USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm actually up at 9 AM. I was planning on being at work by 10 so I could spend time on the phone with tech support to get the POS talking to the office computer. Might not happen. One cup of coffee is not going to cut it.
50 degrees out there now, headed for about 56. We should have highs in the 60's the rest of the week. I think spring is in the air.
Windows? XP? 7? XP is a little time consuming and not as user friendly when it comes to networking as 7 and 8.
Spring? Not up here in the high country, not even close.
I think the both machines are Vista. Could be wrong. I don't do windows much. Once I get those 2 talking, I'll be getting the computer in the DJ booth connected to the POS so I can run music from behind the bar.

I'm actually up at 9 AM. I was planning on being at work by 10 so I could spend time on the phone with tech support to get the POS talking to the office computer. Might not happen. One cup of coffee is not going to cut it.
50 degrees out there now, headed for about 56. We should have highs in the 60's the rest of the week. I think spring is in the air.
Windows? XP? 7? XP is a little time consuming and not as user friendly when it comes to networking as 7 and 8.
I think the both machines are Vista. Could be wrong. I don't do windows much. Once I get those 2 talking, I'll be getting the computer in the DJ booth connected to the POS so I can run music from behind the bar.
Connect Computers Together using Ad Hoc Wireless for Sharing the Internet and Files Raymond.CC

has anyone heard anything from 'becki?

No. I have sent several e-mails w/no response. Also several PMs in case she had changed her e-mail address. No response. Because she was just not the type to up and leave without saying anything to anybody, I am terribly afraid something terrible must have happened. But I remain hopeful.

Didn't she say she has cancer? or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
I don't remember exactly what she had but I know she had a lot of health issues and that her time could come at anytime.

Becki had fibromyalgia which can be both painful and debilitating and there is no known cure, but it generally is not fatal. Sunshine had pulmonary hypertension which is very serious.
that's what I remember. I know becki was having a lot of issues with her husband

Yes, he had advanced stage dementia and was becoming most difficult for her to handle as his only caretaker, but she was determined to do that for him as long as she could.

Becki had fibromyalgia which can be both painful and debilitating and there is no known cure, but it generally is not fatal. Sunshine had pulmonary hypertension which is very serious.[/QUOTE]
that's what I remember. I know becki was having a lot of issues with her husband[/QUOTE]

Yes, he had advanced stage dementia and was becoming most difficult for her to handle as his only caretaker, but she was determined to do that for him as long as she could.[/QUOTE]

Maybe she has her hands too full with him right now, so that is why she is no longer posting.

Hey guys. what's new? I guess I should probably change my avatar. lol
Holy shit... Spoonbro... what the heck is up brother?
not much man, just bracing for this 2' of snow we're supposed to get starting tomorrow. how are things with you?

I saw that southeast New York up through New England were under a nor'easter blizzard warning--something like 2000 flights cancelled today and then again tomorrow? So hope you and Chris are stocked up on plenty of hot chocolate and no-cook munchies in case you lose power. Maybe New Jersey will be south of all that?

Tried to post the vigil list on my way to bed last night, but USMB would load but I couldn't navigate anywhere from there--nothing was working. Gave up and went to bed.

Becki had fibromyalgia which can be both painful and debilitating and there is no known cure, but it generally is not fatal. Sunshine had pulmonary hypertension which is very serious.
that's what I remember. I know becki was having a lot of issues with her husband[/QUOTE]

Yes, he had advanced stage dementia and was becoming most difficult for her to handle as his only caretaker, but she was determined to do that for him as long as she could.[/QUOTE]

Maybe she has her hands too full with him right now, so that is why she is no longer posting.[/QUOTE]

She had mentioned that he was needing more and more of her dedicated attention, but it isn't like her not to answer those PMs and e-mails. So I remain very concerned. She was such a special person and such a positive influence on me, I miss her a lot.

I hope he didn't do something really bad to her and she's in the hospital or something.
People with dementia can get very aggressive.

Connect Computers Together using Ad Hoc Wireless for Sharing the Internet and Files Raymond.CC
Ahhh the POS is an embedded windows version and heavily protected. On hold with tech support now

OK Got the 2 machines talking

Installing something on the office computer....

I have a coworker with July 4th as her birthday.

That's NOT my birthday though! Not even close. My birthday is August 17, 1978.

Someone younger than me! I'm not the CS baby. :lol:

I think Noomi and TK are probably the youngest, and then we had the highschooler who was posting here for awhile, but I can't recall his name right off the top of my head.

Haven't seen TK or Noomi in a while. I hope everything is okay.

Same sore back and ready for spring.

Going to call the VA and tell them it's time to look deeper into my back pain though. Put up one of those portable garages yesterday for the new John Deere and now I'm sore as hell today. Really sick of the pain at this point.

Probably a lot of over your head work with the arms 007. Just because its portable doesn't mean it is light and easy to assemble.
It sure wasn't light or easy. Thank God a friend dropped by and gave me a hand. No way I could have put it up alone. But I was impressed right from the start at how heavy duty and well made everything was, and sure enough it was made in America, had all SAE American made hardware as well. Hard to gauge it's size in the pic below but it's 13Wx20Lx10H feet. The tractor only takes up a tiny spot inside it. Lots more room in there.
The back is better this morning, but it still hurts quite a bit to bend over. I sure am tired of it. Time to get it looked at in depth, probably an MRI.

Stretch that fabric tight soldier! I don't want to see a single wrinkle! One of you others here grab some rocks and white paint! Move people!

:cool-45:
As it so happens, I was running out of daylight putting it together, and it is fully assembled, but there's pipes running inside a loop of the top cover near the bottom of the sides in between each upright strut, and I know I didn't pull those tight and tighten the fasteners yet. I'll wait until a warmer day.

Last edited:

I think Noomi and TK are probably the youngest, and then we had the highschooler who was posting here for awhile, but I can't recall his name right off the top of my head.

I knew Noomi was young, I have no idea why that didn't occur to me at the time. TK doesn't post in here as often, so I feel better not realizing his age. :lol:

Noomi has posted an update every few days late evenings which is her afternoon of course there in Oz. She seems to be in good spirits and doing fine. TK is okay too, just busy elsewhere.

Noomi has posted an update every few days late evenings which is her afternoon of course there in Oz. She seems to be in good spirits and doing fine. TK is okay too, just busy elsewhere.

Thanks. Good to know. I like them both. :)

Monday's smile

this-is-how.jpg

I just stumbled across one of those ancient blasts from the past that I hadn't thought about since I was a young child. Did ya'll ever do this? On a long car trip, picking and rooting for a certain raindrop to win the race?

enhanced-buzz-29876-1381854473-23.jpg

Forum List

Back