Veterans: Have you used the VA for health care and how was it??

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
I started using the VA for my health care a few months ago in order to avoid the Obamacare ACA fiasco.

I keep hearing all kinds of derogatory things on the news about the VA.

But in my case, the service has been excellent and everyone totally professional.

Veterans, what has been your personal experience with the VA ?? .. :cool:

My experience with it is limited, I have had private surgery and military surgery......
The military scar is frankensteinesque while there is no private scar

It was determined I had 2 service related disabilities in December. Still waiting for them to schedule my first appointment. Been 5 months. Went to Fayetteville to have my ID card made. Medical personnel were extremely helpful with getting me to where I needed to go. Admin personnel I could have strangled with a smile on my face.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I started using the VA for my health care a few months ago in order to avoid the Obamacare ACA fiasco.

I keep hearing all kinds of derogatory things on the news about the VA.

But in my case, the service has been excellent and everyone totally professional.

Veterans, what has been your personal experience with the VA ?? .. :cool:

I have a friend who lives in south dakota he had both his knee replaced and he said he has had great service with his VA... my dad was a lifer and when he retired he didn't have any problems with the VA he had aneurysm repaired in his heart he got great service ... and this was the Denver VA

Last edited:
It was determined I had 2 service related disabilities in December. Still waiting for them to schedule my first appointment. Been 5 months. Went to Fayetteville to have my ID card made. Medical personnel were extremely helpful with getting me to where I needed to go. Admin personnel I could have strangled with a smile on my face.

hey its military that's just the way they are ... 20 years of my life I went to Fitzsimons army hospital ... I was born their ... they were always jerks... its their nature...

Took 25 years of chronic pain and two major surgeries to finally be prescribed oxycodone.

Have had to wait 6+ months on occasion for some appointments.

Have to drive 60+ miles one way to the hospital.

I'd rate VA health care sub par compared to private health care.

Took 25 years of chronic pain and two major surgeries to finally be prescribed oxycodone.

If you are in the boondocks and sixty miles away, I understand your point of view.

We're not talking about the British veteran's care system, dumbass.

Been in the system for almost 25 years. A bit trepidations of both Houston and Shreveport, but got through them all right. The Lufkin outpatient is good and the Tyler clinic is real good. The Salt Lake VA is amazing: everyday in every way things are good and the customer care is quality.

I've been in the system since 1994, twenty years. Best health care ever.

I've been using the Baltimore VA for health care for over nine years.
They have done a good job taking care of my non service connected issues typical for someone my age (66), which has included high blood pressure, arthritis, and loss of hearing in one ear.

Last edited:
Stayed in the mental health facility a few times due to inability to pay for private care. It was ok. Don't generally use the VA as they are 90 miles away. There is a clinic here now but long waits as this is a military town and a lot of retirees are here.

I've been using the Baltimore VA for health care for over nine years.
They have done a good job taking care of my non service connected issues typical for someone my age (66), which has included high blood pressure, arthritis, and loss of hearing in one ear.

What?

Forum List

Back