VFW just sounds out on Trumps comments to the Khans

Trump did not attack the muslim soldier or his family. An honest person can clearly see that by listening to his response. Democrats think if they tell us something that isn't true, people will automatically believe them. They insult the intelligence of the American people.
Well, this thread and the links in it, including the link in the OP, indicate that the furor over Trump's comments, with many calling his comments an attack, towards the parents of a war hero, are not relegated to Democrats. Disgust and outrage have been voiced by Republicans too. And now, the leader of the nation's largest war veterans group, representing 1.7 million war veterans has joined the furor and publicly denounced Trump. Trying to pin this furor on Democrats is simple misinformation and propaganda. The nation's largest war veterans organization, The Veterans of Foreign Wars abbreviated as the VFW, is not connected to the Democratic Party.
Let's see the source for your information.
The VFW National Commander's exact written comment are in the OP link, post #1 and another link is provided in post #20.
The comment was made by Brian Duffy, not 1.7 million members. I wasn't able to find much information about Duffy but I would be interested in knowing what his political affiliation is and which (if any) political party he donates to. I find it hard to believe a man in his position would fail to see that Khan was being used for political purposes. He very well could be using his position to help the Clinton campaign. Time will tell.
First, his position of Commander of the VFW is an elected position. Second, you seem to be seeking acceptable situations and excuses when a Gold Star Mom and Dad can be attacked. The jury is in and the determination is that the answer to that question is never, or at least not acceptable in this case.

Mr Khan and his son sacrificed nothing either. His son volunteered to join the Army. He served and was honorable, but he sacrificed nothing. Did he jump on a grenade to save a teammate? No. He was blown up by an IED doing his job. He's a good man, served his country and is one hell of an honorable man, but he sacrificed nothing.

WTF did Mr Khan sacrifice? Nothing. He's got no room to talk.

Trump did not attack the muslim soldier or his family. An honest person can clearly see that by listening to his response. Democrats think if they tell us something that isn't true, people will automatically believe them. They insult the intelligence of the American people.
Well, this thread and the links in it, including the link in the OP, indicate that the furor over Trump's comments, with many calling his comments an attack, towards the parents of a war hero, are not relegated to Democrats. Disgust and outrage have been voiced by Republicans too. And now, the leader of the nation's largest war veterans group, representing 1.7 million war veterans has joined the furor and publicly denounced Trump. Trying to pin this furor on Democrats is simple misinformation and propaganda. The nation's largest war veterans organization, The Veterans of Foreign Wars abbreviated as the VFW, is not connected to the Democratic Party.
Let's see the source for your information.
The VFW National Commander's exact written comment are in the OP link, post #1 and another link is provided in post #20.
The comment was made by Brian Duffy, not 1.7 million members. I wasn't able to find much information about Duffy but I would be interested in knowing what his political affiliation is and which (if any) political party he donates to. I find it hard to believe a man in his position would fail to see that Khan was being used for political purposes. He very well could be using his position to help the Clinton campaign. Time will tell.
It was made on behalf of the VFW. End of story.

Mr Khan and his son sacrificed nothing either. His son volunteered to join the Army. He served and was honorable, but he sacrificed nothing. Did he jump on a grenade to save a teammate? No. He was blown up by an IED doing his job. He's a good man, served his country and is one hell of an honorable man, but he sacrificed nothing. WTF did Mr Khan sacrifice? Nothing. He's got no room to talk.
Yes, the Captain Khan did sacrifice to serve his country, and your comment is disingenuous at worst and wrong at best.

Mr Khan and his son sacrificed nothing either. His son volunteered to join the Army. He served and was honorable, but he sacrificed nothing. Did he jump on a grenade to save a teammate? No. He was blown up by an IED doing his job. He's a good man, served his country and is one hell of an honorable man, but he sacrificed nothing. WTF did Mr Khan sacrifice? Nothing. He's got no room to talk.
Yes, the Captain Khan did sacrifice to serve his country, and your comment is disingenuous at worst and wrong at best.
I stand corrected...I read the entire story.

His sons sacrifice is his own and Mr Khan cannot stand in judgement and say Trump did not sacrifice anything. What did Mr Khan sacrifice? He can't claim his son because that is his sons own sacrifice.

Mr Khan and his son sacrificed nothing either. His son volunteered to join the Army. He served and was honorable, but he sacrificed nothing. Did he jump on a grenade to save a teammate? No. He was blown up by an IED doing his job. He's a good man, served his country and is one hell of an honorable man, but he sacrificed nothing.

It appears that a key element of this issue and debate is simply the subjective and opinionated definition of "sacrifice". Trump has his own definition and his defenders seem obliged to fall in line behind it. From all appearances, the majority of Americans have a differing opinion and definition of the word "sacrifice" and consider military persons that are killed or become wounded as having made a sacrifice and the parents of those men and women to have made a sacrifice as well.

Wow.

ACTUALLY the men and woman who serve in the armed forces (who DO make incredible sacrifices by the way) do not win by sacrificing themselves like lambs. This is something that is lost on most people because the Democrats have dictated to us what has been going on over the past sixty years with lies. The men and woman in our armed forces win by beating and defeating the bad guys which sometimes means KILLING them! Shock! Horror! (How could that be?! What a mystery!) So I go back to my point. Just because someone is in the government or the armed forces does NOT equate to them defending freedom and capitalism. Which if someone would address what I said in my last post you would see I have stated this already. The real question is when are the citizens of the U.S. going to stand up against their over reaching government, betraying media and educational institutions? I MUST say I do not think that they will because they have to smoke, drink, drug, and watch sports as well stay muffled with their hands tied behind their backs in order to appease people who "just want to get along". Not only bizarre and sad but profoundly disturbing.

