USMC vet claims PTSD and demands "right" to have pet dog with him at work.

Bless our service puppies all over the world ...bless them

All the puppies everywhere. Dogs are better behaved than some people. There's nothing wrong with the dogs. It's these weaklings who are emotional support beggars.

I have to agree there! :thup:

You have to agree with her calling our returning vets emotional support beggars?

That is fucked up.

I agree with her that dogs are better behaved than some people.

All the puppies everywhere. Dogs are better behaved than some people. There's nothing wrong with the dogs. It's these weaklings who are emotional support beggars.

You have to agree with her calling our returning vets emotional support beggars?

That is fucked up.

Not all dogs.

You have an out of control tranny flopping around and they have a dog..the dog is going to be agitated as well.

That is fucked up.

Not all dogs.

You have an out of control tranny flopping around and they have a dog..the dog is going to be agitated as well.

You are funny girl! :laugh:

as i've said before , my Dad and 2 Uncle- went to war , ww2 , stormed beaches , 1 died in France . The survivors came home , got jobs , got married , raised families and died natural deaths in beds in the USA . ------------------- in my OPINION , ptsd and similar is 'bs' in the majority of cases . In this particular case , i do not support this particular guy .

So- since your dad and 2 uncles never suffered PTSD- PTSD is bullshit?

And you don't support this guy......because you know him personally? Or just because you believe that any veteran who claims to have PTSD is bullshitting?

as i've said before , my Dad and 2 Uncle- went to war , ww2 , stormed beaches , 1 died in France . The survivors came home , got jobs , got married , raised families and died natural deaths in beds in the USA . ------------------- in my OPINION , ptsd and similar is 'bs' in the majority of cases . In this particular case , i do not support this particular guy .

And you don't support this guy......because you know him personally? Or just because you believe that any veteran who claims to have PTSD is bullshitting?
------------------------------------------------------- course i don't support him forcing his problem on a private business owner Syriusly

and as far as the PTSD , yes Sir , i think that in the majority of cases its BS Syriusly .

That is fucked up.

Not all dogs.

Not all dogs. Some dogs are genuinely embarrassed by their companion's behavior.

------------------------------------------------------- course i don't support him forcing his problem on a private business owner Syriusly

And if he was blind from being in combat? Would that be forcing his problem on a private business owner?
iu

and as far as the PTSD , yes Sir , i think that in the majority of cases its BS Syriusly .
You are correct. Half the time it's the excuse to get drunk or use drugs. Worse, its the first excuse of an abuser to avoid criminal prosecution for beating his family.

And if he was blind from being in combat? Would that be forcing his problem on a private business owner?
iu
It depends. Is it hysterical, intermittent blindness?

That is too bad.

I guess if you can't see that missing limb, you just assume the veteran is faking it.

Meet the 91-year-old whose wartime PTSD makes him the perfect guide for today’s veterans

The vets I meet are surprised to learn I’m a weightlifter who does interval training on the treadmill and that I can make it through a conversation without nodding off. I tell them how PTSD has affected me: I avoid elevators, crowds and July 4th fireworks; I’m claustrophobic from the 12 days I spent in a lightless cell at the Luftwaffe interrogation center in Germany, and I won’t fly unless I have an aisle seat.

Survivor’s guilt is still my strongest stressor. I make them privy to my emotional baggage to show them that they are not unique or weird. I tell them about my bombing missions with the Eighth Air Force during WWII and the day that my B-17 exploded over Berlin. How I am plagued with guilt over the loss of four of my crewmates that day. What it was like being a POW for a year and how exhilarating it was to see Patton lead his troops through the barbed wire gates of our Stalag to liberate us.

I also tell them that I have been an out patient at the hospital for more than 25 years and that the care I received has changed my life.

You are correct. Half the time it's the excuse to get drunk or use drugs. Worse, its the first excuse of an abuser to avoid criminal prosecution for beating his family.

Why am I not surprised that Conservatives don't want to support Veterans?

