View on the "Greater Israel" plan...

Do you believe that there is a plan for "Greater Israel"?

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Humanity , do you REALLY think that it is the plan of the State of Israel to 'conquer' and 'rule' from the Nile to the Euphrates? Seriously?

I think that Israel wouldn't mind having that territory however, in reality, I don't think it possible...

I also don't believe that the Israel would have many issues in expanding, as they are currently doing, into areas that are not theirs... For example, I am quite certain that Israel would happily incorporate Gaza into the State of Israel, for "security" reasons or otherwise...

Gaza, Judea and Samaria are NOT "Greater Israel", they are disputed territories still in need of resolution.

In order to make a claim that Israel is expansionist, you have to provide evidence that they intend to expand beyond the areas of dispute and into another State's sovereign territory.

So far, you have failed to do so.

Humanity , do you REALLY think that it is the plan of the State of Israel to 'conquer' and 'rule' from the Nile to the Euphrates? Seriously?

I think that Israel wouldn't mind having that territory however, in reality, I don't think it possible...

I also don't believe that the Israel would have many issues in expanding, as they are currently doing, into areas that are not theirs... For example, I am quite certain that Israel would happily incorporate Gaza into the State of Israel, for "security" reasons or otherwise...

Gaza, Judea and Samaria are NOT "Greater Israel", they are disputed territories still in need of resolution.

In order to make a claim that Israel is expansionist, you have to provide evidence that they intend to expand beyond the areas of dispute and into another State's sovereign territory.

Gaza is a "disputed" area? Seriously?

How about Golan Heights? Israel holding territory of another country, incorporating it into Israel, with no sign of returning it to the sovereign country, that is expansionism, and one that YOU agreed with!

Sorry, having an opinion different to you in not a fail is it... It's just an opinion... Of which both you and I are allowed...

How about Golan Heights? Israel holding territory of another country, incorporating it into Israel, with no sign of returning it to the sovereign country, that is expansionism, and one that YOU agreed with!

Sorry, having an opinion different to you in not a fail is it... It's just an opinion... Of which both you and I are allowed...

Concerning the Golan Heights, Humanity, please read post #41 on this thread and tell us how you would deal with a situation like that.

Concerning the Golan Heights, Humanity, please read post #41 on this thread and tell us how you would deal with a situation like that.

I am very aware of the geography of the region...

Can I ask you, IF Golan Heights is for "security", in effect a 'buffer zone' why has Israel annexed the region? Introducing 'Golan Heights Law' which, in effect, brings Golan Heights under 'Israeli Law'...

If, as I read more times than I care to remember, it is for 'Security'... Why is it not under UN control?

Annexing Golan Heights is it not the first step to expansion of Israel? Surely, now that Golan Heights is considered Israel, at least BY Israel, isn't there a need for a further 'security buffer zone'?

And, I might suggest that Syria is rather occupied with their own issues without 'worrying' about Israel!

All Group Rights Must Be Earned and Are Subject to Forfeiture
I thought our rights are inalienable and from God.

By their behavior, they declare themselves to be that way. We must respond to results, just like we'd take a certain product off the market if it turned out to be harmful, such as Thalidomide.

The people in power who turn anti-social elements loose on us know what they are doing. As you've shown by being so sure of yourself about ideas that were never your own in the first place, the elitists also drum suicidal civic ethics into us from the time we think we know how to think.
But the elites in the U.S. are supportive of Israel. Politicians are bribed to put Israeli interests above American interests.
Wrong again, Thunderfart, the entire American public is overwhelmingly in support of Israel.
Semitic sissies like Roudy put Israel first and America last. The corporate media tricks some Americans into supporting Israel, but the American people won't be fooled by these lies forever.

Why do American taxpayers have to pay billions to welfare queen Israel?
Yes, Thunderfart, please write to your congressperson and complain about the overwhelming American support for Israel. Maybe you can get a refund for the $10 a year you pay in taxes.
Why do American soldiers have to fight wars for Israel?

LRB · John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt · The Israel Lobby

Israeli soldiers are only good for fighting children.
Israeli-soldier-points-gun-at-woman-and-children-e1362326774613.jpg

Roudy, you haven't even tried to refute the statements I've made. Is this because you are a craven half-wit?
Still posting that fake Pallywood photo? It's obvious the rifle is pointing sideways.

Can I ask you, IF Golan Heights is for "security", in effect a 'buffer zone' why has Israel annexed the region? Introducing 'Golan Heights Law' which, in effect, brings Golan Heights under 'Israeli Law'...

If, as I read more times than I care to remember, it is for 'Security'... Why is it not under UN control?

Annexing Golan Heights is it not the first step to expansion of Israel? Surely, now that Golan Heights is considered Israel, at least BY Israel, isn't there a need for a further 'security buffer zone'?

