Venus Williams: Life as a Female-Athlete

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a sports-culture diorama inspired by Hoop Dreams.

carrie5.jpg

====

"What do you seek from each of us Venus?"

VENUS: From Carrie, I want high-school prestige; from Kitana, I want a blade-fan; from Wonder Woman, I want that magical shield; from Medusa, I want those bows for your hair.

carrie1.jpg carrie2.jpg
carrie3.jpg carrie4.jpg

"You've chosen very wisely, Venus Williams. From Carrie, you get female ethnic-minority athlete-celebrity essays in high school classroom assignments. From Kitana, you get an authentic Chinese fan with gold-embossed writings of your victory at Wimbledon and Serena's (your sister) victory at Wimbledon. From Wonder Woman, you get the promise of freedom from steroids-scandals. From Medusa, you get eco-activism badges to wear to your next celebrity-PR event, for good measure and humility."

VENUS: I've concluded that life as a female athlete/celebrity in American society shows a woman (arguably especially an ethnic-minority woman) learning about 'real intrigue' and the seduction of pure fame. It's like I'm the best witness to my life --- maybe that's what the camera "steals" on this 'ethnicity/gender liberalism crusade.' I hope to retire as a woman of happiness and elegance, free from the vanities of capitalism.

====

27357527-hand-drawn-cartoon-sketch-illustration-of-Indian-Stock-Vector-indian-saree.jpg

Who the fuck ever claimed those temper-tantrum, steroid-pig Williams sisters athletes were female?

Who the fuck ever claimed those temper-tantrum, steroid-pig Williams sisters athletes were female?
Wow, a racist shouting false allegations. No surprise here. White Republicans don't like women who look like this. Course, with a party that's almost completely all white, is it really a surprise?

Serena-Williams-Alexis-Ohanian-Wedding.jpg

973e1b024de9c9497e9a4a7e7bad629e.jpg

venus-williams-2005-017027660.jpg

Venus-Williams-interview.jpg

Just can't be bothered to care. It's a pretentious sport so pretentious personalities are no surprise
Pretentious? It's one of the most difficult sports you can play.
And it's a one on one sport where you can best your opponent without assaulting them.

Just can't be bothered to care. It's a pretentious sport so pretentious personalities are no surprise
And it's a one on one sport where you can best your opponent without assaulting them.

Yes, pretentious:
Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed

Yes, pretentious:
Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed
Clearly you have never played tennis.

Hint, it's way harder than tiddly winks.

Yes, pretentious:
Clearly you have never played tennis.

Hint, it's way harder than tiddly winks.
I played, and it has nothing to do with the sport being difficult and everything to do with the attitudes of many involved with the sport.

Forum List

Back