saline solution which is actually cooling to the eye when you put them in. Once you have used them for a while, it is very easy to put them in or take them out and your eyes adjust to the right amount of tears to keep the eye wet.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Ernie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

nature-landscapes_widewallpaper_winter-light_16627.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back