And, I might suggest that Syria is rather occupied with their own issues without 'worrying' about Israel!
Hah! I can't believe you are contesting the Golan, and area which Assad's father attacked Israel from, especially after the way his genocidal son has been behaving. The way Assad has destroyed Syria today is what every one of those Arab leaders has fantasized about doing to Israel.

So yes, the Golan is conquered territory in a defensive war, and will remain in Israel's hands until further notice.

I thought our rights are inalienable and from God.

But the elites in the U.S. are supportive of Israel. Politicians are bribed to put Israeli interests above American interests.
Wrong again, Thunderfart, the entire American public is overwhelmingly in support of Israel.
Semitic sissies like Roudy put Israel first and America last. The corporate media tricks some Americans into supporting Israel, but the American people won't be fooled by these lies forever.

Yes, Thunderfart, please write to your congressperson and complain about the overwhelming American support for Israel. Maybe you can get a refund for the $10 a year you pay in taxes.

Roudy, you haven't even tried to refute the statements I've made. Is this because you are a craven half-wit?
Still posting that fake Pallywood photo? It's obvious the rifle is pointing sideways.
If the Israeli shot the children right in front of you, you'd deny it.

More facts for you to deny: Israel: 240 Palestinian Children 'Sexually Abused' in Jerusalem Detention Centres, Group Claims

If the Israeli shot the children right in front of you, you'd deny it.

More facts for you to deny: Israel: 240 Palestinian Children 'Sexually Abused' in Jerusalem Detention Centres, Group Claims
So you jump from one Pallywood fake news item to another.

Israel captured the Golan Heights in 1967. That was 50 years ago. If it was only the first step in Israel's expansionist plans, why hasn't Israel pushed further into Syria since then? Fifty years is a very long time. Let me explain this to you once again. Whoever holds that high ground, can shoot on the villages and farms below. The Arabs can't be trusted, so why should Israel give it up? The UN is incompetent and ineffective. UNIFIL did nothing for Israel in Lebanon, and Nasser ordered UN troops out of the Sinai in 1967. Besides, as you said, Syria is in dissaray and doesn't need the Golan. Who should Israel give it to--the genocidal Assad or the barbaric, evil ISIS? Niether choice is very good for Israel. Yes, Israel annexed the Golan in 1981. So what? There's no reason for Israel to give up that strategic plateau.

In the meaning that there is no treaty which ends the conflict and determines international borders, yes, it is still disputed. Obviously it is fully expected that it will not end up being part of Israel. It is also disputed between Hamas and Fatah, so yes, it is still disputed.

Of course, we are both allowed to have opinions. But you set the parameters of this thread in the OP and they were: I'm interested in the ideas of Israel not only controlling Israel and Palestine but also the expansion into what is commonly called "Greater Israel"...

Thus, you have defined "Greater Israel" as being the sovereign territories of other States outside Israel and "Palestine". If your premise (your opinion) is that Israel intends to take territory belonging to other sovereign States, you have not provided enough evidence that this opinion has merit. That said, you are welcome to believe it without evidence, though I would have to wonder why you would believe something not in evidence.

The border between Syria and Israel has never been "signed off" in a treaty agreement between the two sovereigns, so the Golan Heights is still a disputed territory (though Israel has officially annexed it.) What I originally said was that this is the only possible area where you could show some sort of intent by Israel to expand into sovereign territory of other States.

The Golan Heights does not constitute some sort of "expansionist" vision by Israel. It was a disputed border. It posed a security problem. Israel solved the problem.

If you would like to argue that it represents, instead, just the beginning of an expanding Israel, please present your case and your reasons behind your beliefs.

What happened to you? Yes, I know that there are some extremist Israeli's that want this Greater Israel that you speak of. Just like there are extremists on the other side that want the total destruction of Israel.

And I get where you're further going, basically talking about the 'settlements'. I am not sure I agree with some of them either. At one time, I used to see them as a retaliation for attacks on Israel by some of the extremists on the Palestinian side, but yes, lately there seems to be no reason for some at all.

But why are you "quite certain that Israel would happily incorporate Gaza", when they left it back in 2005; making Israelis leave at the point of a gun, I might ad.

You said some very reasonable things in the 'two states' thread, but now here you are starting a sabre rattling thread. Why?

It already does!

Encroaches on the sovereignty of another State? Well, we could discuss that. I don't think you have much of a case. The one place where you might argue that Israel encroaches upon another sovereign State is arguably necessary for security.

However, the implication of the OP is that Israel would attempt to take territory from other sovereign States for the sole purpose of Imperial expansionism. That is silly. And entirely lacking evidence.

You say I don't have much of a case and then prove my case?!?!

Incorporating Golan Heights into Israel with the Golan Heights Law does NOT make it any kind of 'buffer zone' it simply extends Israel! That in itself is expansionism!

