USMB Coffee Shop IV

The ash spreading ceremony for gran was hilarious, I have to say. Normally such events would be sad, but something happened to day that made everyone laugh, and I have such great memories of today.

When we arrived at the church, a black and white cat was wandering around. Apparently, this cat was a stray who often hung around the church - and no wonder, the number of people who stopped to pet him!

In the church, halfway during the service, the cat entered, and padded up the aisle. He stopped in the middle of aisle and flopped onto his belly before proceeding to lick his paws with vigor. Then he jumped up and bounded onto the wooden alter where the candles were burning.

He came a little too close to one of the candles, and his tail started to smoulder. Smoke started to billow, and the congregation, who were singing a hymn at the time, all stopped and gasped as the misfortune of this poor moggy. The assistant priest had to stop what she was doing and remove the cat, carrying him outside.

10955709_10153201014242448_2151412014927551106_n.jpg

Then, while we were outside, ready for the ceremony to scatter grans ashes into the hole prepared in the memorial garden, the cat decided it would drink the Holy water:

10428567_10204822020045008_6680853730720258264_n.jpg

He then proceeded over to the hole (as shown in pic) and stick a curious paw into it, before trying to crawl into it. I had to step forward and grab the cat before he did his business in the hole!

The cat was okay, though. No burns to his tail, but he did spend the rest of the morning purring like a mad thing with all the cuddles he was given!

[QUOTE="Gracie, post: 10709769, member: 42649"]
She is dead. :(

Ok. I did a quick mental count in my head. I gave the ho 40 bucks. 10 bucks each for the 2 benches comes to 20. All the pots I got, plus some garden art (frogs and a cute little elf cabin thingy not very big but adorable), a plant stand, two wine barrels...another 20 bucks. So I spent 40 bucks and didn't get the fence. Ok. I still got a deal.
I hope she chokes on the 15 bucks and karmic justice smacks her upside the head but it won't be by my hand.

However, from this day forward, I will be very wary of ANYONE I do business with and consider them all crooks.

Considering your previous posts, are you trying to give us all a heart attack??:lol:[/QUOTE]

Focus on the important stuff Sherry! I"M NOT HER FAVORITE CAT!!!

I haz a sad.

The ash spreading ceremony for gran was hilarious, I have to say. Normally such events would be sad, but something happened to day that made everyone laugh, and I have such great memories of today.

When we arrived at the church, a black and white cat was wandering around. Apparently, this cat was a stray who often hung around the church - and no wonder, the number of people who stopped to pet him!

In the church, halfway during the service, the cat entered, and padded up the aisle. He stopped in the middle of aisle and flopped onto his belly before proceeding to lick his paws with vigor. Then he jumped up and bounded onto the wooden alter where the candles were burning.

He came a little too close to one of the candles, and his tail started to smoulder. Smoke started to billow, and the congregation, who were singing a hymn at the time, all stopped and gasped as the misfortune of this poor moggy. The assistant priest had to stop what she was doing and remove the cat, carrying him outside.

10955709_10153201014242448_2151412014927551106_n.jpg

Then, while we were outside, ready for the ceremony to scatter grans ashes into the hole prepared in the memorial garden, the cat decided it would drink the Holy water:

10428567_10204822020045008_6680853730720258264_n.jpg

He then proceeded over to the hole (as shown in pic) and stick a curious paw into it, before trying to crawl into it. I had to step forward and grab the cat before he did his business in the hole!

The cat was okay, though. No burns to his tail, but he did spend the rest of the morning purring like a mad thing with all the cuddles he was given!

And who knows. Maybe your Gran had a hand in all that. I like to think so anyway. :)

Yesterday we were discussing places to live including Pittsburgh. I inadvertently just ran across this article describing the most economical and retirement friendly places to retire. And Pittsburgh was among the top 10. Pittsburgh--you've come a long way baby.
10 Cheapest Places Where You ll Want to Retire - DailyFinance
Pittsburgh is a city that has made an amazing transformation.

Apparently so. One thing I have learned in my increasingly long life is that almost nothing stays the same. Change is inevitable. Sometimes it isn't change for the better. And sometimes it is.

