Violent criminals are just a myth, until they aren't and you need a gun to stop them.

Do gun shop background checks go on a registry?

Not by name of the owner, just that the gun was sold.

So no registry?

Just got off the phone to a gun store in Illinois.... nope, they do not register the guns, they simply record a sale. So a universal background check law would end up registering any gun I sell......no thanks.

So what makes you think an individual sale would have to be more than registering a sale?
Only a fool would trust the federal governments involvement in private sales...

How would it be different from gun shop sales?

So no registry?

Just got off the phone to a gun store in Illinois.... nope, they do not register the guns, they simply record a sale. So a universal background check law would end up registering any gun I sell......no thanks.

You are one of the prime examples why we need universal gun background checks. If I want a gun for an illegal operation you would be the first I would come to. You dipstick,it's background checks, not registrations. Sort of like you screaming, "They are trying to take all my Guns" over and over. Well maybe we should considering you aren't exactly playing with a full deck. But I get to keep mine.

Moron, I'm not selling a gun without knowing who I am selling it to.... you moron..... and what part of the fact that criminals steal their guns....which means, you doofus, they don't go through any background check, or that they use straw buyers, which means they can pass any background check, do you not freaking understand...

You moron.

Do you even realize how stupid you sound?
Criminals do not buy firearms legally, that is why they are called criminals
You are law abiding up until you pull the trigger

So no registry?

You are one of the prime examples why we need universal gun background checks. If I want a gun for an illegal operation you would be the first I would come to. You dipstick,it's background checks, not registrations. Sort of like you screaming, "They are trying to take all my Guns" over and over. Well maybe we should considering you aren't exactly playing with a full deck. But I get to keep mine.

Moron, I'm not selling a gun without knowing who I am selling it to.... you moron..... and what part of the fact that criminals steal their guns....which means, you doofus, they don't go through any background check, or that they use straw buyers, which means they can pass any background check, do you not freaking understand...

You moron.

With no background checks, how do you know?

No because you talk of things you know nothing about

and you are so naive as to think there is no violence in this world

So when violence does find you s it has so many others I'll simply laugh at you even more than I do now

Nope. There is plenty of violence in this world. Lots of it caused by coward gun nut vigilantes who start every morning hoping that "today is the day I get to shoot someone and be a hero"

If that were true, considering more than 17 million people have CCW permits, there would be a lot more violence than there is today
But keep spouting this shit and proving what a fucking idiot you are.

I hope I'm there when you get the shit beat out of you so I can laugh my ass off while you're waiting for the cops to come rescue you

Your numbers are slightly inflated but not enough to worry about. But what you don't take into account is, only about 3 million actually carry even when they have a CCW. It's a real hassle when you go out. What do you do with it when you need to go into a library or someplace that doesn't allow your weapon according to the law? You can't go bar hopping, go into schools to visit your kids and more. So you either leave it home or lock it in your trunk. I wouldn't trust locking it in the glove box since any thief worth his salts can break into there in 4 seconds with a screwdriver. Just having the Permit doesn't mean you go around armed all the time.

Now, stop making shit up.
Concealed Carry Statistics: Quick Facts by State (2017)

New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

So 16.3 million a year ago

17 million is probably a lower number than actual today

unlike you I actually know what I'm talking about

Lots of people will sell a gun to who ever has the cash. Doesn't matter if the purchaser is a crook or not as long as there is no obligation to even care about that, much less the legal obligation to do a background check. Many fewer will do that if they are legally obligated to find out if the purchaser is even allowed to have a gun. No. It won't make all guns unavailable to all crooks, but it will make it harder for them to get a gun. Are you such a twat as to not see that?
It won't stop any piece of shit criminal from buying a gun PERIOD

You moron.

You are law abiding up until you pull the trigger
And you're not a child rapist until you diddle your neighbor's 5 year old boy so maybe we should put you on a sex offender's list now

Personally, without a clear target, I'm NOT discharging in a public place, a weapon readily capable of causing death to innocent bystanders.

I do not care if bad guys escape. I'm not signing out at the end of tour knowing innocent people could have been gravely harmed by my actions.
___
In all seriousness, what is your opinion of the teen and adult MOTHERS responsible for raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy American or foreign newborns, maturing into apparent depressed, frustrated, angry, emotionally ill, violent SUIC!DAL, HOMIC!DAL, DOMESTIC AMERICAN TERRORISTS causing COMMUNITY VIOLENCE, COMMUNITY FEAR, TERRORIZING, gunning down, killing American Babies and Elders?

I am referring to a significant population of apparent emotionally damaged fellow teen and adult American or foreign born citizens, WHO THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, experienced a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood upbringing at the hands of a significant population of SELFISH, immature, apathetic mostly single mothers failing to recognize that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful, as well as less fortune neighbors.
___
Now that 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Oprah Winfrey LOUDLY addressed our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, will YOU, a responsible, caring American citizen join Oprah & Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, pediatrician & CEO of 'The Center For Youth Wellness', in passionately calling for a National MOVEMENT educating American & foreign born primary child caregivers about a potentially life scarring medical disease/condition:

"Childhood Trauma" aka
"Adverse Childhood Experiences" (#ACEs)
___
During a March 11, 2018 '60 Minutes' segment titled, "Treating Trauma," Oprah Winfrey, a 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor shared knowledge regarding America's easily PREVENTABLE, though potentially life scarring *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS.

