USMC vet claims PTSD and demands "right" to have pet dog with him at work.

Ever talk to someone going on their fifth tour in Iraq? I have.
Yes I have. I have spoken at length to men that fought in Viet Nam as well as assorted gang bangers, killers, and general all around bad guys who never seem to get PTSD. PTSD is unknown among the cartels, the Mafia and even the Irish gangs don't get PTSD.

Historically wars were bloody affairs. The fighting was up close and personal. When the war was over, the men went home and led remarkable lives.

PTSD is an excuse. Its an excuse to get drunk, get loaded and more than anything its the go to reason to beat their women and children. It's what weak men use to get their way. Awww da big bad employer won't let me have my puppy. I'll show HIM. I'll make him do what I want.

Suck it up buttercup. The world is not your safe space.

Not one of the men claiming PTSD I've talked to can answer this.

How can a man show incredible bravery under fire, under horrible conditions, and bring everything they have to survival then come back and can't go out for lunch without their puppy?

It's amazing what people can do when they have to. No one cuts slack when the bullets are flying.
No one cuts slack when the bullets are flying.
are you speaking from experience?.....
Do you have experience in battlefield cowardice?
We know you've got a medal in bravery sitting behind a keyboard with an anonymous handle.
I can guarantee you I would not make some asinine claim of PTSD.
Your experience being what? You went thru combat and consider yoursel normal? Not everyone comes out the same or handles things the same.

In my Civil War studies I see PTSD in many who fought bravely. Major General Chamberlain comes to mind. MOH recipient and wounded seven different times, one which the doctors refused to do anything because they considered it fatal. While he led a productive life after the war, he did things that we know are signs of PTSD.

I don't consider claims of PTSD a handicap. I consider it an excuse. I don't hate them. I consider them weak.
Yes I have. I have spoken at length to men that fought in Viet Nam as well as assorted gang bangers, killers, and general all around bad guys who never seem to get PTSD. PTSD is unknown among the cartels, the Mafia and even the Irish gangs don't get PTSD.

Historically wars were bloody affairs. The fighting was up close and personal. When the war was over, the men went home and led remarkable lives.

PTSD is an excuse. Its an excuse to get drunk, get loaded and more than anything its the go to reason to beat their women and children. It's what weak men use to get their way. Awww da big bad employer won't let me have my puppy. I'll show HIM. I'll make him do what I want.

How can a man show incredible bravery under fire, under horrible conditions, and bring everything they have to survival then come back and can't go out for lunch without their puppy?

It's amazing what people can do when they have to. No one cuts slack when the bullets are flying.
So this guy is a coward?
Medal of Honor recipient urges support for PTSD
Betty Zane - Wikipedia

Betty Zane ran under heavy gunfire to resupply Fort Henry with gunpowder when the defenders ran out. She was 16 years old. She ran from the fort to a blockhouse and carried the powder back in her apron. No PTSD.

We know you've got a medal in bravery sitting behind a keyboard with an anonymous handle.
Your experience being what? You went thru combat and consider yoursel normal? Not everyone comes out the same or handles things the same.

In my Civil War studies I see PTSD in many who fought bravely. Major General Chamberlain comes to mind. MOH recipient and wounded seven different times, one which the doctors refused to do anything because they considered it fatal. While he led a productive life after the war, he did things that we know are signs of PTSD.
Did he rely on PTSD? Did he demand accommodation for his PTSD? No. He went on to live a productive life and asked nothing from anyone.

Not everyone handles everything the same. Some men are just weak. They can hold it together under trying circumstances then fall apart. They did fall apart that's the point.

So this guy is a coward?
Betty Zane - Wikipedia

Betty Zane ran under heavy gunfire to resupply Fort Henry with gunpowder when the defenders ran out. She was 16 years old. She ran from the fort to a blockhouse and carried the powder back in her apron. No PTSD.
A. You don't know she didn't have PTSD because we don't know much about her life.