Israel didn't ask for the Golan Heights. The Golan was an estrategic grab. Syria chose to get involved in a war and it lost. It's was their problem. ISrael kept the Hermon since it was a high point and any future attack could be seen and expected.

What's the lesson? don't pick on the wrong kid.

I'm interested in the ideas of Israel not only controlling Israel and Palestine but also the expansion into what is commonly called "Greater Israel"...

I certainly believe that Israel has no intention of ever allowing a Palestinian state to exist... But would Israel stop there?
Greater Israel? Israel is currently sitting on less than 1% of the land Muslims control in the ME, you delusional moron.

You take the "delusional moron" title everytime!

Yes, Israel is sitting on less than 1% of land in the ME... Well done...

It was a question about the expansion of Israel in the future, you know, being larger than the current 1% you moron...

Try and keep up Roudy or at least read the comments BEFORE you look like a fool AGAIN with your stupid inane posts!

Is there a plan for a "Greater Israel"?

Hell yes.

It was planned and is still planned by a being much greater than all of us.

Hope that answers your question.

Actually "For the loss". For the win is the fact that it is documented that the Palestinians were called Palestinians at least as early as the fourth century AD. Of course, Palestine was a Christian land in 380 AD. The treatise below is about the Palestinian martyrs that died ealier on so, it can be assumed that the Palestinians were called Palestinians from when the territory was named Palaestina by the Romans.<snip>
Sigh. same old twist on the truth Monti. Not all converted to Christianity. The Jews moved north.

In the 20th century up until the declaration of Independence by the State of Israel, the Jews were called "Palestinians", the Arabs refused to be called that.

It is pretty clear that unless there is substantial resistance from the U.S. the Jews will implement a greater Israel and continue their subjugation of non-Jews they rule over. Even the pro-Israel U.S press is preparing Americans for the eventuality.

“I think we should no longer think of Jewish settlements in the West Bank, but Palestinian settlements in Israel,” Danny Danon, deputy defense minister, said in an interview.

Danon, recently elected to head the central committee of the Likud party, imagines an archipelago of Palestinian cities — Jenin, Nablus, Ramallah and Hebron — as Arab islands in an Israeli sea.

“The Jewish people are not settlers in the West Bank, but Israel will make the Palestinians settlers...The debate among annexationists is not whether to take greater control of the West Bank — it is how much to take.....Uri Ariel, the housing minister, has said he would start with Area C and continue to assert sovereignty in stages to eventually annex all of the West Bank.

Ariel said Palestinians who wish to become citizens would have to apply and meet criteria such as speaking Hebrew and pledging allegiance to Israel."

Israeli right says no to two states, yes to Greater Israel

Oh, I don't know, maybe the two attacks from Syria that rained down on the kibbutzim on the eastern shores of the Kinneret in 1967 and especially in 1973? Here's some thing to look at:

Hmm, well it may not be under total UN 'control' but they certainly do have a presence there. These UN observers on the top of Mt. Bental keep watch and if trouble arises, then access to the Golan height is severly restricted. Here they are:

I've been there, done that. On my way back down from the lookouts on Mt. Bental, there was an Arab/Muslim man selling honey in jars. Maybe he was Druze(?). Don't know, but it was the best honey I've ever had in my life.

It is pretty clear that unless there is substantial resistance from the U.S. the Jews will implement a greater Israel and continue their subjugation of non-Jews they rule over. Even the pro-Israel U.S press is preparing Americans for the eventuality.

“I think we should no longer think of Jewish settlements in the West Bank, but Palestinian settlements in Israel,” Danny Danon, deputy defense minister, said in an interview.

Danon, recently elected to head the central committee of the Likud party, imagines an archipelago of Palestinian cities — Jenin, Nablus, Ramallah and Hebron — as Arab islands in an Israeli sea.

“The Jewish people are not settlers in the West Bank, but Israel will make the Palestinians settlers...The debate among annexationists is not whether to take greater control of the West Bank — it is how much to take.....Uri Ariel, the housing minister, has said he would start with Area C and continue to assert sovereignty in stages to eventually annex all of the West Bank.

Ariel said Palestinians who wish to become citizens would have to apply and meet criteria such as speaking Hebrew and pledging allegiance to Israel."

Israeli right says no to two states, yes to Greater Israel

None of that is Greater Israel as defined by the OP.

It already does!

Encroaches on the sovereignty of another State? Well, we could discuss that. I don't think you have much of a case. The one place where you might argue that Israel encroaches upon another sovereign State is arguably necessary for security.

However, the implication of the OP is that Israel would attempt to take territory from other sovereign States for the sole purpose of Imperial expansionism. That is silly. And entirely lacking evidence.

You say I don't have much of a case and then prove my case?!?!

Incorporating Golan Heights into Israel with the Golan Heights Law does NOT make it any kind of 'buffer zone' it simply extends Israel! That in itself is expansionism!

