USMB Coffee Shop IV

drunkpolarbear.jpg

I work from 9 to 7 Monday and should get to the gym, file for am EIN (just started an investment club today with my kids, SIL, wife and ex MIL) and a few other things I'm forgetting right now. Bed time. :smiliehug: if you need one.

We are supposed to be getting a HUGE storm. They are forecasting that we are going to get 20+ inches of snow after all is said and done. I am so NOT prepared. I am going to have to go out first thing tomorrow morning and stock up on things, if there is anything left that is.

I've heard of that drink before, but I've never had one. I've had a Long Island ice tea though. I thought I would hate it because of all the alcohol, but it was actually pretty tasty. :)
Made right, it tastes just like sweet tea.
We make one that you would probably like called "Bushwhacker" it's got vanilla ice cream, chocolate liqueur, and coconut rum and dark rum. It's served with a straw stuck down in the middle that the bartender holds his finger over the end. The straw will be empty right down to the bottom. The straw is then carefully filled to the top with 151 proof rum.

Watched a guy drink a shot of 151 on fire once. Taking it to a literal burn just seems unnecessary.

I'm a shot virgin.:eusa_shhh:

I've done shots before. :puke: Gross. I'm not much of a drinker. I really can't handle my alcohol very well at all. :lol: I usually end up getting violently ill. The last time that happened was about 2 years ago at my cousin's wedding.

I only got sick once...back in HS, straight Southern Comfort and ended up with the dry heaves. I can't stomach the smell to this day.:( I have a 2 drink limit...because at 3 drinks my clothes fall off, and at 4 drinks it's goodnight.:D
Come on down! Max! Get Sherry 3 Sex on the Beaches and a cup of Cuban coffee.

Made right, it tastes just like sweet tea.
We make one that you would probably like called "Bushwhacker" it's got vanilla ice cream, chocolate liqueur, and coconut rum and dark rum. It's served with a straw stuck down in the middle that the bartender holds his finger over the end. The straw will be empty right down to the bottom. The straw is then carefully filled to the top with 151 proof rum.

Watched a guy drink a shot of 151 on fire once. Taking it to a literal burn just seems unnecessary.

I'm a shot virgin.:eusa_shhh:

I've done shots before. :puke: Gross. I'm not much of a drinker. I really can't handle my alcohol very well at all. :lol: I usually end up getting violently ill. The last time that happened was about 2 years ago at my cousin's wedding.

I only got sick once...back in HS, straight Southern Comfort and ended up with the dry heaves. I can't stomach the smell to this day.:( I have a 2 drink limit...because at 3 drinks my clothes fall off, and at 4 drinks it's goodnight.:D
Come on down! Max! Get Sherry 3 Sex on the Beaches and a cup of Cuban coffee.

Ernie, I'd love to go to your place. Can I buy the bartender a drink? :)

It is snowing harder tonight than we have seen it snow this winter. I hear the plow and salt trucks scraping their way up and down the boulevard, but not the front street. I went out to the store about 6:30 this evening and I found it tough to climb the hill of my driveway when I returned. The fireplace is warming the Great Hall here at Pimplebutt and all creatures great and small are cozy enough for a Sunday night.

The letter announcing the start of Easter Pageant on the Hillside rehearsal came yesterday so Spring can't be that far off.

I've told you a couple stories about my adventures in Italy. There are more, but tonight I want to tell you some of the things I learned in Germany. I spent four months there before I went to sunny Italy. I enjoyed Germany thoroughly.

The first thing I learned there was about breakfast. After an eight hour flight to Frankfort, I had a three hour drive ahead. When I got to my destination (a charming village called Annweiller) I found the bistro my firm had booked me into for the duration.

The bistro had a modest dining room and bar on the street level and two floors above fitted out as comfortable sleeping rooms. There was a bathroom on each floor. More about the unique plumbing later.

