Values voters

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
What ever happened to Values Voters? Traditionalist Republicans who gleefully smeared Bill Clinton as a 'serial philanderer'. Voters who pay special close attention to the character of candidates. Voters who are, essentially, single issue voters.

Are they satisfied with the values and character of Donald Trump? Are they confident in his comportment, the way he cannot let the slightest insult pass by and not take a swing at it? Are they happy that Trump has been married and divorced and married and divorced and married yet again to a foreign national?

Twenty years ago, we were treated to every sort of argument the Bill Clinton was not suitable as President of the United States of America due to his sleezy character. But they are either struck mute or reliably supportive of a man whose character is the primary source of opposition to his electability. Why do you suppose that is? Where did all those fervent voices of Values Voters go?

I'm told this is no longer about conservative values, it's about being anti-establishment and not a RINO or a pinko commie like Ryan.

Traditional conservatives are the enemy.

I think.

I'm not sure.

What ever happened to Values Voters? Traditionalist Republicans who gleefully smeared Bill Clinton as a 'serial philanderer'. Voters who pay special close attention to the character of candidates. Voters who are, essentially, single issue voters.

Are they satisfied with the values and character of Donald Trump? Are they confident in his comportment, the way he cannot let the slightest insult pass by and not take a swing at it? Are they happy that Trump has been married and divorced and married and divorced and married yet again to a foreign national?

Twenty years ago, we were treated to every sort of argument the Bill Clinton was not suitable as President of the United States of America due to his sleezy character. But they are either struck mute or reliably supportive of a man whose character is the primary source of opposition to his electability. Why do you suppose that is? Where did all those fervent voices of Values Voters go?
It's a marketing ploy rather than a political stance. In 1980 they went for the guy who rarely went to church over the born-again Christian. Go figure!

I'm told this is no longer about conservative values, it's about being anti-establishment and not a RINO or a pinko commie like Ryan.

I think.

I'm not sure.
But wasn't it the traditional Conservatives who do the heavy work of political opposition? Armed with at least a veneer of ideology and values, the traditional Conservatives began the purge of made rate Republicans. They laid the ground work for a political revolution on the Right.

But those values that got the GOP to where it is are seemingly set aside, so easily dismissed to either excuse or support a candidate that hardly displays any of those reliable values.

It's a marketing ploy rather than a political stance. In 1980 they went for the guy who rarely went to church over the born-again Christian. Go figure!
Disposable values? How can a faction carry clout on values issues if they are so easily set aside?

I think.

I'm not sure.
But wasn't it the traditional Conservatives who do the heavy work of political opposition? Armed with at least a veneer of ideology and values, the traditional Conservatives began the purge of made rate Republicans. They laid the ground work for a political revolution on the Right.

But those values that got the GOP to where it is are seemingly set aside, so easily dismissed to either excuse or support a candidate that hardly displays any of those reliable values.
That's what has been so confusing to anyone who isn't a Trump supporter - why so much passion for a guy who isn't a conservative, especially after hearing about conservative values for, what, decades?

This whole thing seemed to turn on a dime, overnight.

Values Voters won't be voting for Donald Trump. They will be voting against Hillary Clinton, and tranny men in the women's bathroom.....and gay wedding cakes.

Values Voters won't be voting for Donald Trump. They will be voting against Hillary Clinton, and tranny men in the women's bathroom.....and gay wedding cakes.
But the focus of those voters has been personal against Bill Clinton and his peccadilloes. I suppose the standards they held Clinton to are disposable when a candidate has an (R) behind his name.

But the focus of those voters has been personal against Bill Clinton and his peccadilloes. I suppose the standards they held Clinton to are disposable when a candidate has an (R) behind his name.

This isn't 1996. We live in a world of the lesser of two evils.

Well they are more complex.than you and your little closed mind. Never hillary

Forum List

Back