Vermont Going To Single Payer By 2017. Kicking Health Insurance Companies Out

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Why anyone thinks this is an advance is beyond me.
Hmmmmmmmm................. They live longer, have a far lower infant mortality rate, and only pay half as much for their medical system.

They live longer because they have less violent crime and lower percentages of automobile deaths. Their infant mortality rate is lower because they don't use the same metrics as we do and their medical system costs less because they ration care and have longer wait times. You have a much better chance of surviving a potentially terminal illness in the U.S. than you do anywhere else.

Bear in mind, I'm not saying there aren't flaws in our system and there aren't plenty of things we can fix, but if you think you can implements a one size fits all system for 305 million people you're in La La Land. We're never going to have a European system here because it's damn near impossible to implement for a nation this diverse and this large.

Well resurrecting this thread for an update.
Vermont realized it would be too expensive and inefficient to do what they wanted and scrapped the whole thing.
Good. We know single payer doesnt work. Anyone still want to propose it?
Vermont s Single Payer Washout - WSJ

It works for most of Europe, but then they don't have as many right wing whackos voting against their own interests as USA does.
It works for europe because we take care of their military needs and they still can't balance their budgets because of their healthcare costs. You just haven't convinced Americans to be so shit ass stupid yet. You have some work to do.
It doesnt work for Europe. I dont know why libs keep bleating this lie. The European systems are bloated with exploding costs for an aging population. They are all trying desperately to cut those costs by limiting treatments, etc.
Single payer is the most failed idea since the Obama stimulus.

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Hmmmmmmmm................. They live longer, have a far lower infant mortality rate, and only pay half as much for their medical system.

They live longer because they have less violent crime and lower percentages of automobile deaths. Their infant mortality rate is lower because they don't use the same metrics as we do and their medical system costs less because they ration care and have longer wait times. You have a much better chance of surviving a potentially terminal illness in the U.S. than you do anywhere else.

Bear in mind, I'm not saying there aren't flaws in our system and there aren't plenty of things we can fix, but if you think you can implements a one size fits all system for 305 million people you're in La La Land. We're never going to have a European system here because it's damn near impossible to implement for a nation this diverse and this large.

That's really the bottom line. Why idiot liberals can't see this I dont know. Of course I just answered my own question.

Kinda weird hearing fuck head Republicans complaining how this won't work and that won't work. All the while the mother fucking Republicans have never, ever put forth a plan about ANYTHING that does work.

Why do you assholes spend all your time criticizing and no time at all trying to find solutions?
Oh I know, being a bitch complainer doesn't require much effort. And the one thing Republicans really lack is ideas and efforts to solve problems.

But you all do make good bitches.

Meanwhile, we stumble along with SIX (6) different health care delivery/payment systems that DO NOT directly communicate with each other:

1. The ACA
2. Group health insurance
3. Medicare
4. Medicaid
5. VA
6. Indigent/private pay

Amazing. We don't appear to be the tiniest bit embarrassed about that.

One (1) public/private health care system that covered everyone to create and maintain a healthier populace, dramatically lowered costs for American business and allowed for a massive increase of business for health insurance companies to maintain competition and innovation would not be difficult at all. All of the requisite parts and systems are already in place.

But no, that would make too much fucking sense for the partisan ideologues.

Last edited:

That is horse pucky.....the military doesn't have any problem obtaining doctors and they pay way less what a doctor makes in civilian life. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps doctors in civilian life are taking advantage of you? Of course not....but as a conservative, you love the military, don't you?

That's really the bottom line. Why idiot liberals can't see this I dont know. Of course I just answered my own question.

Idiot conservatives support a system that allows insurance companies to give people the shaft. Why don't idiot conservatives see this?

Well resurrecting this thread for an update.
Vermont realized it would be too expensive and inefficient to do what they wanted and scrapped the whole thing.
Good. We know single payer doesnt work. Anyone still want to propose it?
Vermont s Single Payer Washout - WSJ

It works for most of Europe, but then they don't have as many right wing whackos voting against their own interests as USA does.
It works for europe because we take care of their military needs and they still can't balance their budgets because of their healthcare costs. You just haven't convinced Americans to be so shit ass stupid yet. You have some work to do.
It doesnt work for Europe. I dont know why libs keep bleating this lie. The European systems are bloated with exploding costs for an aging population. They are all trying desperately to cut those costs by limiting treatments, etc.
Single payer is the most failed idea since the Obama stimulus.

Quit repeating what you hear on Faux News....you don't know what you are talking about.

Wiki:
The French health care system is one of universal health care largely financed by government national health insurance. In its 2000 assessment of world health care systems, the World Health Organization found that France provided the "close to best overall health care" in the world.[1] In 2011, France spent 11.6% of GDP on health care, or US$4,086 per capita,[2] a figure much higher than the average spent by countries in Europe but less than in the US. Approximately 77% of health expenditures are covered by government funded agencies.[3]

That brings us to another way that America is a big outlier on health care. The grey countries on this map tend to spend significantly less per capita on health care than do the green countries -- except for the U.S., where the government spends way more on health care per person than do most countries with free, universal health care.
Here s a Map of the Countries That Provide Universal Health Care America s Still Not on It - The Atlantic

Thanks, conservatives.

how long you live is more of a lifestyle thing than health care.....if you have ins and either dont use it or dont listen to the doctor....what good is it?....and many Americans do not take good care of themselves.....many people are overweight and eat poorly....i know men over 40 who have great ins....but will not get a Colonoscopy because,as one of them told me..."no one is sticking anything up my ass".....ins and health care is doing him a lot of good...

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

I would have thought that the cons here would be supportive if this state initiative. Go figure.

They can do whatever they like.

They already scrapped the first go around....

Too expensive.

Yeah...I know. You've been trying to make this a bigger story than it is. The effort to do this won't be easy. But....I expect it will get done.

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

I would have thought that the cons here would be supportive if this state initiative. Go figure.

Too expensive.

Yeah...I know. You've been trying to make this a bigger story than it is. The effort to do this won't be easy. But....I expect it will get done.
No it wont.
You dont understand this.
SIngle payer failed. If it failed in VT it's going to fail even bigger nationally. It is simply unsustainable at any reasonable cost.
The Left simply wont deal with the facts here.

Didnt Hawaii try this already? I support this experiment. Just one of fifty among the States. It will fail and only lead to New Hampshire getting more doctors who flee Vermont for better pay.

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

Too expensive.

No it wont.
You dont understand this.
SIngle payer failed. If it failed in VT it's going to fail even bigger nationally. It is simply unsustainable at any reasonable cost.
The Left simply wont deal with the facts here.

What? You are making a claim based on nothing but empty rhetoric? You? No way!

Look north, dummy. The way single payer was brought to Canada serves as a model. It is in our future. Might be too late for you and me....but its coming.

The fuck is wrong with you right wing nutters. If any state tries to provide for its citizens in a manner that you right wing whackos don't like, all you can do is root for failure. You people are fucked up.
We don't want that shit spreading to our State. It's your mind that is fucked up.

Results count. The Canadians and Europeans live longer than we do, have better overall health, and a far lower infant mortality. Yet we pay much more for our inadaquete healthcare than they do.
Stats with links please.

Forum List

Back