USMB is Fox News

11 people killed in Virginia Beach shooting; suspect dead <<16 hours ago

The Latest: 11 killed, 6 hurt in shooting in Virginia Beach Notice the little thing that says "Associated Press" Mr. McJohnson. :rolleyes: Maybe someday you'll figure it out, but if you haven't by now, I doubt it.

...and still yet you can't comprehend what was said in the OP. Laugh off the booze it is killing your brain.

"I turn on CNN and see them talking about the mass shooting and that there would be a press conference from the Virginia Beach officials.

Then I turn on MSNBC and it is pretty much the same.

Finally I switch over to Fox News and what are they talking about?"

This thread has to do with what is on NETWORK television at the same time on 3 different networks.

And why was I flipping through channels in that order? Not because I prefer CNN, but because on my local cable they are channel 32, MSNBC is 34, and Fox News is 36.

The Latest: 11 killed, 6 hurt in shooting in Virginia Beach Notice the little thing that says "Associated Press" Mr. McJohnson. :rolleyes: Maybe someday you'll figure it out, but if you haven't by now, I doubt it.

...and still yet you can't comprehend what was said in the OP. Laugh off the booze it is killing your brain.

"I turn on CNN and see them talking about the mass shooting and that there would be a press conference from the Virginia Beach officials.

This thread has to do with what is on NETWORK television at the same time on 3 different networks.

And why was I flipping through channels in that order? Not because I prefer CNN, but because on my local cable they are channel 32, MSNBC is 34, and Fox News is 36.

You left it on for 30 seconds and changed stations during the commercial break. It's not like they didn't cover the same story, dummy. To claim so is being disingenuous.

You left it on for 30 seconds and changed stations during the commercial break. It's not like they didn't cover the same story, dummy. To claim so is being disingenuous.

I switched back and forth quite a few times... thus why I listed 3 stories they were covering instead of covering the LIVE press conference.

I'd like to know what is so press worthy of Hillary Clinton doing some kind of speech to a group of techies. It's a bit ironic given what she did, but certainly isn't more important than covering a live press conference for a mass shooting.

The same reason The NYT and WaPo essentially run the same stories simultaneously. Hive mind.

FOX had wide coverage of the incident yesterday, and will no doubt follow up today.

How much coverage do you need for a local crime?

While other news channels were broadcasting this important follow up that named the victims, Fox News was instead slamming Hillary because of some tech group she was supposed to talk to.

The only "hive mind" thing going on here is that Fox News is more worried about slamming ex-politicians and making Trump happy, than broadcasting REAL news.
The same reason The NYT and WaPo essentially run the same stories simultaneously. Hive mind.

FOX had wide coverage of the incident yesterday, and will no doubt follow up today.

While other news channels were broadcasting this important follow up that named the victims, Fox News was instead slamming Hillary because of some tech group she was supposed to talk to.

The only "hive mind" thing going on here is that Fox News is more worried about slamming ex-politicians and making Trump happy, than broadcasting REAL news.

Fox has been covering the same thing for the last 2 days also naming the victims.
2 hours ago.
Virginia Beach police identify all 12 victims of shooting at municipal complex

That's not the Fox News I was talking about... That's their internet site, not the broadcast. They did not broadcast and cover the press briefing this morning.

Yes they did.

No, they didn't. I was watching it as it happened. Fox News was not covering the mass shooting and the press conference a little after 8 am this morning. CNN, MSNBC, and HLN did.

Fox has been covering the same thing for the last 2 days also naming the victims.
2 hours ago.

That's not the Fox News I was talking about... That's their internet site, not the broadcast. They did not broadcast and cover the press briefing this morning.

Yes they did.

No, they didn't. I was watching it as it happened. Fox News was not covering the mass shooting and the press conference a little after 8 am this morning. CNN, MSNBC, and HLN did.

That web sight has their live news coverage clips.
I was watching at 7:00 a.m. our time this morning while it was on.

2 hours ago.

Yes they did.

2 hours ago.

Yes they did.

From 7:30 through the press conference and later, FOX NEWS was not covering it. I'm not going to argue that any longer. I know what the fuck I saw. The first thing they had on the air was the story saying Obama "Slammed the U.S."

2 hours ago.

Yes they did.

2 hours ago.

Yes they did.

From 7:30 through the press conference and later, FOX NEWS was not covering it. I'm not going to argue that any longer.

A rare wise decision. :auiqs.jpg:

2 hours ago.

Yes they did.

2 hours ago.

Yes they did.

From 7:30 through the press conference and later, FOX NEWS was not covering it. I'm not going to argue that any longer. I know what the fuck I saw. The first thing they had on the air was the story saying Obama "Slammed the U.S."

They had it live yesterday Lew.
Then they covered it again today, not at the same time as the others, who are nothing but one in the same.
Right now they are showing it again from yesterday.

It is quite amazing the difference in news coverage from Fox News compared to the others.

I turn on CNN and see them talking about the mass shooting and that there would be a press conference from the Virginia Beach officials.

Finally I switch over to Fox News and what are they talking about? First the stock market... then a few minutes later about Obama "slamming the U.S."... and then while the press conference is going on, Fox News STILL isn't covering it but instead is putting Hillary Clinton down about a future appearance she is making.

It makes me wonder if the NRA has a hand in Fox's pocket. TWELVE people were killed in a mass shooting and 4 more injured including a police officer, and Fox is trashing Obama and Hillary instead of talking about current events. This mirrors quite a bit of behavior on this forum.

