⚫ USMB Dark Skin/Style Available for testing.

I could keep on tweaking this thing all day and guaranteed there will be people unhappy :)

I can appreciate that.

Could I just point out one more thing.

The "notifications" background color used to be red. With the new dark mode (which I thank you very much for restoring) could we get that back to red to "pop" and draw the eye?

(The same blue color is used for the Bell Icon.)

WW

1718387297302.png

I can appreciate that.

Could I just point out one more thing.

The "notifications" background color used to be red. With the new dark mode (which I thank you very much for restoring) could we get that back to red to "pop" and draw the eye?

(The same blue color is used for the Bell Icon.)

WW

View attachment 962365

It's going to be one more thing, one more thing, one more thing, a thousand times. I'll get it changed.

It looks like the Dark Skin just disappeared today...

This is what you get at the Style chooser at the bottom of every page...

View attachment 962325

And this is what you get from the preferences page...
View attachment 962328

Is it just me?

Thanks,
Jim
Yeah.
Mine went white today.

It's actually kind of shockingly bright. The dark was so much easier on my old eyes.

A lot of our members have asked for a darker skin. I've made one available. This skin however may have bugs, it is in testing mode. I will not be taking requests to change little things on this skin as I just don't have the time to maintain 3 different skins for the site.

If something is genuinely broken, I'll try my best to fix it. But if you want some tiny little thing tweaked, etc... not going to happen.

You can test it by selecting USMB Dark from the style selector or in the User CP here: https://www.usmessageboard.com/account/preferences
I think it should only be used in the IM2 Whitey is racist forum

Actually one more thing LOL as sorry I had to go there but the lightbulb at the top is confusing me because I keep thinking that's my notification icon and I see that you have an option to change the style at the bottom of the screen. I could get use to it though but I was just curious why it's up there if there's already an option at the bottom to change it?

Actually one more thing LOL as sorry I had to go there but the lightbulb at the top is confusing me because I keep thinking that's my notification icon and I see that you have an option to change the style at the bottom of the screen. I could get use to it though but I was just curious why it's up there if there's already an option at the bottom to change it?

The lightbulb will switch you between the light skin and the dark skin. If you are on dark, it'll go light. If you are on light, it'll go dark. Just like a lightbulb in your house. It's easier and doesn't require a scroll down but only allows you to select between those 2. The style chooser lets you select between any... even though now there are only 4 options. The lightbulb only works on the "new" styles.... the old V2 style doesn't have that option.

Forum List

Back