🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Vast majority of Americans support DACA, oppose wall

Immigration hardliners: Yet again on the wrong side of public opinion and history.

73% say Donald's racist comments about Haiti and Africa were unacceptable
87% support DACA recipients staying in US
61% oppose Trump's wall
85% don't believe Mexico will pay for it

This poll was conducted by telephone January 13-16, 2018 among a random sample of 1,225 adults nationwide. Data collection was conducted on behalf of CBS News by SSRS of Glen Mills, PA. Phone numbers were dialed from samples of both standard land-line and cell phones.

More of interest
Most Americans support DACA, but oppose border wall - CBS News poll
These are good Americans that are contributing to society. How evil it is to try and get them deported to places they have never really even known.

Screenshot_20180119-140258.jpg
And now Trump won't make a deal, he's such a liar

I saw a poll on MSN and 54% supported ending DACA. Like 40% were for it.
Africa is a shithole. So is Haiti.
The wall is needless. We can fix immigration without it but nobody in washington wants to cut off the cash flow. Besides, artificially suppressing wages with illegals is awesome!
I would agree that the wall is needless so long as there is a consensus in government about immigration.

Eike proved that with Operation Wet Back. Illegals self deported once they realized that they were not welcomed. However, another Dim will gain control and offer free bees like Obama did prompting women and children to make the dangerous journey across the border, some of which will probably be caught and used as sex trafficking.

No, the wall is needed for Presidents like the next Obama.
You do make a good point!

1) The only place they sometimes take our jobs is in construction trades. Nobody else wants to break their backs picking shit or changing dirty sheets. So crack own on the idiots who employ them if they're not green carded.
2) Weed flows across the border an into states that haven't legalized it. Full legalization takes care of a large part of the problem. The opioid crises was largely caused by drug companies who unleashed a flood of crap cheaper than heroin.

1. The illegals are in employed in many fields in massive numbers. YOu desire to minimize their wide spread is noted as prood of your dishonesty and will be held against your credibility in the future.
1b. Trump is cracking down on employers too.
1c. Your lac of concern for Americans in construction trades is noted and held against you.
2. THe opioids are mostly coming over the Mexican Border. Your lack of concern for the harm caused by that is noted and held against you.

Edjumucate yourself - your ignorance in this subject matter will be held against you :)

Immigrants:
Do immigrants “steal” jobs from American workers?

Heroin yes - prescriptions drugs no (an a wall won't stop the H)
Trump says border wall will stop drug flow. Is that true?
Trump’s wall won’t stop heroin from coming into the US

1. You link won't load, and I'm sure it's bullshit. You got a point to claim make it. Immigrants take jobs and decrease wages.

2. Trump is cracking down on employers too.

3. Prescription drugs don't come over the border? Bullshit.

1. You link won't load, and I'm sure it's bullshit. You got a point to claim make it. Immigrants take jobs and decrease wages.

Your ignorance will be held against you

Prescription drugs come from all over the country, but those that are most abused by addicts are, in majority, manufactured in the United States. Those that are made elsewhere are still pretty easy to get your hands on when they’re imported legally for medicinal purposes. Prescription opioid pain relievers are the most widely abused prescribed medicine in existence. Americans consume around 80 percent — or over 110 tons — of all prescription opioid painkillers, per Business Insider. These drugs may very well be the source of the biggest drug epidemic America has faced in a long while.

The Drug Addiction Pipeline: Who Supplies Drugs to America?

Prescription drugs come from all over the country, but those that are most abused by addicts are, in majority, manufactured in the United States. Those that are made elsewhere are still pretty easy to get your hands on when they’re imported legally for medicinal purposes. Prescription opioid pain relievers are the most widely abused prescribed medicine in existence. Americans consume around 80 percent — or over 110 tons — of all prescription opioid painkillers, per Business Insider. These drugs may very well be the source of the biggest drug epidemic America has faced in a long while.

Your link talks about where they are manufactured. It does not say they do not come over the Mexican Border.

Schumer's Shutdown. For a bunch of wetbacks. And still no DACA deal.

Who's running that outfit?
Out come the bigoted fucks of Trumpland.
Oooh out come the scary words. They're supposed to end the conversation. You bigoted fucks support illegal immigrants over your own countrymen.

Now take your racist, sexist, asses back to the cry farm. You blundered into another massive loss, and for what. Wetbacks over Americans.

Wetbacks First!

It is perfectly reasonable for any legislator to want action to curtail more illegal immigration at the same time they accept the Dreamers as citizens. The Dems are being very one sided in their arguments so far. I think they should reopen the government with a date certain for a vote on DACA by Mitch McConnell and get to work.
Trump won the election and it's no surprise he wants a Wall. So be it. Choke it down, Dems. You lost.