I have also noticed that FOX News doesn't really cover the "news" at all, unless it can cast an unfavourable light on Democrats. FOX ginned up all of the outrage over Benghazi, the IRS non-scandal, and other minor events in the Obama Administration. I will admit that having a scandal-free administration which is not taking bribes, and having sex with boys, and laser focused on passing its agenda, give the Republicans prescious little to do in terms of oversight, but the 7 Benghazi investigations is 5 investigations too many.
AOC 24/7.

FOX News is not a news business. It's an entertainment business.
As they themselves have claimed.

Yep!
Fox News CEO Admits That The Network Is Not In The News Business
If you don't like the criticism of the left don't watch it.
Watch the other two cable networks who has plenty of rightwing bashing.
Don't forget they have all the other news channels as well as Hollywood, Reg. network primetime shows and late night shows, academia......excerta….excerta…...
They were right about no evidence of collusion though.
One conservative news network who was correct in reporting and the left are all upset about lt.

You would see rioting in the streets if conservatives had done the same thing.

What was there to really cover? After you get the initial report on the shooting a lot of what follows is speculation and opinion and showing the same video clips over and over you rarely get any new information. I see no problem with doing your regular programming and breaking in when you get new information.

2 hours ago.

Yes they did.

You watch four t.v.s at once?, I mean I used to watch three only in the fall with football/ Nascar

It is quite amazing the difference in news coverage from Fox News compared to the others.

I turn on CNN and see them talking about the mass shooting and that there would be a press conference from the Virginia Beach officials.

Finally I switch over to Fox News and what are they talking about? First the stock market... then a few minutes later about Obama "slamming the U.S."... and then while the press conference is going on, Fox News STILL isn't covering it but instead is putting Hillary Clinton down about a future appearance she is making.

It makes me wonder if the NRA has a hand in Fox's pocket. TWELVE people were killed in a mass shooting and 4 more injured including a police officer, and Fox is trashing Obama and Hillary instead of talking about current events. This mirrors quite a bit of behavior on this forum.

This latest mass shooting, a tragedy only for those directly experiencing loss or injury from it, fits a specific radical leftist political meta-narrative: chapter whatever number of a book titled 'The Case For Abolishing The 2nd Amendment'. This narrative is an exploitative one; one which exploits the deaths, injuries and personal losses of those directly involved in the VA shooting for supplemental political currency. You know this, I know this and we all together know this. Thank God absolute conformity of news reporting has not yet been achieved in our America of today. Doesn't it ever make you wonder? You seem like a careful thinker . . . why all of those other news outlets stand in absolute solidarity repeating every single day the exact identical talking points? Frankly, the best place for unbiased, true news are various You Tube channels of all political flavors.

Or, the other networks know folks like you get hard by watching mass shooting coverage and just feed it to y’all to get ratings.

Why is it important to know the identities of the victims? Are you seriously asking this?

You think a mass shooting with 12 victims and 4 injured is just a local story?
yes

Which are you responding to? I'll do this in 2 pieces then. First it is important to give the names and the lives of the victims because it gives the event a better and more important meaning. When the victims' stories are told, and the name of the mass shooter is demoralized, it not only helps with families of the victims, but it also helps the nation to understand these were people that did not need to die... and doing so also helps take the power away from the shooter, and the influence his actions may have on future people that might walk that line of doing a mass shooting as well.

Do you really think a mass shooting like this is a LOCAL news story?

yes. it's a local story.

No, it isn't a local story. If we lived in Syria, yeah 12 people being shot dead might be a local story.

If things have really gotten to the point where you think this mass shooting is a local story, then we definitely have a serious problem in our country that has numbed people to the point you are at.

What's numbed it, is the major 'news' networks spending hours a day on the event that is only of concern to the local police and citizens.

12 people get killed in Florida by a disgruntled employee.

How does that affect me in NH?

guy and his wife shoot up a Christmas party in San Beradino.

How does that affect me in NH?

it's a local news issue. Nationwide coverage for more than one or two hours total is ridiculous.

Nationwide coverage is used mainly for political reasons, and for the political empowerment of the left, and not so much for the informing of the American people in the dangers that might be lurking around them anymore or at least it's not what the left wants to use that coverage for these days (i.e. they don't want to warn Americans with it or to warn the American's of the threat's we face daily now). Shameful !!

OP is discussing a live news conference given by police and officials of the city where the shooting took place. What would the agenda be for covering such a press conference? What would the agenda be for not covering it?
Not covering it would be “we’ve already dedicated enough time to this event and there is tons of other news to get to” (such as the border crisis, Obama bashing the U.S., his former administration actively assisting our nation’s enemies, the exceptional state of the economy, and more).

Did you mean the border crisis created by Trump's policies, that have driven up the number of illegal crossings to the highest levels in 15 years?

Did you mean the border crisis created by Trump's policies, that have driven up the number of illegal crossings to the highest levels in 15 years?
Exactly which of President Trump’s policies encouraged an invasion of the United States? :laugh:

It was Barack Obama granting amnesty and the Dumbocrats creating “sanctuary cities” which have encouraged foreigners to come running (and you know it).

I turn on MSNBC and CNN I see nothing but bitching about Republicans.
I turn of Fox News and I see nothing but bitching about Democrats.
There's no fucking news on these networks; they just bitch about recent events, blaming the other party.

Mainstream Media is fucking shit.

Disney owns Fox News. That NRA money goes into the pockets of Mickey Mouse.

Forum List

Back