USMB: Which politcal party do you vote for?

What politcal party do you normally vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tumblin Tumbleweed

Gold Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hi folks. I just wanted to post an unofficial poll into the voting habits of our fair political message board. This is totally unscientific poll, so please, don't be shy! No judging allowed, please.

Might be a good representation at that, because many probably won't take this poll, so it will won't really be accurate at all.

I generally vote Republican but have voted for Democrats and independents when I agreed with their issues. Guess I would say I am and independent conservative, lol

Hi folks. I just wanted to post an unofficial poll into the voting habits of our fair political message board. This is totally unscientific poll, so please, don't be shy! No judging allowed, please.

Who votes for a 'party'?

I vote for people, not parties. I don't even want to know what their parties are, if they have one.
I dunno, voting on the basis of "party" just seems like a herd mentality.

Fun fact: More of us are "no party" than are either Democrats or Republicans. Way more.

Last edited:
I vote against – I’ve never voted ‘for’ any party or person.

I long ago made peace with America’s lesser of two evils political system.

I've voted for numerous parties locally. In our federal system, however, when there are traffic cops (the Senate majority leader and the Speaker of the House) set up that control the agendas based on party lines only; it makes zero sense to split your ballot in federal elections. As of late, I've had to vote for Democrats. I wish there were more choices than blue or red but hold zero illusion (as some do) that a third party would somehow be more pure or not open to corruption, party over people, etc.--all of the things that Dems and Reps get tagged with. If the libertarian party ever got into a position of power in the Senate, they'd be doing the same crap Harry Reid and Moscow Mitch have done.

I voted Democrat until 1984. The Democrat party isn't the Democrat party.

I've voted for numerous parties locally. In our federal system, however, when there are traffic cops (the Senate majority leader and the Speaker of the House) set up that control the agendas based on party lines only; it makes zero sense to split your ballot in federal elections. As of late, I've had to vote for Democrats. I wish there were more choices than blue or red but hold zero illusion (as some do) that a third party would somehow be more pure or not open to corruption, party over people, etc.--all of the things that Dems and Reps get tagged with. If the libertarian party ever got into a position of power in the Senate, they'd be doing the same crap Harry Reid and Moscow Mitch have done.

Political parties invariably fall into the same pattern --- once the idealism buzz from the beginning wears off, it's all about self-perpetuation and nothing else. Power for its own sake. When I become Emperor political parties will only exist under a charter, like a corporation, for twenty years, nonrenewable. After 20 years, that's it, you're done.

Political parties invariably fall into the same pattern --- once the idealism buzz from the beginning wears off, it's all about self-perpetuation and nothing else. Power for its own sake. When I become Emperor political parties will only exist under a charter, like a corporation, for twenty years, nonrenewable. After 20 years, that's it, you're done.
upload_2020-3-8_0-39-3.png

Much like governments. After a while, a lot of what government does is done to justify the existence of government. We make laws that are more and more restrictive and impose higher and higher fines to offset the costs of the bodies that enforce the laws and collect the fines.

I generally vote Republican but have voted for Democrats and independents when I agreed with their issues. Guess I would say I am and independent conservative, lol
That's what most have done over the years right ?? But things have gotten so messed up I would imagine, that straight line party ticket voting is becoming way more popular with the voters these days. This is because people know that to vote for one individual party candidate in either party these days, it can lead to the bringing of the rest of the bullcrap right on along or right on in with it, so they just go to a straight party line ticket voting in order to vote for the lesser of the two party evils on whole, in which is to be voted for in this way by most these days so to speak right ?? Is this right ?? It's why the party's should check themselves, and unload the bullcrap in regards to the health indicator of their party.

Nowadays I vote straight-line Republican, not because I'm in love with Republicans, but because they are not Democrats for the most part.

before Trump

There were republicans I would have voted for;

Mccain
Romney

and when it comes to LOCAL politics there were definitely republicans i DID vote for....

but after Trump...

I can't vote for any republicans any more.

Nowadays I vote straight-line Republican, not because I'm in love with Republicans, but because they are not Democrats for the most part.
That's what most are doing these days. There is no moderation anymore. Otherwise if a party has problems that are severe enough, either people don't care, and therefore vote for traditional reason's only or they abandon them altogether.

before Trump

There were republicans I would have voted for;

Mccain
Romney

and when it comes to LOCAL politics there were definitely republicans i DID vote for....

but after Trump...

I can't vote for any republicans any more.
Good grief, but the Democrats are clean as a whistle eh ??

I was non-partisan before the Demonicrats became so tarded. Now I vote strictly Republican in principle.

Forum List

Back