A vast majority as in the 80's are in line for supporting illegals, but rest assured, that shit is getting old. At some point, not with a fuckin wall, but at some point, this country has got to put its foot down and say enough is enough. We educate these people, we give them healthcare, we allow them easy access to jobs and housing. We do everything necessary to encourage more illegals and at some point, the well is gonna go dry and people are gonna say, enough is enough. I don't give a shit if they work hard and pay taxes and obey the law. Most do so because they have no choice and don't want to be departed, so lets not pat these people on the back because they want to stay under the effin radar. Lets give these DACA people amnesty and finally allow immigration law to do their things. enough is enough

It is perfectly reasonable for any legislator to want action to curtail more illegal immigration at the same time they accept the Dreamers as citizens. The Dems are being very one sided in their arguments so far. I think they should reopen the government with a date certain for a vote on DACA by Mitch McConnell and get to work.
Trump won the election and it's no surprise he wants a Wall. So be it. Choke it down, Dems. You lost.
Okay, I agree....but he also won that damned election with the promise Mexico, not you or I will pay for it...and once again tax payers are stuck with a bill. I want an end to illegal immigration. I'm tired of having our political agenda constantly being set on one issue of people who are here illegally. We got legal fuckin citizens in PR still waiting to have a fuckin voice and yet our politicians are whining over people who shouldn't be here in the first place. Lets give this LAST GROUP, amnesty, and for once and for all, use our immigration laws and enforce them....and it starts with corporate america!!

Okay, I agree....but he also won that damned election with the promise Mexico, not you or I will pay for it...and once again tax payers are stuck with a bill. I want an end to illegal immigration. I'm tired of having our political agenda constantly being set on one issue of people who are here illegally. We got legal fuckin citizens in PR still waiting to have a fuckin voice and yet our politicians are whining over people who shouldn't be here in the first place. Lets give this LAST GROUP, amnesty, and for once and for all, use our immigration laws and enforce them....and it starts with corporate america!!
That you, the wannabe black American militant, aren't aware of the damage done to the black community by illegal immigration makes me doubt your sincerity. Their gangs have murdered countless black youth, they conquer your school systems, forcing teachers to speak Spanish, a language black Americans don't understand. Their stores, signs, streets, are all reminiscent of Mexico. They are exterminating your culture and every black person in America knows it.

Your link talks about where they are manufactured. It does not say they do not come over the Mexican Border.

It says that the majority of prescription drugs that are abused are made here in the USA. Now...............quick question for you.............are you saying that US companies are shipping drugs to Mexico where they are bought by the cartels and then shipped BACK to the US? Bad business model for the drug dealers.

No, what happens is that the doctors prescribe opiates for people's pain (usually something else would work better, but hey, the doc has to push the pills big pharma tells them to), and then, when their prescription runs out, they are addicted to the opiates. And, because they can't get any more pills because the doctor shuts them off, they turn to a similar drug (chemically almost the same) which is heroin.

And, hate to tell you, but a wall isn't going to stop heroin. Why? Ever see the movie American Made? It tells about how Escobar was shipping his drugs. He was flying them into Arkansas on CIA planes. A wall wouldn't stop an airplane.

If you REALLY want to solve the opiate crisis, it's simple..................legalize marijuana for recreational and medical purposes. In states like CO who did that, they saw a drop in opiate overdoses by 25 percent the first year, and it has continued to drop since.

It says that the majority of prescription drugs that are abused are made here in the USA. Now...............quick question for you.............are you saying that US companies are shipping drugs to Mexico where they are bought by the cartels and then shipped BACK to the US? Bad business model for the drug dealers.

No, what happens is that the doctors prescribe opiates for people's pain (usually something else would work better, but hey, the doc has to push the pills big pharma tells them to), and then, when their prescription runs out, they are addicted to the opiates. And, because they can't get any more pills because the doctor shuts them off, they turn to a similar drug (chemically almost the same) which is heroin.

And, hate to tell you, but a wall isn't going to stop heroin. Why? Ever see the movie American Made? It tells about how Escobar was shipping his drugs. He was flying them into Arkansas on CIA planes. A wall wouldn't stop an airplane.

Escobar is dead. The CIA pipeline to supply the contras is over.

BUILD THE WALL. SEAL THE BORDER.

That will hamper the flow of drugs.

NOt the whole solution, but a good part of the solution.

Escobar is dead. The CIA pipeline to supply the contras is over.

BUILD THE WALL. SEAL THE BORDER.

That will hamper the flow of drugs.

NOt the whole solution, but a good part of the solution.

Hamper the flow of drugs? Really? You think that cartels will simply give up and go home when they see the wall?

Wrong. They will adjust to seaports and aircraft.

Forum List

Back