Virginia Halts Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States

If you are an Alabama wife beater, don't be going to Virginia with a gun. Y'all hear now?

I live in Nevada, but my CWP is from South Carolina because that is where I lived when I had it issued. Nevada has a reciprocity agreement with South Carolina so my CWP is good here until it expires in 2017. If the State Attorney General suddenly decreed Nevada would no longer honor CWPs from SC suddenly I'd no longer legally be able to carry despite the fact I've only ever fired either of my guns at a gun range and I've never been arrested for anything in my life.

As I said before, I suspect this is nothing more than a lame attempt by a gun grabbing leftist to push an agenda they can't win on when it comes to a vote by the people and you, for what ever reason, seem to be swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

I'm also curious how the Attorney General of Virginia can suddenly just wave his hand and declare this. In Nevada, these agreements are voted on by the legislature. His action may not even be legal.
Trump wants to ban all Muslims based on the actions of a few. Lots of people cheered this "logic". They also want to ban all refugees "because you can't tell which ones are terrorists". Again, using the same "logic".

Banning out of staters from carrying a gun in Virginia "because you can't tell which ones are the killers" is the exact same "logic".

You can't whine about one position and be okay with the other.

LIBTARD: Guns just killed some more people. We must ban them.

RUBE: Cars kill a lot more people than guns. So I guess we should ban them, too, right? Right? Right?

FOX NEWS: Some more Muslims just killed some more people. Every time any Muslim anywhere kills someone, we will be right here to tell you all about it, with doom music.

RUBE: WE MUST BAN MUSLIMS!!!

Wrong....he wants to ban muslims who cannot be properly vetted.....nice lie though. Owning and carrying a gun is a Right, and like voting in the South, it can't be stopped because democrats don't like it.

If you are an Alabama wife beater, don't be going to Virginia with a gun. Y'all hear now?

I live in Nevada, but my CWP is from South Carolina because that is where I lived when I had it issued. Nevada has a reciprocity agreement with South Carolina so my CWP is good here until it expires in 2017. If the State Attorney General suddenly decreed Nevada would no longer honor CWPs from SC suddenly I'd no longer legally be able to carry despite the fact I've only ever fired either of my guns at a gun range and I've never been arrested for anything in my life.

As I said before, I suspect this is nothing more than a lame attempt by a gun grabbing leftist to push an agenda they can't win on when it comes to a vote by the people and you, for what ever reason, seem to be swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

I'm also curious how the Attorney General of Virginia can suddenly just wave his hand and declare this. In Nevada, these agreements are voted on by the legislature. His action may not even be legal.
Trump wants to ban all Muslims based on the actions of a few. Lots of people cheered this "logic". They also want to ban all refugees "because you can't tell which ones are terrorists". Again, using the same "logic".

Banning out of staters from carrying a gun in Virginia "because you can't tell which ones are the killers" is the exact same "logic".

Trump is a fucking retard, but what the hell does he or his statements regarding Muslims have to do with what is going on Virginia? You're making a very weak case at linking the two. I'm not seeing any logic from you on this comparison. One is not even remotely related to the other.
They are using the exact same "reasoning".

I am one of the few people who is consistent. I don't think we should ban Muslims, refugees, or guns.

Trump is a fucking retard, but what the hell does he or his statements regarding Muslims have to do with what is going on Virginia? You're making a very weak case at linking the two. I'm not seeing any logic from you on this comparison. One is not even remotely related to the other.
He wants to drag in irrelevant stuff and then accuse you of being off topic. Maybe it's all the piss he's been guzzling.

RUBE: Cars kill a lot more people than guns. So I guess we should ban them, too, right? Right? Right?

FOX NEWS: Some more Muslims just killed some more people. Every time any Muslim anywhere kills someone, we will be right here to tell you all about it, with doom music.

2 wrongs make a rightwinger. Right g5000? ;)
Nope. That is EXACTLY my point.

As I just said, I am one of the few people who is consistent about this.