Good morning everybody. Today is colonoscopy prep day for Hombre so he's on a clear liquid diet. I'm going on it with him in solidarity as I don't have the heart to eat real food in front of him.

Otherwise another beautiful spring day in early February. High 60's forecast for highs through Tuesday until we get a brief cool down when Gracie's storm works its way this far east.

The wife wanted to go on another road trip yesterday (escapism......). Since she's never been to Oklahoma I took her to Boise City. Not much there but they do have a local "museum", part of that museum is a house which when I first saw/walked in it I claimed it was designed by a student of Frank Lloyd Wright, sure enough it was designed and built buy Bruce Goff who studied under Wright and eventually became his partner.

It's considered one of Goffs more "conservative" designs.

main.php

On the way back went north to Lincoln, co then west on 160 through a small town, Pritchett, that was virtually a ghost town, all two lane roads.

The iron fence was not given in the transaction BBD, so I think that explains most of it. Vent to us Gracie, not on the neighbor please.
I would be over there with a small army loading the wrought iron fence. She made a deal and anyone with an ounce of honor would stick to the deal.

Revenge IS sweet, but it must be gotten in such a way that your target knows where it came from, but can't either prove or prosecute it.

I guess, but Jenner is a Connecticut boy. We worked together on a 3 wheeled recumbent bicycle he rode in a human powered vehicle competition.
I was able to get the trike up to 60MPH, but he could sustain 75 for a mile. He could spend an hour riding his ass off and his hair wasn't even mussed.

A funny thing happened today. On the way to church this morning we encountered 3 turkeys. They were in the middle of the road so I had to stop to keep from hitting them. They would not get out of the way. Mrs. BBD rolled her window down and made some gobbling sounds like a turkey would do and they all ran over to her side of the vehicle and were gobbling back at her. This went on for about 2 minutes. Slowly I drove away so I wouldn't run over any of them. When we were coming back home from church the turkeys were still there in the middle of the road blocking it so we had to stop again or either run over them. Mrs. BBD rolled her window down and started gobbling at the turkeys again and sure enough, they all ran to her side of the vehicle and they had a nice long chat. As I slowly drove off, I looked in my rear view mirror and the 3 turkeys were running behind the car trying to keep up with us. I find this very strange but really funny. What are the odds of those turkeys still being there when we were coming home from church? Makes me scratch my chin and wonder...

A funny thing happened today. On the way to church this morning we encountered 3 turkeys. They were in the middle of the road so I had to stop to keep from hitting them. They would not get out of the way. Mrs. BBD rolled her window down and made some gobbling sounds like a turkey would do and they all ran over to her side of the vehicle and were gobbling back at her. This went on for about 2 minutes. Slowly I drove away so I wouldn't run over any of them. When we were coming back home from church the turkeys were still there in the middle of the road blocking it so we had to stop again or either run over them. Mrs. BBD rolled her window down and started gobbling at the turkeys again and sure enough, they all ran to her side of the vehicle and they had a nice long chat. As I slowly drove off, I looked in my rear view mirror and the 3 turkeys were running behind the car trying to keep up with us. I find this very strange but really funny. What are the odds of those turkeys still being there when we were coming home from church? Makes me scratch my chin and wonder...
I do believe, I would have opened the car door and took them home for dinner.

BBD's story reminded me not only did the wife get to see what the Oklahoma plains look like....... (flat......) she got to see her first road runner, it cut across the road in front of us on rte 160 in Colorado........ Didn't expect to see one that far north but the habitat maps show a sliver of area going up into southeastern Colorado where we drove through.

Domestic turkeys? Or wild turkeys?

Turkeys really are pretty intelligent as birds go. They aren't cockatiels, but they are trainable to a certain extent, and they can be very territorial. Folks over on the east side of our state use them like watch dogs and they are pretty much as effective while not creating the liability that a protective dog can create.

Wild turkeys.

Wild turkeys.

Wow, those are pretty skittish. Maybe somebody has been feeding them though and they were especially hungry?

Forum List

Back