Israel didn't ask for the Golan Heights. The Golan was an estrategic grab. Syria chose to get involved in a war and it lost. It's was their problem. ISrael kept the Hermon since it was a high point and any future attack could be seen and expected.

What's the lesson? don't pick on the wrong kid.
Pioneers

Lebanon has forfeited its right to the area that it let Hezbollah take over. Now that Hezbollah is fighting in Syria, Israel should annex southern Lebanon.

Every country has a right to punish an invader by annexation. Otherwise, it will continue to be attacked. Israel should take back Gaza, the Sinai, and the West Bank and deport all Muslims from its territory except for the Druze.

Most of the United States was acquired through war, including the conquest of the land occupied by wandering savages. Israel is doing the same thing; that's why those who hate America hate Israel.

For 2,000 years, the people called 'Palestinians' were Jews. The word didn't come to mean Arabs only until after 1967.
^^^ quoted for the win!

Actually "For the loss". For the win is the fact that it is documented that the Palestinians were called Palestinians at least as early as the fourth century AD. Of course, Palestine was a Christian land in 380 AD. The treatise below is about the Palestinian martyrs that died ealier on so, it can be assumed that the Palestinians were called Palestinians from when the territory was named Palaestina by the Romans.

"De martyribus Palestinae" (The Palestinian Martyrs)

A manuscript dated 411 AD by Eusebio of Cesarea, born in Caesarea Maritima, Palestine.

La tradizione manoscritta delle agiografie dei martiri palestinesi

In English:

(The manuscriptual tradition of the Palestinian martyrs)

Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theodosiae virginis (BHL 8090) e della Passio Romani monachi (BHL 7298)

I don't see any mention about Arab Syrians.

Of course not, the indigenous people of Palestine did not become known as Arabs until they adopted the language of the Arabians. They were known as Palestinians, as the text confirms. Arab is a cultural and linguistic distinction, like Hispanic.
No such thing as a Palestinian for the last 700 years of the Ottoman Empire.

Actually "For the loss". For the win is the fact that it is documented that the Palestinians were called Palestinians at least as early as the fourth century AD. Of course, Palestine was a Christian land in 380 AD. The treatise below is about the Palestinian martyrs that died ealier on so, it can be assumed that the Palestinians were called Palestinians from when the territory was named Palaestina by the Romans.<snip>
Sigh. same old twist on the truth Monti. Not all converted to Christianity. The Jews moved north.

In the 20th century up until the declaration of Independence by the State of Israel, the Jews were called "Palestinians", the Arabs refused to be called that.

Very few Jews "moved north" the vast majority of Jews converted to Christianity by the end of the 4th century, when Christianity became the state religion of Rome, and subsequently, those few that did not converted to Islam were forced to convert when Caliph al-Hakim's conversion edict was issued in 1012.

Quit lying, the Palestinians calling themselves Palestinians when the province was renamed Palaestina, by the Romans. The Hasbara tool box you use is dated. This bullshit that the Palestinians did not exist until Arafat is an old bit of Zionist propaganda. Only brainwashed morons believe that crap. It is do easily debunked. Why continue with the bullshit?

There are texts documenting this including the De martyribus Palestinae (the Palestinian Martyrs) written in the 4th century.

Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theodosiae virginis (BHL 8090) e della Passio Romani monachi (BHL 7298)

Later in the early 20th century the Palestinians were still calling themselves Palestinians. Besides the Palestinian newspaper, established by a Palestinian Christian,

upload_2017-6-11_19-53-57.png

the Palestinian Delegation in London corresponded with the British Colonial office as the people of Palestine. The Jews called themselves Zionists in the same correspondence.

PALESTINE.

CORRESPONDENCE
WITH THE
PALESTINE ARAB DELEGATION
AND THE
ZIONIST ORGANISATION.

".......Whilst the position in Palestine is, as it stands to-day, with the British Government holding authority by an occupying force, and using that authority to impose upon the people against their wishes a great immigration of alien Jews, many of them of a Bolshevik revolutionary type, no constitution which would fall short of giving the People of Palestine full control of their own affairs could be acceptable.

If the British Government would revise their present policy in Palestine, end the Zionist con-dominium, put a stop to all alien immigration and grant the People of Palestine — who by Right and Experience are the best judges of what is good and bad to their country — Executive and Legislative powers, the terms of a constitution could be discussed in a different atmosphere. If to-day the People of Palestine assented to any constitution which fell short of giving them full control of their own affairs they would be in the position of agreeing to an instrument of Government which might, and probably would, be used to smother their national life under a flood of alien immigration."

UK correspondence with Palestine Arab Delegation and Zionist Organization/British policy in Palestine: "Churchill White Paper" - UK documentation Cmd. 1700/Non-UN document (excerpts) (1 July 1922)

Forum List

Back