Knowledge Oprah exuberantly confirms is a "game changer."

Video search terms: "Oprah Winfrey Dancing On Table Tops, Fixing The 'Hole In Your Soul'"

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Fear & Educator's Frustrations

How is that different from a gun shop sale?

Because it catches all the guns that aren't sold in gun stores.....it creates new registries and expands the old one....and the only reason you want that is so that, down the road, you can collect those guns that no one knew about before.

Not normally. The GunShop keeps them on file. Each state has it's own time limit for how long. But it's not generally sent to the state or the feds. It's a background check not a gun registration.
The firearms I sell in my shop, any and all paperwork on the firearm is destroyed as soon as humanly possible.
That way there is absolutely zero chance of any record on said firearm...

Good for you. Any reason individual sales couldn't be handled the same way?
Time, money and privacy

Not by name of the owner, just that the gun was sold.

So no registry?

So what makes you think an individual sale would have to be more than registering a sale?
Only a fool would trust the federal governments involvement in private sales...

How would it be different from gun shop sales?
First - of all The federal government is on a need to know basis on the issue… They do not need to know.
Second - It’s a fucking pain in the ass

You moron.

Private sales are just that... private sales

Nope. There is plenty of violence in this world. Lots of it caused by coward gun nut vigilantes who start every morning hoping that "today is the day I get to shoot someone and be a hero"

If that were true, considering more than 17 million people have CCW permits, there would be a lot more violence than there is today
But keep spouting this shit and proving what a fucking idiot you are.

I hope I'm there when you get the shit beat out of you so I can laugh my ass off while you're waiting for the cops to come rescue you

Your numbers are slightly inflated but not enough to worry about. But what you don't take into account is, only about 3 million actually carry even when they have a CCW. It's a real hassle when you go out. What do you do with it when you need to go into a library or someplace that doesn't allow your weapon according to the law? You can't go bar hopping, go into schools to visit your kids and more. So you either leave it home or lock it in your trunk. I wouldn't trust locking it in the glove box since any thief worth his salts can break into there in 4 seconds with a screwdriver. Just having the Permit doesn't mean you go around armed all the time.

Now, stop making shit up.
Concealed Carry Statistics: Quick Facts by State (2017)

New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

So 16.3 million a year ago

17 million is probably a lower number than actual today

unlike you I actually know what I'm talking about

Lots of people will sell a gun to who ever has the cash. Doesn't matter if the purchaser is a crook or not as long as there is no obligation to even care about that, much less the legal obligation to do a background check. Many fewer will do that if they are legally obligated to find out if the purchaser is even allowed to have a gun. No. It won't make all guns unavailable to all crooks, but it will make it harder for them to get a gun. Are you such a twat as to not see that?
It won't stop any piece of shit criminal from buying a gun PERIOD

Yes, I know that is your constant claim, but you have offered no reason to believe it other than "because I say so"

Because it catches all the guns that aren't sold in gun stores.....it creates new registries and expands the old one....and the only reason you want that is so that, down the road, you can collect those guns that no one knew about before.

Not normally. The GunShop keeps them on file. Each state has it's own time limit for how long. But it's not generally sent to the state or the feds. It's a background check not a gun registration.
The firearms I sell in my shop, any and all paperwork on the firearm is destroyed as soon as humanly possible.

Time, money and privacy

WTF does that mean? Does a background check for an individual seller have to take longer, cost more, or reveal more information than one done for a licensed dealer? If so, why?

You moron.

And?

Time, money and privacy

WTF does that mean? Does a background check for an individual seller have to take longer, cost more, or reveal more information than one done for a licensed dealer? If so, why?

In the state of Colorado, Private sales have to go to a license gun dealer and have the background check run regardless. I imagine there are a lot that ignore that law but that's the way it's supposed to be. Failure to do so if you are caught might mean losing your right to own guns. It all depends on the state like it should.

Time, money and privacy

In the state of Colorado, Private sales have to go to a license gun dealer and have the background check run regardless. I imagine there are a lot that ignore that law but that's the way it's supposed to be. Failure to do so if you are caught might mean losing your right to own guns. It all depends on the state like it should.

No. It shouldn't depend on the state.

Time, money and privacy

Why not. It's up to each state to make it's own laws in this regard.

Time, money and privacy

It is not necessary, there is no threat there

You moron.

And?
They are private sales they’re no one else’s business

Time, money and privacy

Yes it should, states should have the right to tell other states to fuck off

Time, money and privacy

Why not. It's up to each state to make it's own laws in this regard.
Agreed

Forum List

Back