Vermont Going To Single Payer By 2017. Kicking Health Insurance Companies Out

Every person should have access to good care no matter what their economic standing. So if the ACA doesn't work, then present something better. Just endure that a poor person has the same exact access to the best doctors as a billionaire does. That should be a guarantee.
That isn't going to happen. In a free country it isn't going to happen either.

Every person should have access to good care no matter what their economic standing. So if the ACA doesn't work, then present something better. Just endure that a poor person has the same exact access to the best doctors as a billionaire does. That should be a guarantee.

Why ?

Why ?

Because economics is a man made entity. We invented money, some people are saying because you have more of this man made entity you deserve to life more than someone else.

The Christian Right are believing in a false god no more better than the golden calf.

Why is it right that a single stockbroker deserves life more than a guy hold two jobs supporting his family of three kids.

I am sorry but while our capitalist model has advantages don't confuse it as being perfect in a god like way.

So while you complain society can be fair and equitable, some believe that society that look after each other are more advanced than ones that don't. Look at human rights, pollution....

Universal Healthcare is a hallmark of higher functioning society.

Why ?

Because economics is a man made entity. We invented money, some people are saying because you have more of this man made entity you deserve to life more than someone else.

The Christian Right are believing in a false god no more better than the golden calf.

Why is it right that a single stockbroker deserves life more than a guy hold two jobs supporting his family of three kids.

I am sorry but while our capitalist model has advantages don't confuse it as being perfect in a god like way.

So while you complain society can be fair and equitable, some believe that society that look after each other are more advanced than ones that don't. Look at human rights, pollution....

Hhhhmmmm.....

So which is the tail and which is the dog ?

And let's address this question. If you were to look at two systems, one with equal access and one with unequal access....stay with me.....and the worst care in the unequal system was still better than the best care in the equal system.....

Which would be better ?

Just answer the question. Don't deflect.

Why ?

Well, a belief isn't really something I hang my hat on. You can fight for what you believe. But you can't expect us to take what you believe on as our beliefs.

Is it only a matter of time before the nation follows suit?

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers Dead

Under a single-payer system, there is no role for health insurance companies such as Aetna and Cigna as the government pays all the medical bills. Many hope that the United States will implement a single-payer system.

In Canada, the pay for medical doctors is about 50% lower. In Norway, it is nearly two-thirds lower.

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers To Be History - TheStreet

If I lived in Vermont I would want to die also.

Why ?

Hhhhmmmm.....

And let's address this question. If you were to look at two systems, one with equal access and one with unequal access....stay with me.....and the worst care in the unequal system was still better than the best care in the equal system.....

Which would be better ?

Show me the unequal system is better...

It is inefficient when compared to universal care, the US system costs almost twice the European universal model. Look at the WHO, Commonwealth Fund,...

The systems in US which have lowest admin costs are Medicare.

So your foundation premise is made of dust.

You also choose to ignore the actual European Model which allows people to pay for extra.

Why ?

Well, a belief isn't really something I hang my hat on. You can fight for what you believe. But you can't expect us to take what you believe on as our beliefs.

You have a right to your beliefs but to be consistent you have say human rights advances and pollution controls are regression of society...

Under a single-payer system, there is no role for health insurance companies such as Aetna and Cigna as the government pays all the medical bills. Many hope that the United States will implement a single-payer system.

In Canada, the pay for medical doctors is about 50% lower. In Norway, it is nearly two-thirds lower.

That is a really nice thing to say.

Vermont has the 3rd highest quality of Life in the US.

The 10 states with the best quality of life - Yahoo Finance

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Why anyone thinks this is an advance is beyond me.

Insurance companies take money OUT of healthcare that would otherwise go to doctors, hospitals, and treatment.
I thought they take money from the insured to pay doctors and hospitals for treatment.

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.

Except more people die in the US from not receiving treatment than in Western Europe.

Another foundation premise turns to dust...

Insurance companies take money OUT of healthcare that would otherwise go to doctors, hospitals, and treatment.
I thought they take money from the insured to pay doctors and hospitals for treatment.

Insurance companies are far less efficient than a universal health care models. There administration overhead is way higher.

Why ?

You have a right to your beliefs but to be consistent you have say human rights advances and pollution controls are regression of society...

I have no problem saying either.

But if I did, I would be as incorrect as you.

I would be assuming there is some set of metrics that can be added up to see what the net benefit is to liberty and society.

Such metrics are almost always lacking in these conversations.

As to "Human Rights", I don't know you are referencing. That is a broad term. They've always existed. They've not always been identified and supported.

Pollution Controls ? Do you know that is one of the reason we lost our steel industry in the mid 70's. That was good ?

That is a really nice thing to say.

Vermont has the 3rd highest quality of Life in the US.

The 10 states with the best quality of life - Yahoo Finance

Here we go with these claims again.

Quality of life based on what ?

I never got a vote in the metrics.

I also lived in a city where they prided themselves on such a claim (highest in the state and country) and I know (because I kept an eye on my city council) that they had hired a marketing firm to help them make this pitch.

Why ?

Hhhhmmmm.....

Which would be better ?

Show me the unequal system is better...

It is inefficient when compared to universal care, the US system costs almost twice the European universal model. Look at the WHO, Commonwealth Fund,...

The systems in US which have lowest admin costs are Medicare.

So your foundation premise is made of dust.

You also choose to ignore the actual European Model which allows people to pay for extra.

I asked you a hypthetical....yes or no.

I am not saying anything about the U.S. or Europe.

I simply asked you a hypothetical.

This response was not unanticipated (at some level of probability). Which goes to demonstrate you can't let go or your emotional attachment long enough to consider a question that does not feed your pre-concieved notion of the world.

Except more people die in the US from not receiving treatment than in Western Europe.

Another foundation premise turns to dust...

That has never been established beyond that bullshit Harvard paper study.

Whenever that roll of toilet paper (which other Harvard Professors called a "stretch") is brought up, I always ask for the names.

This was identified over a decade ago...that would translate to 1/2 million corpses. Where are the names ?

Answer: You don't have any. With work, you might produce a few...but you should easily have hundreds of thousands.

I grow tired of arguing against the Shangri-la bullshit of the left.

Read on....

Vermont has the 3rd highest quality of life.

People are just beating down the doors to get in.

They have a whopping 3 electoral votes.

Insurance companies are far less efficient than a universal health care models. There administration overhead is way higher.
Any of them 18 trillion in debt?

They should also learn to be non drug taking, non obese, non promiscuous, working, educated humans. No jussis, no peafs...yo.

Forum List

Back