Zone1 USSC to hear racial discrimination in education case today

Do whites who do all this whining about racial preferences not understand that white is a race and that whites get the most preferences?

If whites get the most preferences, why didn't B. Hussein O. point out his white background when he went to college and ran for office?

Why did Pocahontas say she was a squaw, instead of a rich white Margaret Drysdale-type broad from Boston (which she was)?

Those folks are demagogues but they aren't stupid. They knew there was an advantage to claiming POC standing.

true

College attendance by men, and by white men in particular, has declined steeply relative to attendance by women. As a remarkable Wall Street Journal report has it, men today make up only two out of five college students, and the men who do enroll are less likely to graduate than the women.

Why women being more college educated than men is troubling fo…

View attachment 718728
nypost.com/2021/09/11/why-women-being-more-college-educated-than-men-is-t…
No one answered your thread. We are done as a nation if this is not addressed. And it most likely will not be.

Do whites who do all this whining about racial preferences not understand that white is a race and that whites get the most preferences?
Ohpleasejustquit,

I hate to state the obvious but white is a race and whites do get hired by other whites only because of race.

If whites get the most preferences, why didn't B. Hussein O. point out his white background when he went to college and ran for office?

Why did Pocahontas say she was a squaw, instead of a rich white Margaret Drysdale-type broad from Boston (which she was)?

Those folks are demagogues but they aren't stupid. They knew there was an advantage to claiming POC standing.
Whites are 60 percent of the population, 77 percent of the workforce, and 80 percent of the management. Most of that management are white men who are 36 percent of the population. Asking dumb questions about Obama or Elizabeth Warren does not change this reality.

Again, that black kid faced the white racism you didn't. The finger was on the scale against them.

Yet he had more wealth than me, more opportunity than me, and probably didn't face a shred of actual racism unless we are talking about someone growing up in the 60's or 70's, i.e. the parents that are now a doctor and a lawyer and were able to overcome all that.

Why should I pay for the sins of the past in perpetuity?

All institutional racism in government and most private industry has been abolished. The only people keeping shreds of it alive are people like you.

I knew someone with one black great-grandfather and applied to a decent, although not top school, and was rejected. She applied again to a much more competitive school, this time claiming she was bI-racial, and was welcomed in with open arms.

The legal effort was brought to the high court by the conservative group Students for Fair Admissions, which argues that nearly four decades of affirmative action precedent have disproportionately harmed Asian American applicants and that institutions should amend their policies to adopt "race-neutral" standards. The justices will hear two cases Monday over admissions policies at the public University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the private Harvard University .

Edward Blum, the 70-year-old head at SFFA and a longtime critic of affirmative action, said the group represents nearly 20,000 students who are asking the high court to overturn its decision in Grutter v. Bollinger, which affirmed the partial use of race in admissions at the University of Michigan in a 5-4 opinion in 2003, so long as it didn't rely on race as a sole deciding factor.

Maya Wiley, the president and CEO of the LCEF, told the Washington Examiner. “One thing is clear — the future of our multiracial democracy is at stake. The civil rights community is united because we know that we are stronger together, even in the face of the so-called Students for Fair Admissions’

Comment:
The Left doesn't actually believe in Civil Rights.
They demand racial discrimination in Education and in Employment.
They need to start accepting that everyone has the same Civil Rights.
Where is their "inclusion and equity" in Civil Rights?
They undermine the whole premise of their existence.
If Affirmative Action is no longer acceptable, then legacy admissions should not be acceptable either. No points for your parents graduating from that school.
Also, these wealthy people donate a couple million to a school, knowing that will pay their kid's way into said school. No more of that either.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If Affirmative Action is no longer acceptable, then legacy admissions should not be acceptable either. No points for your parents graduating from that school.
Also, these wealthy people donate a couple million to a school, knowing that will pay their kid's way into said school. No more of that either.
Preference by race is illegal under the constitution, preference by economic or social status isn't. Legacy admissions, like sports scholarships, are designed to raise money for the operation of the college. There is nothing illegal about that. If you want to end money having advantages, you need to change your name to Don Quixote and start attacking windmills with your noble steed Dulcinea and lance.

