USMB "South Park"

WAV files are huge, I can convert any sound file to mp3 if that's helpful in any way.

MP3 works most often, but most common recorders use WAV, MOV, or OGG. I don't have a character for you yet, but I can write you into the next script since it's not done. I was thinking a bat, for various reasons. Or an owl.
How about just a masked Wombat?

But anyhow, if you have any sound files which you want converted to mp3 for any reason, hit me up in PM.

Thanks, but the beauty of Linux programs, if a file format exists there is a converter for it. I can even use AU files.

Hmm ... a wombat with a mask, perhaps ... actually that's a damned good idea.

MP3 works most often, but most common recorders use WAV, MOV, or OGG. I don't have a character for you yet, but I can write you into the next script since it's not done. I was thinking a bat, for various reasons. Or an owl.

But anyhow, if you have any sound files which you want converted to mp3 for any reason, hit me up in PM.

Thanks, but the beauty of Linux programs, if a file format exists there is a converter for it. I can even use AU files.

I still haven't gotten around to putting Ubuntu on this PC... Still use it though, exclusively on my laptop.

I added a 1 Terabyte drive to this computer -- to accompany the 300GB which already existed -- and copied windows OS and all files over, and can boot to either drive. So, it's really a matter of just taking the time to install Ubuntu.

By the way, I think your cartoon is great so far.

I still haven't gotten around to putting Ubuntu on this PC... Still use it though, exclusively on my laptop.

I added a 1 Terabyte drive to this computer -- to accompany the 300GB which already existed -- and copied windows OS and all files over, and can boot to either drive. So, it's really a matter of just taking the time to install Ubuntu.

By the way, I think your cartoon is great so far.

Sweet system ... and thanks. I am going to get a second computer and link it with my current desktop. I can buy a bunch of "junk" computers and piece together one nice one really cheap, then when I do the animations I can have Blender running on both, one to model while the other renders. For some reason when you render in Blender it won't let you do anything else.

Oh, to all those in the first script, I have Tiger Bob's lines, if I get the others soon enough I can get the "Swine Flu" episode done very soon.

Sweet system ... and thanks. I am going to get a second computer and link it with my current desktop. I can buy a bunch of "junk" computers and piece together one nice one really cheap, then when I do the animations I can have Blender running on both, one to model while the other renders. For some reason when you render in Blender it won't let you do anything else.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IEZX3G"]Get this drive[/ame], it's well worth the 100 bucks and comes with proprietary software to copy the entire OS, files and everything else from smaller drives, when you build your cobble.

LOL ... I am old school, I pound it all together and then flip the switch ... if it blows up I start over again ...

Well, not really, but I junk shop for parts and like to buy from local who I know and can trust already. Kind of a double reason to, I like to support the local stores which still sell parts, hoping that they stay in business because Radio Shack no longer sells anything worth buying these days.

LOL ... I am old school, I pound it all together and then flip the switch ... if it blows up I start over again ...

Well, not really, but I junk shop for parts and like to buy from local who I know and can trust already. Kind of a double reason to, I like to support the local stores which still sell parts, hoping that they stay in business because Radio Shack no longer sells anything worth buying these days.
I do the same thing, but alot of what I do is storage intensive, the 1TB drive is a must for that, to build a computer around. And it's a new product, priced right and I couldn't resist the upgrade.

I have never bought a retail, ready-made computer. Always built my own. About to do so again, for the fourth time.

I clean my HDs a lot, so I don't actually use much space. But I need two completely independent processors (or more) to get more work done. I'm getting faster than the computers again and even manage to make a 1 Ghz processor slow down. With multiple computers linked I can run CPU and RAM intensive applications and just "switch" screens (going to write a "window in window" app to make it easier if I can't find one). I have three computers already, just can't use two of them for what I need now, they are too old. it would be nice to have one for editing, one for rendering, and maybe a server for storage and personal websites. When I do get the server though it will be after I upgrade my ISP connection speed, I just haven't bothered yet.

I clean my HDs a lot, so I don't actually use much space. But I need two completely independent processors (or more) to get more work done. I'm getting faster than the computers again and even manage to make a 1 Ghz processor slow down. With multiple computers linked I can run CPU and RAM intensive applications and just "switch" screens (going to write a "window in window" app to make it easier if I can't find one). I have three computers already, just can't use two of them for what I need now, they are too old. it would be nice to have one for editing, one for rendering, and maybe a server for storage and personal websites. When I do get the server though it will be after I upgrade my ISP connection speed, I just haven't bothered yet.
I think you would love my 3.6Ghz processor! And it's not even a top drawer one, anymore.

I think you would love my 3.6Ghz processor! And it's not even a top drawer one, anymore.

I'd still manage to slow it down. Most of what I do doesn't rely on speed, but even compiling code doesn't change much. When I compiled on a 300 Mhz machine it wasn't that much slower than my 1 Ghz machine, so I never bothered upgrading from this. I may get a faster CPU for the rendering machine when I do that, but raytracing is math intensive, so the math processor would need to be faster for it to take advantage of the CPU speed. Actually, since I got this computer I haven't ever upgraded it, I don't like messing with the hardware once I get it working and programming didn't take much, this whole 3D thing is new to me. I had been avoiding it like the plague, I just didn't think I was good at art.

The only reason I am thinking of getting a second one is because I am liking how this cartoon is turning out, and I know a better computer could make it faster and easier. By combining the two so they can share information I will be able to do even more at an even faster speed because of one other problem, as I said, Blender doesn't let you edit while it's rendering.

this whole 3D thing is new to me. I had been avoiding it like the plague, I just didn't think I was good at art.
Yer looking like an old pro!
The only reason I am thinking of getting a second one is because I am liking how this cartoon is turning out
It's great. I admire such skills. My forte is audio.

Well ... maybe you will be able to do the audio for it after there are at least three episodes. The video editor I have doesn't mix audio well, so I may need to have it all mixed first into one file then just append it to the video file. Which means I would send you the audio files, and muted video file, have you mix the audio and send me the mixed audio file, then I can seam them. Do you have a lot of "effects"? Like regular everyday sounds.

this whole 3D thing is new to me. I had been avoiding it like the plague, I just didn't think I was good at art.
Yer looking like an old pro!
The only reason I am thinking of getting a second one is because I am liking how this cartoon is turning out
It's great. I admire such skills. My forte is audio.

Well ... maybe you will be able to do the audio for it after there are at least three episodes. The video editor I have doesn't mix audio well, so I may need to have it all mixed first into one file then just append it to the video file. Which means I would send you the audio files, and muted video file, have you mix the audio and send me the mixed audio file, then I can seam them. Do you have a lot of "effects"? Like regular everyday sounds.
Yup! I believe I can help you there. Lemme know.

Working on the intro, just need short 1 minute song for it, something like "American Idiot" by Green Day.

The music is actually only temporary, I want a parody song about the dependence on media news for it really.

Forum List

Back