Everybody else is shitting their pants and walking in fear. Right, Left, and whatever Trump is.

I am one of the few people who is consistent. I don't think we should ban Muslims, refugees, or guns.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. -Mill.
Like it was written with you in mind.

Sad to see Virginia go Communist/Progressive. Nuff said.
Yeah. Those bastards. Not letting illegal immigrants, mental patients, wife beaters, or felons conceal carry. For shame!

What's this country coming to when a drug dealer isn't allowed to conceal carry?

No problem with that.

Have a problem with visitors/vacationers only being allowed to carry with special permission.

I disagree.

They are. Someone does a bad thing, and pants shitters want to punish everyone in the same category, baddies and law-abiders alike.

There is not one whit of difference.

Nor do I
Give this man a cigar.

Wrong....he wants to ban muslims who cannot be properly vetted.....nice lie though.

Not a lie. Trump wants a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States". His exact words.

And you know damn well there are a lot of people who want to ban all the Syrian refugees, using the exact same TardLogic™.

Wrong....he wants to ban muslims who cannot be properly vetted.....nice lie though.

Not a lie. Trump wants a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States". His exact words.

Followed by the rest of his exact words where he said until the government can get it's act together...but thanks again for lying.

Followed by the rest of his exact words where he said until the government can get it's act together...but thanks again for lying.
Oh. I see. Then we better ban all guns until the government can get its act together and properly vet gun owners. After all, there have been 12,924 gun homicides in the US so far this year.

Compare that to 19 people killed by Muslim terrorists.

Thanks again for playing.

Ever notice how gun rights fans are also states rights fans.............till a state does something they dont like.

VA didnt do awy with CC. They just required that ALL concealed carry permit holders follow the same requirements that all VA resident have to abide by.
And if you dont meet those requirments, no concealed carry for you.
And VA KNOWS other states are not as stringent in their CCW permits.
WTF is wrong with that.

I've never seen any logic from that bed wetter.

The AG of Virginia is doing exactly what follows from Trump Logic. They are banning concealed gun carriers from other states until those other states improve their vetting of gun owners.

No difference in reasoning at all.

The AG didn't ban all the other states. He was satisfied with the vetting of 5 of the states.

Trump is a fucking retard, but what the hell does he or his statements regarding Muslims have to do with what is going on Virginia?
Sometimes it helps a person to see how idiotic their "reasoning" is when they see that same stupid illogic applied to something which affects something THEY care about.

Bullshit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

The AG of Virginia is doing exactly what follows from Trump Logic. They are banning concealed gun carriers from other states until those other states improve their vetting of gun owners.

No difference in reasoning at all.

The AG didn't ban all the other states. He was satisfied with the vetting of 5 of the states.

5, or 25?

and Va only had reciprocity with 25 other states to begin with.

Oh. I see. Then we better ban all guns until the government can get its act together and properly vet gun owners. After all, there have been 12,924 gun homicides in the US so far this year.

Compare that to 19 people killed by Muslim terrorists.

Thanks again for playing.

12,924 vs 19.
Bit lopsided.

Americans killing other Americnas is not scary any longer. It is just what we do.

But terrorists killing Americans. OMG. Just the thought of being made dead by a terrorist is SO much more scary than being made dead by just a regular American.

But really, is there ANY AMOUNT of guns that those who are so afraid of terrorists could arm themselves with to make their fears subside? I thought they had all those guns to NOT be afraid?

Ever notice how gun rights fans are also states rights fans.............till a state does something they dont like.

VA didnt do awy with CC. They just required that ALL concealed carry permit holders follow the same requirements that all VA resident have to abide by.
And if you dont meet those requirments, no concealed carry for you.
And VA KNOWS other states are not as stringent in their CCW permits.
WTF is wrong with that.
It has far ranging ramifications with respect to reciprocity. Drivers licenses, marriages, concealed carry, insurance. All these things depend heavily on reciprocity between the states. There is also a lot of case law involved.

The AG is out on some thin ice.

Forum List

Back