Vermont Going To Single Payer By 2017. Kicking Health Insurance Companies Out

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Why anyone thinks this is an advance is beyond me.

That is horse pucky.....the military doesn't have any problem obtaining doctors and they pay way less what a doctor makes in civilian life. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps doctors in civilian life are taking advantage of you? Of course not....but as a conservative, you love the military, don't you?
I worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years and saw some bad shit. Has it ever occurred to you that the better doctors and employees go in the private sector for more pay?

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.

That is horse pucky.....the military doesn't have any problem obtaining doctors and they pay way less what a doctor makes in civilian life. Did it ever occur to you that perhaps doctors in civilian life are taking advantage of you? Of course not....but as a conservative, you love the military, don't you?
I worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years and saw some bad shit. Has it ever occurred to you that the better doctors and employees go in the private sector for more pay?
Easily fixed.

Is it only a matter of time before the nation follows suit?

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers Dead

Under a single-payer system, there is no role for health insurance companies such as Aetna and Cigna as the government pays all the medical bills. Many hope that the United States will implement a single-payer system.

In Canada, the pay for medical doctors is about 50% lower. In Norway, it is nearly two-thirds lower.

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers To Be History - TheStreet

You think doctors are going to line up to go to Vermont to make 50% less?

Fucking moron

In its original form, ACA provided for a government operated insurance company whose policies were to be sold on the exchanges. Congress mandated that the corporation must run on premiums only with no taxpayer subsidy of any kind. It was also required to operate under exactly the same mandates and regulations as every other company selling policies under ACA. The idea behind the plan was to ensure market competition in the many areas where only one or two companies were writing policies. A number of conservative politicians crowed about how the efficiency of private sector competition would allow for-profit companies to easily defeat the bloated, incompetent and wasteful federal bureaucracy in its attempt to sell insurance in the private market.

So, what happened? The lobbyists for the insurance industry who were writing large parts of ACA for the GOP took one look at the idea and shouted "Whoa!" They knew that a government program playing under the same rules but without the million dollar salaries and shareholder profits would easily out-compete the for-profit companies.

The Vermont program had its genesis at that moment. Eventually, as the costs of private insurance under ACA rise high enough, the nation will again turn to the government option as the way to transition to single payer. This will come on the national agenda in ten years or so.
" The lobbyists for the insurance industry who were writing large parts of ACA for the GOP" I had to stop right there. The ACA was a Democrat plan from start to finish.

The fuck is wrong with you right wing nutters. If any state tries to provide for its citizens in a manner that you right wing whackos don't like, all you can do is root for failure. You people are fucked up.

The fuck is wrong with you Leftists who at the core and your leaders' premise, depended on the stupidity of the American voter and the confusion of the Congressional Budget Office, to put forth a version of seemingly taking care of citizens. There are many angles to accomplish this and all of America is behind the premise; just not the implementation.

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

I would have thought that the cons here would be supportive if this state initiative. Go figure.

They can do whatever they like.

They already scrapped the first go around....

Too expensive.

Yeah...I know. You've been trying to make this a bigger story than it is. The effort to do this won't be easy. But....I expect it will get done.
No it wont.
You dont understand this.
SIngle payer failed. If it failed in VT it's going to fail even bigger nationally. It is simply unsustainable at any reasonable cost.
The Left simply wont deal with the facts here.

What? You are making a claim based on nothing but empty rhetoric? You? No way!

Look north, dummy. The way single payer was brought to Canada serves as a model. It is in our future. Might be too late for you and me....but its coming.
Based on nothing? Didnt you read my link? VT tried to implement single payer. It failed. The reasons it failed will go double for the rest of America.
As for Canada, it's a failure there as well. For all the same reasons.
Single payer is one of the most failed government policies in recent memory. What about that did you miss?

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

I would have thought that the cons here would be supportive if this state initiative. Go figure.

They can do whatever they like.

They already scrapped the first go around....

Too expensive.

Yeah...I know. You've been trying to make this a bigger story than it is. The effort to do this won't be easy. But....I expect it will get done.

Sure.

They scrapped it because it was to expensive: FACT.

You expect it will get done: Wet Dream.

Sure, whatever you say.....Death panels, FEMA prisons, black helicopters, and all that other stuff you're scared of is coming. I'll bet your constant fear of imagined things plays havoc on your blood pressure.

Nope. Vermont pulled the plug on this. Read it in Modern Healthcare. Too expensive.

Single payer is one of the most failed government policies in recent memory. What about that did you miss?
Yeah, except it works all over the world...

You might have a case if not for the World's Elite 1% coming to US for top quality healthcare over the single payer systems in their own country.

Nobody ever said our healthcare system wasn't the absolute best for the rich who could afford it. Those services just have not been available to those who aren't rich. For the less than rich, all those wonderful services effectively didn't exist. That's why the new system is called AFFORDABE healthcare.

There is bad shit in the private sector, too......and private sector doctors are not better.....there are plenty that don't know what the hell they are doing. I've have experienced really great doctors in the military, so Rabbi's post was just drivel.

Every person should have access to good care no matter what their economic standing. So if the ACA doesn't work, then present something better. Just endure that a poor person has the same exact access to the best doctors as a billionaire does. That should be a guarantee.

First, Europe has private health insurance... It used to top up the basic (but quite good) heath service you receive.

Rabbi, is talking out of arse here. The main European countries have better health systems which cost less by every major body who has studied this.

He is so ideologically led, he will kill Americans for his beliefs. He wrap himself in the flag and raise a cross and let Americans die. Remember that, he will tell you lies after lies... He is a ideologue not evidence based. Ideologues get people killed.

Forum List

Back