USMC vet claims PTSD and demands "right" to have pet dog with him at work.

Who made you so weak and emotional?

I have emotions. I'm not weak.

Do you claim a PTSD fragility and need to drag around a binkie whereever you go?

Have your emotions. Then go on to do whatever you need to do

I do. Whenever I can.

But there are times when you need help. When your emotions get in the way.

I couldn't have gone to work when my husband was dying in the hospital, or the day after he died, and that didn't make me weak.

Our job is to push limitations, but sometimes, we just have to know when we can't push past them, and we need help.

Really? Reading about an alcoholic who ended up committing suicide should be required reading. Maybe so.
I have no issue with kids learning about alcohol and drug abuse. Why do you hate the handicapped?
I don't consider claims of PTSD a handicap. I consider it an excuse. I don't hate them. I consider them weak.
Ever talk to someone going on their fifth tour in Iraq? I have.
------------------------------------ they probably VOLUNTEERED eh Weatherman ??
And what's that have to do with the stress of going into combat? You think they think it's fun because they fight for us? Dumbass.
------------------------------------------------------------- hey , if they want less stress they shouldn't volunteer for their jobs . They volunteer for their jobs and they get the rewards and they get the perks of education , money and excitement as the voluntarily travel to foreign lands for the 5th time . ----------------- My point is that they , in this case this one dog owner that wants a job will infringe on the RIGHTS of the private businessman and reduce his freedoms on his private property . it is the job of the USA Military to serve America and Americans and not the other way around DUMBFECK Weatherman .

Do you claim a PTSD fragility and need to drag around a binkie whereever you go?

I do. Whenever I can.

I couldn't have gone to work the day after my husband died, and that didn't make me weak.

Our job is to push limitations, but sometimes, we just have to know when we can't push past them, and we need help.
I went from my mother's funeral to take my final exam at law school.

The day my husband died I was at work, all day. I went to the hospital after closing to pick up his things.

The day my stepdad walked out the door and was never seen again, I had trials, I went to court.

Need help. How asinine. You do whatever you need to do without clutching your binkie.

Really? Reading about an alcoholic who ended up committing suicide should be required reading. Maybe so.
I have no issue with kids learning about alcohol and drug abuse. Why do you hate the handicapped?
I don't consider claims of PTSD a handicap. I consider it an excuse. I don't hate them. I consider them weak.
Ever talk to someone going on their fifth tour in Iraq? I have.
Yes I have. I have spoken at length to men that fought in Viet Nam as well as assorted gang bangers, killers, and general all around bad guys who never seem to get PTSD. PTSD is unknown among the cartels, the Mafia and even the Irish gangs don't get PTSD.

Historically wars were bloody affairs. The fighting was up close and personal. When the war was over, the men went home and led remarkable lives.

PTSD is an excuse. Its an excuse to get drunk, get loaded and more than anything its the go to reason to beat their women and children. It's what weak men use to get their way. Awww da big bad employer won't let me have my puppy. I'll show HIM. I'll make him do what I want.

Suck it up buttercup. The world is not your safe space.

Not one of the men claiming PTSD I've talked to can answer this.

How can a man show incredible bravery under fire, under horrible conditions, and bring everything they have to survival then come back and can't go out for lunch without their puppy?

It's amazing what people can do when they have to. No one cuts slack when the bullets are flying.
Ask any MOH, Silver Star or Purple Heart recipient and they'll tell you PTSD is real.
------------------------------------- probably correct if they are current generation or 2 , access to money and favors is what 'ptsd' is about Weatherman .

Last edited:

I do. Whenever I can.

I couldn't have gone to work the day after my husband died, and that didn't make me weak.

The day my husband died I was at work, all day. I went to the hospital after closing to pick up his things.

The day my stepdad walked out the door and was never seen again, I had trials, I went to court.

Need help. How asinine. You do whatever you need to do without clutching your binkie.

We are apparently different.

The difference between us is that you can't respect others' limits. Everyone has limits.

My limit is that once I knew my husband was dying, I couldn't just go to work. I couldn't do my routine. He was who I focused on, until he took his last breath.

Anyone who thought I wasn't where I should have been can go to hell.

A. You don't know she didn't have PTSD because we don't know much about her life.

B. Everyone handles situations differently.
And his life and those around him would have been much better had they understood PTSD back then.
Psycho babble hadn't invented PTSD back then. Men went on and took care of business. That's the difference. Men pulled up their pants and did whatever needed to be done. They didn't whine about needing their security puppy.

They drank, had nightmares, had days they couldn't get out of bed, had anger issues......

But NO PTSD!
(according to Tipsycatlover)
Anger issues? Really? Anger issues?

They were men. They did not whine and complain that they needed understanding and accommodation because their fragile mental state was a disability.
My grandfather woke up in a mass grave after being wounded in WW1. They say he was never the same. So you think he was a coward?

I've got to know a lot of combat vets living in a military town, some highly decorated for their actions. From WW2 to Afghanistan I have been close friends with a combat vet from every theater.

