USMB liberals, what is the role of SCOTUS to you?

You mean like Heller?

Heller reaffirmed the original intent of the 2nd Amendment. I think you’re confusing this with Roe vs Wade...

It interpreted the second amendment and downplayed the role our founders planned for well regulated militias

Judicial Activism
What role is that? The Militia clause has no legal implications whatsoever. "Interpreting" the Constitution is what the Supreme Court is supposed to do, not change what it says. Morons like you would have us believe that "the people" means something different in the 2nd Amendment than it means in the First, Fourth and Tenth Amendments.
You are interpreting again
Leads to judicial activism
Wrong. I'm simply reading what the Constitution says. When you say "interpreting," you mean changing the meaning of the document to something that was never intended. When I say it, I mean applying the intended meaning to current legislation.
Heller was Rightwing judicial activism rewriting the second amendment

SCOTUS is the final verdict on the Constitutionality of an issue
They also resolve cases elevated from the lower courts
So given that they are the last stop on American Justice, you would want every single one of them to be held to the highest standard of impartiality, correct?

And yet your beloved Justice Ginsburg in 2015 gave a public interview to the press on exactly how she was going to cast on Obergefell a full month before she heard the facts of the case. I think the OP's question is a fair one.

The Liberals like to use SCOTUS to legislate, since they can't get their pie in the sky crap passed any other way

-Geaux

Liberals, let’s pony up.

What do you think is the role of SCOTUS and why does Kavanaugh freak you out so much?

Let me just say this...

If you pass Constitutional laws through the legislative process, you have nothing to worry about.

Kavanaugh seems to be a jurist who supports the Constitution.

Why does that scare you?

:banghead:
Yep, following the Constitution confuses the crap out of libtards.

It seems the Constitutional role of SCOTUS and the liberal perception of the role of SCOTUS are not congruent.

What is the role the SCOTUS?

Where in the Constitution does it say money = free speech.

Activism goes both ways.

Either you're ignorant or a hypocrite.

The constitution IS a living breathing thing -- what do call the Amendments.

Look up the word Amendment.
Obviously you are clueless, as you always are. The Constitution was written the way it was meant to remain. The only way you change it is by amendment. Unlike obuthole the great violater.

So given that they are the last stop on American Justice, you would want every single one of them to be held to the highest standard of impartiality, correct?

And yet your beloved Justice Ginsburg in 2015 gave a public interview to the press on exactly how she was going to cast on Obergefell a full month before she heard the facts of the case. I think the OP's question is a fair one.

RBG is the best Constitutional scholar on the court and the most respected

Biggest mistake EVER by SCOTUS was gay marriage. With ACA, being a close second

-Geaux
The biggest mistake of the Supreme Court on Gay Marriage was that it took so long

It was a no brainer

Liberals, let’s pony up.

What do you think is the role of SCOTUS and why does Kavanaugh freak you out so much?

Let me just say this...

If you pass Constitutional laws through the legislative process, you have nothing to worry about.

Why does that scare you?

RW tear down that wall

Liberals, let’s pony up.

Let me just say this...

Why does that scare you?

Not really

We wrote the damned thing

Heller reaffirmed the original intent of the 2nd Amendment. I think you’re confusing this with Roe vs Wade...

It interpreted the second amendment and downplayed the role our founders planned for well regulated militias

Judicial Activism
What role is that? The Militia clause has no legal implications whatsoever. "Interpreting" the Constitution is what the Supreme Court is supposed to do, not change what it says. Morons like you would have us believe that "the people" means something different in the 2nd Amendment than it means in the First, Fourth and Tenth Amendments.
Wrong. I'm simply reading what the Constitution says. When you say "interpreting," you mean changing the meaning of the document to something that was never intended. When I say it, I mean applying the intended meaning to current legislation.
Nope, it did nothing of the sort. What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" don't you understand? It's plain English so simple a 2nd grader can understand it?

• Thanks
Reactions: KGB
Liberals, let’s pony up.

Let me just say this...

Why does that scare you?

Not really

We wrote the damned thing

Who is this "we" you refer to?

You mean like Heller?

Judicial Activism
nice picture of "rodger" the alien on American dad

that you have in the sig line

--LOL

RBG is the best Constitutional scholar on the court and the most respected
Says who?

It seems the Constitutional role of SCOTUS and the liberal perception of the role of SCOTUS are not congruent.

Activism goes both ways.

Television is speech. Web pages are speech. Radio is speech. Newspapers are speech. Books are speech. Movies are speech. They all cost money. So how do you limit money without limiting speech?

Judicial Activism
Nope, it did nothing of the sort. What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" don't you understand? It's plain English so simple a 2nd grader can understand it?

Damn Fingerboy

There you go again.....reciting half the amendment

No wonder we need courts

Damn Fingerboy

There you go again.....reciting half the amendment

No wonder we need courts
What does the other clause require the government to do?

Activism goes both ways.

The so-called "living constitution" is leftwing propaganda. When leftwingers use the term, they aren't referring to the amendment process. They are referring to the ability of leftwing justices to redefine what the document means and thereby create new law.
You mean like Heller?

Judicial Activism

No you interpreted the 2nd Amendment incorrectly. The Founders always intended it to be an individual right. The court finally got it right in 2008.

1. Where does it say that money is not free speech, i.e. its my money I can spend it how I wish
2. The Constitution has done well for over 200 years NOT being twisted by the petty topics of the day

Do I have the right to take out a billboard and post your medical history?

Forum List

Back