Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

So the President is expected to have been an A grade student in math? I suck at maths, but I would never let anyone tell me that I couldn't hold down my dream job because of it.

Well, he was head of the Law Dept at Harvard, so I assume he had pretty decent grades.

That's all you'll get, an assumption. Since the chickenshit bastard won't release his college records.

:lmao:

fuck you, cracker

he won

Well, he was head of the Law Dept at Harvard, so I assume he had pretty decent grades.

That's all you'll get, an assumption. Since the chickenshit bastard won't release his college records.

fuck you, cracker

he won

Oh, yeah. He won alright. THAT is pretty much the point of this particular thread. Obama wins, Americans lose. And like I said, the only silver lining in that is that you stupid fucks are gonna get a taste of the shit sandwich you doled out.

This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas

That is bullshit. He did NOT have to fire anyone. He is simply using Obama as an excuse to get rid of some employees he doesn't want. Simple as that. My bet is that once the dust has settled, he will hire new employees, and pay them less.

He doesn't have to use Obama for that. His is a right to work state and he doesn't need a reason to fire anyone. He knows his costs are rising due to ObamaTax and a contracting economy and is being preemptive in dealing with them. Obama has proven that he is a fiscal idiot. He even said that he had trouble with his child's 7th grade math. Business people don't trust him.

Hmm, Reagan didn't know chit & you claim his economy was silk.

fuck you, cracker

he won

Oh, yeah. He won alright. THAT is pretty much the point of this particular thread. Obama wins, Americans lose. And like I said, the only silver lining in that is that you stupid fucks are gonna get a taste of the shit sandwich you doled out.

Oh, we have been waiting for 4 years now, and the economy continues to improve despite the Party of No. LMAO!!

That is bullshit. He did NOT have to fire anyone. He is simply using Obama as an excuse to get rid of some employees he doesn't want. Simple as that. My bet is that once the dust has settled, he will hire new employees, and pay them less.

He doesn't have to use Obama for that. His is a right to work state and he doesn't need a reason to fire anyone. He knows his costs are rising due to ObamaTax and a contracting economy and is being preemptive in dealing with them. Obama has proven that he is a fiscal idiot. He even said that he had trouble with his child's 7th grade math. Business people don't trust him.

Hmm, Reagan didn't know chit & you claim his economy was silk.

Hmmm.. You never saw me claim ANYTHING about the Reagan economy. Don't project please.

fuck you, cracker

he won

Oh, we have been waiting for 4 years now, and the economy continues to improve despite the Party of No. LMAO!!

Tell it to all those poor shmucks who just got their pink slips, dipstick.

Not to mention that firing someone on the basis of political affiliation is illegal.

Hopefully they'll sue their ass for wrongful termination, or they'll go to jail.

Especially if the large majority of the people fired are black, as I suspect they will be, given the " especially those who look like they might have voted for Obama" line.

And then Sniper's business will be run into the ground, and it will be all his own fault.

Good work Sniper.

Elections have consequences. There is simply no good reason to ever hire an entitlement-minded Liberal when so many great workers are available. And besides, they might think twice about voting for the likes of Obama next time.

Tissue?

images

Actions have consequences, too, and the actions of the business sector over the past 4 years had consequences: this years election results!

Those who held a gun to the economy and threatened to shoot if they didn't get their way did hurt families trying to feed their children; college graduates facing starker prospects after taking on the debt to increase their academic capital; and all the people living in the cities, towns, counties and states that had to lay off workers, cut back work on roads, and downsize the agencies that provide needed services.

But see, here's the thing: people resent protection rackets and bag-men, and enough of the public were held up during your great hold up to take notice of the clear intent behind it, to look around at others that they might not have met or had anything in common with in a new light, and back over at the GOP with a more realistic, if darker, perspective. So in response, and as a consequence, the country, by and large (BY A LANDSLIDE, I BELIEVE), issued a huge :fu: to the ransom demands of the economic terrorists that made up the GOP and its corporate sponsors.

So :thanks: SO much for showing your asses, and stay classy!

I suggest then you democrats get off your asses and get some start up businesses going so you can hire each other. We'll ride your gravy train for awhile.

First example of bad policy - getting the government involved in my choices about my healthcare which allows EVERYONE to be involved in what I do or don't do with my body.

You mean... as if you were a WOMAN???

-- Paravani

Could someone post a list of these businesses and their addresses so I'll know who to boycott?

If you can't afford to provide healthcare for your employees then you're business is failing. It's the exact same thing as saying you can't afford to pay wages.

Funny perception, many businesses are in very competitive markets. many small mom and pops are being driven out because they cant afford to lower prices below the big chain stores.

So he raises his prices and if consumers decide it costs to much, they don't buy and he loses money, then goes out of business.

So a small business needs to cut some where, wages can be cut, so can hours, the rest of the costs a pretty well fixed, like the cost of goods, the electric, the water, and so on.

So basically you're saying you agree with me. If the only way you can compete is by denying your employees the healthcare that we ALL need, and expect the rest of us to subsidize your business by paying for your employees doctor bills in our healthcare costs, then your running a failing business. despite how the right wing media tries to paint Obamacare as a handout, it's far more about making people and their employers take responsibility for their own costs.

Where in the Constitution does it say an employer MUST pay for an employees insurance? Many companies offer insurance and very few will pay the full cost of insurance and no company, not even the government insurance programs will pay the total cost of your entire family, so it looks like every business and government is failing. When I become eligible for insurance by my company, I will opt out and by a major medical for a lot less and then in 2014 pay the $750 tax and let Obamacare take care of me, I'll save a lot of money that way and save my employer money also.

Could someone post a list of these businesses and their addresses so I'll know who to boycott?

So far we have most of the right on this thread...:lol:
but they aren't naming their businesses, oddly enough, for the pride they seem to take in their douchebaggery

here's a start, although he's not giving his full name or his business:

Obamacare Layoffs: Georgia Businessman Claims He Fired Workers Because Obama Won

Romney Started with his own election staff, later on the same night:

Romney Staff Credit Cards - Willard Romney, Cutting of The Help for Good - Esquire

14307_487939927903142_1162518776_n.jpg

Stay classy, captain underpants!

home depot is on board:

Home Depot Founder: Retailers Who Don't Support GOP "Should Be Shot"

Not a list, but telling about the stank factor in these sour grapes:

Layoffs And Firings May Signal Republican Revenge Over Obama Reelection (AUDIO) | Addicting Info

405002_218044801661614_1055722680_n.jpg

Republicans are trying their fucking hardest to get jobs numbers to go worse again.

Every lost job counts to make Obama look worse.

I stopped reading after this

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT

So basically you people want us to comment on the actions of a person who may or may not be lying?

How stupid are you people, anyway?

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Assuming it isn't a pile of right wing bull, the employees have just raised plenty of cash from the law suit.

Assuming it isn't a pile of right wing bull, the employees have just raised plenty of cash from the law suit.

What can they sue for? Firing people is not illegal. Yet.

[

What can they sue for? Firing people is not illegal. Yet.

We'll fix that, eventually.

Actually, if this guy is on the level, he may have violated some labor law or the other.

He certainly sounds like a guy to make an example of. Doesn't sound like he has the resources to really fight back against a determined effort.

Forum List

Back