USMB Coffee Shop IV

About a month ago, a guy we trusted by doing business with him for over a year, came to the house to look at some stuff he wanted to buy. Silver candlesticks and whatnot. Some jewelry, etc. He STOLE an item. STOLE it right in front of our faces. So now we can't trust people to buy stuff we have dealt with before and trusted, and now we have to watch EVERYTHING we do at yard sales too. This sucks. And it pisses me off.

PISSED OFF.

I need to meditate.

She is dead. :(

Ok. I did a quick mental count in my head. I gave the ho 40 bucks. 10 bucks each for the 2 benches comes to 20. All the pots I got, plus some garden art (frogs and a cute little elf cabin thingy not very big but adorable), a plant stand, two wine barrels...another 20 bucks. So I spent 40 bucks and didn't get the fence. Ok. I still got a deal.
I hope she chokes on the 15 bucks and karmic justice smacks her upside the head but it won't be by my hand.

However, from this day forward, I will be very wary of ANYONE I do business with and consider them all crooks.

No snow in Foley.... 48 with rain moving in off the gulf. It's raining lightly right now, but it should get real wet here pretty soon. Maybe a couple inches before we're done today.
Interesting the different climates we all live in. Foxy gets about 9 and a half inches of rain per year and that same total is a not terribly unusual total for a single day here. The top 2 US cities with the highest annual rainfall totals are Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL. Foley is about half way in between.

You get more rain than Seattle?
Oh yes, quite a bit, but less rainy days.

• Mobile, Ala.: 67 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
  • Pensacola, Fla.: 65 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
  • New Orleans, La.: 64 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
  • West Palm Beach, Fla.: 63 inches average annual rainfall; 58 average annual rainy days
  • Lafayette, La.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 55 average annual rainy days
  • Baton Rouge, La.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
  • Miami, Fla.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 57 average annual rainy days
  • Port Arthur, Texas: 61 inches average annual rainfall; 51 average annual rainy days
  • Tallahassee, Fla.: 61 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
  • Lake Charles, La.: 58 inches average annual rainfall; 50 average annual rainy days

Here's a link to an interactive map that shows cities and days with precipitation.
Albuquerque shows 60, Mobile, 121 and Seattle, 155. Buffalo tops the list at 169.

You missed Juneau, Alaska at 223. That's a lot of what I assume is mostly snow! :lol:

[QUOTE="Gracie, post: 10709769, member: 42649"]

Ok. I did a quick mental count in my head. I gave the ho 40 bucks. 10 bucks each for the 2 benches comes to 20. All the pots I got, plus some garden art (frogs and a cute little elf cabin thingy not very big but adorable), a plant stand, two wine barrels...another 20 bucks. So I spent 40 bucks and didn't get the fence. Ok. I still got a deal.
I hope she chokes on the 15 bucks and karmic justice smacks her upside the head but it won't be by my hand.

However, from this day forward, I will be very wary of ANYONE I do business with and consider them all crooks.[/QUOTE]

Considering your previous posts, are you trying to give us all a heart attack??:lol:

I love horses! I spent quite a few years on a farm as kid/teen. My family has lived in this area for many generations and we are mainly farmers, miners, and, mill workers. Oddly enough, I got my love of flora and fauna from those years of back-breaking labor. I spent most of my time in the greenhouse or tending to the horses, pigs, chickens, and, cows. I try and visit the farm to go horseback riding several times a year but I haven't been able to since November. I am itching for nice long ride. We used to play "release" for hours in the cornfields. Though I do live in the city now I am still a country guy at heart.

Refresh my memory mdk. Where are you? I've pretty much got everybody else located in my head at least to the region of the country where they are, but no clue where you are. (Or I'm old and just forgot.)

I am from the sticks of Western Pennsylvania but I live in Pittsburgh now.
My condolences........ :D

lol. I love it here. I don't ever want to leave the area. I do like to travel but this place always home.

We have a good friend who lives in Philly. She was the executor of my beloved cousin's estate--the cousin was Aunt Betty and Uncle Ed's only daughter which is mostly why Hombre and I are the only ones left to look after them - both are now 88.

The friend retired from a quite successful career with Merck, her husband I think retired from a law firm, and they started a new business operating gourmet popcorn kiosks in shopping malls, airports, et al--you know the fancy flavored popcorns that you pay an arm and a leg for? They've been doing that for some time now but don't know how it is working out for them.
Both my parents were from Philly. Lots of family still there. I've loads of cousins, uncles, etc., who have played in various mummers bands. I always liked the New Years polka parties...what a HOOT!