For those of us who recognized that we had a problem, a trip to a VA hospital for help quickly convinced us that they didn’t have a clue as to what was wrong with us. So we went back to our jobs and self-medicated with alcohol at night and on weekends. Lucky for us, recreational drugs were yet to become widespread.

iu
---------------------------------------- yes Syriusly , yes , business owner should rule no matter blind , or anything else . Course 'ptsd' is no where near compareable to being blind Syriusly .

That is too bad.

I guess if you can't see that missing limb, you just assume the veteran is faking it.

Meet the 91-year-old whose wartime PTSD makes him the perfect guide for today’s veterans

The vets I meet are surprised to learn I’m a weightlifter who does interval training on the treadmill and that I can make it through a conversation without nodding off. I tell them how PTSD has affected me: I avoid elevators, crowds and July 4th fireworks; I’m claustrophobic from the 12 days I spent in a lightless cell at the Luftwaffe interrogation center in Germany, and I won’t fly unless I have an aisle seat.

Survivor’s guilt is still my strongest stressor. I make them privy to my emotional baggage to show them that they are not unique or weird. I tell them about my bombing missions with the Eighth Air Force during WWII and the day that my B-17 exploded over Berlin. How I am plagued with guilt over the loss of four of my crewmates that day. What it was like being a POW for a year and how exhilarating it was to see Patton lead his troops through the barbed wire gates of our Stalag to liberate us.

I also tell them that I have been an out patient at the hospital for more than 25 years and that the care I received has changed my life.
Would you not find it odd that someone who was in a concentration camp, who might have been buried alive for fun or watched people forced to dig their own graves before being shot in the head. Women raped repeatedly, men raped and hung on meathooks until their shoulders dislocated. These people did not get PTSD.

What torture did the American Indians suffer on the Trail of Tears? How many deaths were witnessed in the Sand Creek Massacre. People who were strong enough to go on.

Your 91 year old is just weak. Weak mentally, weak emotionally. He should never have gone in the military. He doesn't have the soul of a warrior.

That is too bad.

Would you not find it odd that someone who was in a concentration camp, who might have been buried alive for fun or watched people forced to dig their own graves before being shot in the head. Women raped repeatedly, men raped and hung on meathooks until their shoulders dislocated. These people did not get PTSD.

They didn't?

PTSD and Holocaust Survivors, by Andy Douillard
Aging Holocaust Survivors Suffer From PTSD
Nazi horrors revisited: The Holocaust survivors who only develop PTSD in old age | Daily Mail Online

iu
---------------------------------------- yes Syriusly , yes , business owner should rule no matter blind , or anything else . Course 'ptsd' is no where near compareable to being blind Syriusly .

Since I have never been blind or suffered from PTSD I don't really have a basis for comparison.

Clearly you just know this stuff.

That is too bad.

They didn't?

PTSD and Holocaust Survivors, by Andy Douillard
Aging Holocaust Survivors Suffer From PTSD
Nazi horrors revisited: The Holocaust survivors who only develop PTSD in old age | Daily Mail Online

And Pismo finds PTSD in Holocaust survivors- funny?

iu

Since I have never been blind or suffered from PTSD I don't really have a basis for comparison.

------------------------------------------------------------ my opinion is that you and others like you are driven by emotion . My concern is with the private business owner , let the 'ptsd' or blind person find another job somewhere else Syriusly .

I believe PTSD is real, I get a dose of it just doing business with people. It does seem to be overplayed though with so many making the claim. That's a military discharge with a disability check every month.

All that aside, it should be up to the business owner, pay his bills then you can make decisions for him. Some people do not like dogs, and sometimes with good reason. I had two at my shop. Most people really liked them, which they sucked up in spades but some people freaked on me, although that was a very small minority.

iu

------------------------------------------------------------ my opinion is that you and others like you are driven by emotion . My concern is with the private business owner , let the 'ptsd' or blind person find another job somewhere else Syriusly .

You are welcome to your opinion.

I think veteran's deserve better treatment than that.

You don't.

Forum List

Back