No one holds you antiquated uneducated position.
------------------------------------ as i have said , possibility of 'ptsd' now or in the future is a perk , it is access to money and favors Weatherman .

I do. Whenever I can.

That explains a lot.

My limit is that once I knew my husband was dying, I couldn't just go to work. I couldn't do my routine. He was who I focused on, until he took his last breath.

By the time my husband was dying I had already closed the law office and opened the dog grooming shop. I moved him into the back room where I could take care of him and work too. He needed 24/7 care. I had to work so I did. Suck it up buttercup. No one wants to hear about the wound care or diapers you got going on. When he went in the hospital I shuttled back and forth. I had bathers, techs, they needed the money I paid them. Suck it up, pull your pants up someone has a baby to feed and it ain't you. No one wants to hear your sob story.

By the time my husband was dying I had already closed the law office and opened the dog grooming shop. I moved him into the back room where I could take care of him and work too. He needed 24/7 care. I had to work so I did. Suck it up buttercup. No one wants to hear about the wound care or diapers you got going on. When he went in the hospital I shuttled back and forth. I had bathers, techs, they needed the money I paid them. Suck it up, pull your pants up someone has a baby to feed and it ain't you. No one wants to hear your sob story.

I'm so sorry for you.

It's not my sob story. Just my story.

I wouldn't have changed a thing I did.

Hell with these idiots who try and bring their pets to work with them.

USMC Vet: Employer Won't Let Me Come to Work With PTSD Service Dog

july 8 2017 A United States Marine Corps veteran who suffers from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder said his employer won't let him come to work with his service dog.

Yauncey Long said Cincinnati Bell, a Midwest telecom company, refused to let him work in the company of his service dog, C4.

Long said he's gotten pushback from the company, including "unsatisfactory" responses from management, after he applied for reasonable accommodations.
what kind of dog and what kind of work

For the most part this country sends their children to war. I know nothing of you but I assume you are older and have viewed death. In many cases these veterans see death for the first time in war and you have no idea as I am sure the low-ness you feel when you take another life. You feel a way that you can not explain that you feel will never go away. I was 20 when I was sent to Vietnam as a Marine. I was lucky that I had a helpful family and was able to make a good life for me and my family. I went back to school, got married, and got a decent job. You must be aware that war changes a person for ever. Yes there are some phonies but right thinking people will be patient and help those that have been through these horrible things.

For the most part this country sends their children to war. I know nothing of you but I assume you are older and have viewed death. In many cases these veterans see death for the first time in war and you have no idea as I am sure the low-ness you feel when you take another life. You feel a way that you can not explain that you feel will never go away. I was 20 when I was sent to Vietnam as a Marine. I was lucky that I had a helpful family and was able to make a good life for me and my family. I went back to school, got married, and got a decent job. You must be aware that war changes a person for ever. Yes there are some phonies but right thinking people will be patient and help those that have been through these horrible things.
Life means that horrible things will happen. Most people will see something ugly at some point.

It's the people that claim all these emotional illnesses and breaks with reality that should not be catered to.

Life means that horrible things will happen. Most people will see something ugly at some point.

It's the people that claim all these emotional illnesses and breaks with reality that should not be catered to.

They should be allowed to stay broken and suffer?

And what about people with physical ailments? Is treatment "catering" to them?

Hardly a break with reality as many would claim you have not fully experienced reality.

And his life and those around him would have been much better had they understood PTSD back then.
Psycho babble hadn't invented PTSD back then. Men went on and took care of business. That's the difference. Men pulled up their pants and did whatever needed to be done. They didn't whine about needing their security puppy.

They drank, had nightmares, had days they couldn't get out of bed, had anger issues......

But NO PTSD!
(according to Tipsycatlover)
Anger issues? Really? Anger issues?

They were men. They did not whine and complain that they needed understanding and accommodation because their fragile mental state was a disability.
My grandfather woke up in a mass grave after being wounded in WW1. They say he was never the same. So you think he was a coward?

I've got to know a lot of combat vets living in a military town, some highly decorated for their actions. From WW2 to Afghanistan I have been close friends with a combat vet from every theater.

No one holds you antiquated uneducated position.
------------------------------------ as i have said , possibility of 'ptsd' now or in the future is a perk , it is access to money and favors Weatherman .
Well, gee. When they figured out leeches didn't work costs went up for the new treatments too.

Friend, until you walk a mile in their shoes you have no right to say that. Broken bodies, which I have, are on view all the time. Not so broken souls. They don't claim mental illnesses, they don't even know what is wrong. So lighten up.

They should be allowed to stay broken and suffer?

And what about people with physical ailments? Is treatment "catering" to them?
Those who are suffering from made up emotional maladies aren't broken. They are weak. When they get a spine they will no longer be suffering. They want a binkie. A binkie in a bottle, a blunt binkie, a binkie pill, in this case a furry binkie.

Forum List

Back