Vince Vaughn...understands freedom.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I like Vince Vaughn......statements like this can't help his career....

Vince Vaughn We Should Have Guns In Schools Extrano s Alley more than a gun blog

Politico reports Minneapolis born actor Vince Vaughn has told the British edition of the Gent’s magazin GQ that Americans should be able to carry a gun wherever they please.

Briefly quoting the Politico report linked above:

“Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat. Taking away guns, taking away drugs, the booze, it won’t rid the world of criminality,” said the star of the second season of “True Detective,” according to excerpts of the cover story published Monday.

“I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don’t have the right to bear arms because of burglars; we have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government.

I wish I could get paid for doing this.........

So, of course everyone who supports this liberty is also against any form of censorship and any prohibition of substances for personal consumption, so let's go.

I like Vince Vaughn......statements like this can't help his career....

Vince Vaughn We Should Have Guns In Schools Extrano s Alley more than a gun blog

Politico reports Minneapolis born actor Vince Vaughn has told the British edition of the Gent’s magazin GQ that Americans should be able to carry a gun wherever they please.

Briefly quoting the Politico report linked above:

“Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat. Taking away guns, taking away drugs, the booze, it won’t rid the world of criminality,” said the star of the second season of “True Detective,” according to excerpts of the cover story published Monday.

“I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don’t have the right to bear arms because of burglars; we have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government.
His films haven't been doing all that well lately, so Hollywood is going to blackball him like they do everyone else who dares to buck Democrats.
If you want the great gigs you need to talk smack in public that the left likes. From then on, you could commit genocide and they wouldn't care.

“I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don’t have the right to bear arms because of burglars; we have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government.”

Nonsense.

One's civil rights are safeguarded by the Constitution and its case law, not by firearms – there are no 'Second Amendment solutions.'

When a citizen believes his civil rights have been violated by government, he seeks to defend those rights in a court of law, not with a gun; government is kept in check, and our freedoms protected, by the rule of law, not by unwarranted threats of violence.

The Second Amendment enshrines the right to possess a handgun pursuant to the right of self-defense, it is not the right to attempt to 'overthrow' a government by force of arms subjectively perceived to be 'tyrannical.'

Vaughn is correct in his observation that citizens should be at liberty to carry firearms in most any venue for self-defense, the rest about 'resisting' a “corrupt and abusive government” is ignorant, delusional idiocy.

“I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don’t have the right to bear arms because of burglars; we have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government.”

Nonsense.

One's civil rights are safeguarded by the Constitution and its case law, not by firearms – there are no 'Second Amendment solutions.'

When a citizen believes his civil rights have been violated by government, he seeks to defend those rights in a court of law, not with a gun; government is kept in check, and our freedoms protected, by the rule of law, not by unwarranted threats of violence.

The Second Amendment enshrines the right to possess a handgun pursuant to the right of self-defense, it is not the right to attempt to 'overthrow' a government by force of arms subjectively perceived to be 'tyrannical.'

Vaughn is correct in his observation that citizens should be at liberty to carry firearms in most any venue for self-defense, the rest about 'resisting' a “corrupt and abusive government” is ignorant, delusional idiocy.

And what, moron, enforces the rule of law....good people with guns....moron.....

Nonsense.

Did case law protect civil liberties when the Supreme Court backed up slavery? How about when they thrice upheld Japanese internment? How about when courts decided what was done to my people was legal? Your faith in our courts is disheartening. Fortunately, the ratifiers of the Constitution didn't see it that way.

Forum List

Back