USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I managed to get the tractor started although the key was nowhere to be found. Paul was mudding up on a farm road and got his Jeep all sideways. I basically had to lift the front end and move it sideways right at a culvert crossing. I didn't have a lot of room before I slid off into a swamp and got myself in worse shape than the Jeep was in.
Once the front wheels were up on the road, I chained up short to the back end and pulled that sideways while the wheels were spinning.
One more pull from the front and it popped out.

Another cup of coffee and I'll be fully functional.

Brain's not working yet today, trying to come up a witty (sarcastic) acronym for WHFD........ Nope, nothing. Need more coffee........

Weird Hospital For Dogs?

Witty Human Fermenting Dispensary?

Wimpy Hamburger Fast Drivethrough?
Try West Haven Fire Department. That might work.

A little light on the witty part, but yes, it works. ;)
Blame that on the city of West Haven.

I finally broke down and called the VA yesterday to get an appointment set up to look into why my back has hurt so bad for so long. Enough is enough. I could even need back surgery, don't know. That's what we're going to need to find out. I'm sick of the pain.

You have been hurting for all the time you have been on USMB, 007. Surely there is something they can do to help. But if they recommend surgery, please do get a second independent opinion before going that route.
Yeah it has been a long time, since way last summer. It just kinda started hurting without some event that appeared to set it off. That's what's so strange. In any case, I really need to get to the bottom of why it's hurting.

VA still hasn't called me back with an appointment date. I think the Madison VA has gone from acceptable to worse, even though all the national attention and new management.

It's been really cold here in Flawduh. Lows at night in the 40's and highs only in the 60's.

Someone....anyone....stop the madness!!! :lol:

Lows in the 40's makes for good sleeping. But I'll send some positive vibes to help get you through those brutal 60-degree temps. :)

Do ya'll own sweaters?

It's been really cold here in Flawduh. Lows at night in the 40's and highs only in the 60's.

Someone....anyone....stop the madness!!! :lol:

Lows in the 40's makes for good sleeping. But I'll send some positive vibes to help get you through those brutal 60-degree temps. :)

Burrrr.....it's cold!!!

new4_woman_in_very_cold_surroundings.jpg

I had to temporarily disable my Adblocker to e-file my taxes, and I forgot to enable them again before I came back here and OH MY... this place is RIDDLED with ADS. Glad I never see them.

I hauled my big old desktop Mac computer down to the computer fix it up shop this morning. They say they can get it all fixed up and humming along like it did when it was new. Hope so. I love that old computer. Guess when you go into it and start deleting stuff, you should know what you're deleting but I have to say, it was fun! Maybe when I get it back I won't be so quick to delete stuff.

Got banned from the muzzelloading forum for a month, called a jerk bully a narcissistic prick and apparently that was going too far.........
:lmao:

No doubt 'narcissistic' is just too extreme for that forum? But you would think you wouldn't have that kind of problem on a forum like that. Takes all kinds I guess. . . .

I hauled my big old desktop Mac computer down to the computer fix it up shop this morning. They say they can get it all fixed up and humming along like it did when it was new. Hope so. I love that old computer. Guess when you go into it and start deleting stuff, you should know what you're deleting but I have to say, it was fun! Maybe when I get it back I won't be so quick to delete stuff.

I need to haul my laptop into the computer doc too, but just hate to spend the money on something I don't really have to have. But I sure do enjoy playing games or doing other routine tasks during television offerings that I don't have to watch but can mostly listen to.

I pulled a real doozie awhile back. I was showing my nephew the Taurus Raging Bull .44 mag on skype using my laptop, and dropped the pistol onto the keyboard. Busted two keys out and the thing went dead. Just broke my heart because I paid a lot of money for that VAIO and it would take another small fortune to replace it. So, I deduced something happened to the hard drive and was able to locate a new one, installed it, and low and behold I got a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it and got it back up and running. Well, not liking the big dents in the top of it or trying to type on the little micro switches under the missing keys, I also found a complete new top for it, keyboard and all, lit, an exact match, all the way over in Hong Kong. I ordered it up and it took a month and a half to get here, but I got it. I haven't installed it yet but plan to.

I think it's good to try and keep your machines up and running and well maintained as long as possible. I don't see a lot of difference nowadays in ones from a few years back and the new ones. My VAIO laptop has an i7 Intel processor, quad core DDR3 ram, LED LCD 1990x1080 display, bluray player that will even play 3D movies, a huge graphics card, and I bought this years ago. It would take two grand to buy all that in a laptop these days, might as well do all I can to keep it running. My ASUS desktop runs great too, no problems for four years now.

Forum List

Back