Henceforth if you are a Muslim you are obviously serving the enemies of freedom and capitalism. Cobra Kahn can bark back whatever talking points of shit in our faces but it does not change the fact that he follows not a religion but a geo-political totalitarian system of submission which is called Islam.

I stand corrected...I read the entire story.

His sons sacrifice is his own and Mr Khan cannot stand in judgement and say Trump did not sacrifice anything. What did Mr Khan sacrifice? He can't claim his son because that is his sons own sacrifice.
So tragically sad.

Gold Star Survivors | The United States Army

The term Gold Star family is a modern reference that comes from the Service Flag. These flags/banners were first flown by families during World War I. The flag included a blue star for every immediate family member serving in the armed forces of the United States, during any period of war or hostilities in which the armed forces of the United States were engaged. If that loved one died, the blue star was replaced by a gold star. This allowed members of the community to know the price that the family had paid in the cause of freedom.

The United States began observing Gold Star Mothers Day on the last Sunday of September, in 1936. The Gold Star Wives was formed before the end of World War II. The Gold Star Lapel Button was established in August 1947.

Today, the nation recognizes the sacrifice that all Gold Star Family members make when a father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, or other loved one dies in service to the nation. The strength of our nation is our Army. The strength of our Army is our Soldiers.

The strength of our Soldiers is our families. The Army recognizes that no one has given more for the nation than the families of the fallen

It was wrong of the Khan family to allow their sacrifice and grief to be used for Democratic political campaign fodder...

That said...

Trump has lost yet another decent-sized chunk of (already wavering) support, with this latest collection of foolhardy responses...

At this rate, by the time we get to November 8, Trump won't pull more than 10-15% in the General Election... one of the biggest Ass-Whoopings in recent memory.

Deservedly so.

Not because the HildaBeast (a.k.a. the Ghost of Boss Tweed of Tammany Hall) is a particularly trustworthy or competent or moral creature...

But because the Alternative is ssssooooooo very much worse...

The fool simply has no filters, nor grace nor class... a caricature and walking bumper-sticker rather than a Leader of Men and Nations...

Rather like McMurphy from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" channels the Ghost of Attila the Hun...

A big, unthinking, petulant child-man, who emotes rather than reasons...

No thank you...

I like a half-dozen things he says...

But I don't believe he'll carry through with any of them...

And, having him with his mitts on the Treasury and finger on The Button, the price is simply too high...

I despise the HildaBeast...

But I'm stuck voting for her...

God, I hate this...

the khan family had every reason to point out that trump's anti-muslim rhetoric belittled their son's sacrifice.

I'm sorry any criticism of dumb Donald offends you
Go back and read my post again, little one...

There was a great deal in it that was highly critical - even insulting - of Attila the Hun; nothing you can say about him offends me.

That, however, does nothing to counter my point that the Khan family allowed themselves to be pimped-out at the DNC, for political ends.

Did the Khan's have every right or reason?

Of course... nolo contendre... nobody is disputing that.

Was it morally and ethically right to use their son's sacrifice to advance a political party agenda?

Nope.

It is the breach of ethics and morality here, for partisan purposes, which troubles me; not over what you Liberal silly-persons have to say about Attila.

Oh noes the VFW is going to do what the GOP establishment couldn't do....take Trump down. HAHAHAHAHA
Maybe not the VFW by itself with just 1.2 million members. But when one adds up all US military veterans alive today, that number becomes significant at 19.3 million. Adding the 1.4 million on active duty currently, that totals to around 20.7 million potential VOTES that could be influenced one way or the other...enough to tip a close election!

Sure there'll be some knuckle dragging piss drinkers who won't give a shit or would just vote for Trump under any circumstance, but Trump and Co. and their sycophants who think nearly 21 million potential votes don't matter might have a yuuuuuge hangover on the morn of Nov 9th!

Oh noes the VFW is going to do what the GOP establishment couldn't do....take Trump down. HAHAHAHAHA
Maybe not the VFW by itself with just 1.2 million members. But when one adds up all US military veterans alive today, that number becomes significant at 19.3 million. Adding the 1.4 million on active duty currently, that totals to around 20.7 million potential VOTES that could be influenced one way or the other...enough to tip a close election!

Sure there'll be some knuckle dragging piss drinkers who won't give a shit or would just vote for Trump under any circumstance, but Trump and Co. and their sycophants who think nearly 21 million potential votes don't matter might have a yuuuuuge hangover on the morn of Nov 9th!

Veterans as a group will never vote for Hillary...get yer head outa yer ass

Did I even imply a block vote? Or did I say,"...that totals to around 20.7 million potential VOTES that could be influenced one way or the other...enough to tip a close election!" DAMN, but you missed it by more than a lot!!

Are you too damn poor to pay attention? If YOU take your head out of YOUR ass, take a breath of fresh air and the time to read and understand a post before shooting blanks, you would reduce your embarrassment to a certain degree!

Did I even imply a block vote? Or did I say,"...that totals to around 20.7 million potential VOTES that could be influenced one way or the other...enough to tip a close election!" DAMN, but you missed it by more than a lot!!

Are you too damn poor to pay attention? If YOU take your head out of YOUR ass, take a breath of fresh air and the time to read and understand a post before shooting blanks, you would reduce your embarrassment to a certain degree!

You blabber too much and are really not that important....sorry to deflate your balloon

kaz, we are watching you and the drumpfs and the trumpanzees melting down.

The VFW kicked ass on Comrade Donald. Learn your lesson.

Actually, I'm calling you out on your meltdown, asshole. Stop being a dumb ass.

The question is to provide a quote that you object to on Khan. You like the rest of the Democrats can't provide one, not one

Forum List

Back