Preference by race is illegal under the constitution, preference by economic or social status isn't. Legacy admissions, like sports scholarships, are designed to raise money for the operation of the college. There is nothing illegal about that. If you want to end money having advantages, you need to change your name to Don Quixote and start attacking windmills with your noble steed Dulcinea and lance.
I've never seen anything in the Constitution concerning college admissions. Can you point out where it is in the Constitution?

These universities are majority white. So whites aren't being discriminated against in admissions. But white privilege allows whites to make frivolous claims and appeal them to the supreme court. And now thanks to at least 2 stolen seats by right wing Mitch McConnell another bogus case is in front of the supreme court. There is no case where a black student could whine about racism because they were denied admission to an HBCU while that school admitted whites. Nobody here would accept the argument of racial discrimination. Every one of ypu, especially Lisa would say that the school was majority black so that black kid could not be discriminated ahainst. But here we have 2 schools, both majority white where whites are whining about rsil discrimination against whites and one goes so far as to try using Asians when Asians have more admitted students than blacks, hispanics and Native Americans by at least 10 percentage points.

Meanwhile at Harvard, unqualified white students who would not be admitted if they weree minorities are admitted because of ALDC preferences.

White is a race, and whiteness has been the prime consideration for college admission for all of Amerian history. Not merit.

Yet he had more wealth than me, more opportunity than me, and probably didn't face a shred of actual racism unless we are talking about someone growing up in the 60's or 70's, i.e. the parents that are now a doctor and a lawyer and were able to overcome all that.

Why should I pay for the sins of the past in perpetuity?

All institutional racism in government and most private industry has been abolished. The only people keeping shreds of it alive are people like you.
Not necessarily. You have never been black so you need to stop pretending that because a black family might have a little more money than a white one that things which happen for whites with money do so for blacks similarly. That black kid might be stuck in a suburban majoriy white school system where they face racism from other students, teachers and administrators which will impact the quality of that kids education. You would not face that.

AA is not institutional racism. Whites are a race and whites get the majority of admissions beased on race because they are the majority racial group. It's time whites stopped pretending they aren't a race but everyone else is.

Not necessarily. You have never been black so you need to stop pretending that because a black family might have a little more money than a white one that things which happen for whites with money do so for blacks similarly. That black kid might be stuck in a suburban majoriy white school system where they face racism from other students, teachers and administrators which will impact the quality of that kids education. You would not face that.

AA is not institutional racism. Whites are a race and whites get the majority of admissions beased on race because they are the majority racial group. It's time whites stopped pretending they aren't a race but everyone else is.

If the parents are a doctor and a lawyer they had a lot more money than me growing up.

You assume automatically the kid would be discriminated against, due to your bigoted view of whites. I have a feeling I would be more out of place in that school system driving up in my 1971 skylark (in 1993) while the black kid comes in his 1988 Beemer.

Figures one of the real racists on this board (you) is obsessed with race.

The current case is about whether colleges can discriminate according to RACE by developing standards specifically designed to advantage one race and disadvantage another.

If someone loses a spot and feels he deserves it over a legacy, he can sue.

I don't think the schools will go for this at all. Donations from alumni are big money and telling the offspring of these donors to go to blazes isn't good business.

I've never seen anything in the Constitution concerning college admissions. Can you point out where it is in the Constitution?
14th Amendment, Section One: "...nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
"In Shelley v. Kraemer (1948), the Court showed increased willingness to find racial discrimination illegal. The Shelley case concerned a privately made contract that prohibited "people of the Negro or Mongolian race" from living on a particular piece of land."

Affirmative action is a clear violation of that clause making some races more equal than others. A very liberal SCOTUS carved out an exception for college admissions, but that is going to be overruled by the current strict constitutionalist court.

14th Amendment, Section One: "...nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
"In Shelley v. Kraemer (1948), the Court showed increased willingness to find racial discrimination illegal. The Shelley case concerned a privately made contract that prohibited "people of the Negro or Mongolian race" from living on a particular piece of land."

Affirmative action is a clear violation of that clause making some races more equal than others. A very liberal SCOTUS carved out an exception for college admissions, but that is going to be overruled by the current strict constitutionalist court.
LOL! That is complete, utter hogwash.
The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with college admissions.
Try again. And learn the meanings of the Civil War amendments (13th, 14th and 15th Amendments) while you're at it.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back