B. Everyone handles situations differently.

Did he rely on PTSD? Did he demand accommodation for his PTSD? No. He went on to live a productive life and asked nothing from anyone.
I know seeing a Golden Retriever triggers whatever psychological problem you have.

So this guy is a coward?
Betty Zane - Wikipedia

How do you know?

Revolutionary War? One heroic deed? Good for her, but one stressful situation often doesn't lead to PTSD. Try when someone is engaged in high stress situations (like war) for years. The flood of adrenaline over a long period of time takes a toll on the body and the mind.

So this guy is a coward?
Betty Zane - Wikipedia

A. You don't know she didn't have PTSD because we don't know much about her life.

And his life and those around him would have been much better had they understood PTSD back then.

So this guy is a coward?
Betty Zane - Wikipedia

And his life and those around him would have been much better had they understood PTSD back then.
Psycho babble hadn't invented PTSD back then. Men went on and took care of business. That's the difference. Men pulled up their pants and did whatever needed to be done. They didn't whine about needing their security puppy.

So this guy is a coward?
Betty Zane - Wikipedia

Psycho babble hadn't invented PTSD back then. Men went on and took care of business. That's the difference. Men pulled up their pants and did whatever needed to be done. They didn't whine about needing their security puppy.

They drank, had nightmares, had days they couldn't get out of bed, had anger issues......

But NO PTSD!
(according to Tipsycatlover)

So this guy is a coward?
Betty Zane - Wikipedia

You trolling? Because no one is that stupid.

I know seeing a Golden Retriever triggers whatever psychological problem you have.
I love Golden Retrievers. They are the very best dogs for children. Big, patient, calm.

Betty Zane - Wikipedia

They drank, had nightmares, had days they couldn't get out of bed, had anger issues......

But NO PTSD!
Anger issues? Really? Anger issues?

They were men. They did not whine and complain that they needed understanding and accommodation because their fragile mental state was a disability.

Betty Zane - Wikipedia

But NO PTSD!

They were men. They did not whine and complain that they needed understanding and accommodation because their fragile mental state was a disability.
My grandfather woke up in a mass grave after being wounded in WW1. They say he was never the same. So you think he was a coward?

I've got to know a lot of combat vets living in a military town, some highly decorated for their actions. From WW2 to Afghanistan I have been close friends with a combat vet from every theater.

No one holds you antiquated uneducated position.

Of course you wouldn't....not going to experience it if you never get out from under your bed.

My Grandfather survived a mustard gas attack in WWI his left arm was shriveled. He went to work after the war and raised 5 children. My Dad was with the force on Normandy beach. He held the same job for 35 years without a security puppy.

Oddly enough I had a German uncle he came here after the war. Oddly enough he married a Jewish girl. He survived the Russian front. He knit. He never complained. He never asked for a single accommodation but he knit. He was quite good too. He kept the entire family in elaborate sweaters and socks. He did not take his knitting to work.

Men today are just mentally and emotionally weaker than men of the past. Men suffer PTSD from playing Call of Duty. They are traumatized by a final exam in college. There's something wrong other than PTSD.

Betty Zane - Wikipedia

But NO PTSD!

Yep. They didn't whine, didn't complain, they just suffered and occasionally made their loved ones miserable.

But NO PTSD!

Yep. They didn't whine, didn't complain, they just suffered and occasionally made their loved ones miserable.
Oh please like these guys claiming PTSD don't beat their wives and children. It's their favorite sport. PTSD is the go to defense. It's not myyyy fault. I got PTSD and the bitch doesn't unnnndddddeeeeeerstand meeee.

But NO PTSD!

Oh please like these guys claiming PTSD don't beat their wives and children. It's their favorite sport. PTSD is the go to defense. It's not myyyy fault. I got PTSD and the bitch doesn't unnnndddddeeeeeerstand meeee.

Who beat you?

Forum List

Back