After a really good night's sleep, I went down to the dining room for breakfast. I saw what certainly would be recognized as a lavish breakfast buffet laid out on one of the tables. One man was seated at that table. I tok a plate (and checked the back stamp as is my habit coming from what was, at one time, the Pottery Capitol of the World), as surveyed the bill of fare. There was cold cuts, most unusual to my American eyes, loads of fresh fruit, hard rolls, coffee, tea, and assorted jams and jellies.

I took a roll, some fruit and coffee and then I put a dab of blueberry jellie on the plate. All the while, the one customer looked me over. "I'm the foreigner here" I thought to myself. "He must be intrigued by my Pittsburgh Pirates t shirt and Nikes."

I ate breakfast and drove to the base where my project was to take place over the next months.

When I got back to the bistro that evening, I noticed a note on my pillow.

"If you want a breakfast, please alert the manager and one will be provided."

As it turned out, that one customer was having his breakfast and did not feel right about sharing it with me. How was I to know that I was swiping food right out from under his nose! He was not intrigued by the American! He watched me walk up to his breakfast and help myself.

That was the first embarrassing act of mine in Germany. Soon I will tell you what happens when you walk into a bar with a sign featuring a black cat. Here's a hint: prostitution is legal in Germany.

We are supposed to be getting a HUGE storm. They are forecasting that we are going to get 20+ inches of snow after all is said and done. I am so NOT prepared. I am going to have to go out first thing tomorrow morning and stock up on things, if there is anything left that is.
Milk, bread and toilet paper......... :eusa_whistle:

It is snowing harder tonight than we have seen it snow this winter. I hear the plow and salt trucks scraping their way up and down the boulevard, but not the front street. I went out to the store about 6:30 this evening and I found it tough to climb the hill of my driveway when I returned. The fireplace is warming the Great Hall here at Pimplebutt and all creatures great and small are cozy enough for a Sunday night.

The letter announcing the start of Easter Pageant on the Hillside rehearsal came yesterday so Spring can't be that far off.

I've told you a couple stories about my adventures in Italy. There are more, but tonight I want to tell you some of the things I learned in Germany. I spent four months there before I went to sunny Italy. I enjoyed Germany thoroughly.

The first thing I learned there was about breakfast. After an eight hour flight to Frankfort, I had a three hour drive ahead. When I got to my destination (a charming village called Annweiller) I found the bistro my firm had booked me into for the duration.

The bistro had a modest dining room and bar on the street level and two floors above fitted out as comfortable sleeping rooms. There was a bathroom on each floor. More about the unique plumbing later.

After a really good night's sleep, I went down to the dining room for breakfast. I saw what certainly would be recognized as a lavish breakfast buffet laid out on one of the tables. One man was seated at that table. I tok a plate (and checked the back stamp as is my habit coming from what was, at one time, the Pottery Capitol of the World), as surveyed the bill of fare. There was cold cuts, most unusual to my American eyes, loads of fresh fruit, hard rolls, coffee, tea, and assorted jams and jellies.

I took a roll, some fruit and coffee and then I put a dab of blueberry jellie on the plate. All the while, the one customer looked me over. "I'm the foreigner here" I thought to myself. "He must be intrigued by my Pittsburgh Pirates t shirt and Nikes."

I ate breakfast and drove to the base where my project was to take place over the next months.

When I got back to the bistro that evening, I noticed a note on my pillow.

"If you want a breakfast, please alert the manager and one will be provided."

As it turned out, that one customer was having his breakfast and did not feel right about sharing it with me. How was I to know that I was swiping food right out from under his nose! He was not intrigued by the American! He watched me walk up to his breakfast and help myself.

That was the first embarrassing act of mine in Germany. Soon I will tell you what happens when you walk into a bar with a sign featuring a black cat. Here's a hint: prostitution is legal in Germany.

:lol:

Hopefully there's some left when I get there! Also, batteries . . . for the flashlight, get your minds out of the gutter! :D

Hopefully there's some left when I get there! Also, batteries . . . for the flashlight, get your minds out of the gutter! :D
Your flashlight vibrates? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back