You guys in the coastal states, especially in the southeast, protect yourselves from mosquito bites. Apparently a new and really vicious bug is being brought in there from the Caribbean: Caribbean blues Mosquito virus is sickening more travelers - Houston Chronicle

I protect myself from mosquitoes by not going outside. :lol:
I, too, protect myself from those types of mosquitoes by not going "Outside". We have plenty of our own mosquitoes, thank you!

The Master Suite renovation officially begins at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate this weekend. The custom chest of drawers might be delivered, if my cabinet maker's driveway ever thaws out. The bi-fold doors will be delivered next week. The new television and soundbar and all the connective gizmos have been delivered. Wallpaper and paint colors have been determined. The ultra cool lighting and all the cedar lining for the two new large closets are already at home.

That means this is destruction weekend. I will be sleeping in the Great Hall on the sleeper sofa. Daisy the Mutt will have to make an adjustment as the sleeper sofa is a twin size mattress, not affording her enough room to stretch out and find a comfortable spot in the center of the mattress.

I expect construction to begin next weekend and the Master Suite should be habitable sometime around the 25th. It will be messy and totally inconvenient for the duration, but once it's finished it should be spectacular!

I'll post 'before' pictures, putting the room in the worst possible condition. Look for after pictures, well, after.

Yup. I learned a long time ago that a sure fire way to generate postiive oohs and ahs were to show something at its worst in the 'before photos' before showing them the 'after'. :)

But I'm a little jealous Nosmo. We would dearly love to do some major remodeling, especially in the kitchen area and one of the back bedrooms, but alas, the funds just aren't there at this time. And neither of us is willing to go back to work to get them. :)
A sneek peek at the bed my cabinet maker is building:

resize

Wallpaper and border:

kraft_glenwood_gr_200.jpg

kraft_thornberry_200.jpg

Closet doors (two of 'em)

7ec285bc-9796-4419-920a-f7d4d3086ade_145.jpg
Nice, NoSmo! Just goes to prove that the gals haven't got the decorator's market cornered!

SFC Ollie
A heads up to all the prayer warriors: Many of you who are Ollie's friends know that Mrs. Ollie has been seriously ill. She has been in rehab for some time and things were really looking up until this afternoon, when things have apparently taken a serious turn for the worse. All of us who know Ollie love him dearly, so please put Mrs. O on your prayer and positive vibes agenda today.
OMG! Foxy. That's tragic. No wonder he's been gone. Life requires some attention, sometimes. My best hopes and wishes are going his way...and her's.

Our Feb. Rain is almost here! Central coast is gonna get 2 to 3 inches of rain...YAY!! I have everything battened down and am eagerly awaiting the first onslaught. But, I KNOW the power is going to go poof cuz it always does. Got my candles prepped, got the ice machine in the freezer popping out some cubes to keep the fridge cold during the outage, got my books stacked and ready. I even got out some playing cards and the dominoes and put them by the candles. I is prepared!! Storm is supposed to hit tonight and go all the way thru to Sunday night. I hope it sticks around longer, then heads east to the mountains and it turns cold so we can have some snow pack for this spring and summer.
Hey, Gracie! You're in the Pacific NW, aren't you? If I get down that way, I'd love to buy you lunch!

However, from this day forward, I will be very wary of ANYONE I do business with and consider them all crooks.
Don't let creeps like this cause you problems, Gracie. They are not worth damaging yourself. But do be careful!

Our Feb. Rain is almost here! Central coast is gonna get 2 to 3 inches of rain...YAY!! I have everything battened down and am eagerly awaiting the first onslaught. But, I KNOW the power is going to go poof cuz it always does. Got my candles prepped, got the ice machine in the freezer popping out some cubes to keep the fridge cold during the outage, got my books stacked and ready. I even got out some playing cards and the dominoes and put them by the candles. I is prepared!! Storm is supposed to hit tonight and go all the way thru to Sunday night. I hope it sticks around longer, then heads east to the mountains and it turns cold so we can have some snow pack for this spring and summer.
Hey, Gracie! You're in the Pacific NW, aren't you? If I get down that way, I'd love to buy you lunch!
Central coast, hon. Half way twixt SF and LA. If you do come thisaway, I would love to have you buy me lunch, lol.

Considering your previous posts, are you trying to give us all a heart attack??:lol:[/QUOTE]
lol. My CAT is dead. Not the skank crooked ho. LOL

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
GW's daughter's friend Sachendra,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Considering your previous posts, are you trying to give us all a heart attack??:lol:
lol. My CAT is dead. Not the skank crooked ho. LOL[/QUOTE]

Awww shit...I'm so sorry, Gracie.:smiliehug:

Forum List

Back