Virginia Halts Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States

The AG of Virginia is doing exactly what follows from Trump Logic. They are banning concealed gun carriers from other states until those other states improve their vetting of gun owners.

No difference in reasoning at all.

The AG didn't ban all the other states. He was satisfied with the vetting of 5 of the states.

The AG didn't ban all the other states. He was satisfied with the vetting of 5 of the states.

5, or 25?

and Va only had reciprocity with 25 other states to begin with.

No, they have reciprocity with 30 states. Read the OP.

He examined their reciprocity with those 30 states. He found 25 do not meet their standards, and that 5 do.

US_VA%20CHP_eff_%2002012016.png

Sad to see Virginia go Communist/Progressive. Nuff said.
Yeah. Those bastards. Not letting illegal immigrants, mental patients, wife beaters, or felons conceal carry. For shame!

What's this country coming to when a drug dealer isn't allowed to conceal carry?

The whole problem is that it doesn't matter. This is where the gun nuts win because this won't stop the crazies from carrying a gun around, legal or not. When guns are available to the masses, then the bad guys have just as easy access to them as everyone else. This is the real argument the gun nuts ignore. Now, if every state had strong restrictions that helped prevent crazy people and criminals from getting guns to begin with, then we might be headed in the right direction.

The AG of Virginia is doing exactly what follows from Trump Logic. They are banning concealed gun carriers from other states until those other states improve their vetting of gun owners.

No difference in reasoning at all.

5, or 25?

and Va only had reciprocity with 25 other states to begin with.

No, they have reciprocity with 30 states. Read the OP.

He examined their reciprocity with those 30 states. He found 25 do not meet their standards, and that 5 do.

Ok

They never had reciprocity with the state I live in anyway.

Ever notice how gun rights fans are also states rights fans.............till a state does something they dont like.

VA didnt do awy with CC. They just required that ALL concealed carry permit holders follow the same requirements that all VA resident have to abide by.
And if you dont meet those requirments, no concealed carry for you.
And VA KNOWS other states are not as stringent in their CCW permits.
WTF is wrong with that.
It has far ranging ramifications with respect to reciprocity. Drivers licenses, marriages, concealed carry, insurance. All these things depend heavily on reciprocity between the states. There is also a lot of case law involved.

The AG is out on some thin ice.

How is the ice so thin? The proliferation of CC holders is a relatively new developement.

Recognizing marriage, drivers license, insurance and such has been recognized by all states for years.

If VA does not want to allow marriage at 15, but another state does, should VA be required to allow marriage at 15?

Trump wants to ban all Muslims based on the actions of a few. Lots of people cheered this "logic". They also want to ban all refugees "because you can't tell which ones are terrorists". Again, using the same "logic".

Banning out of staters from carrying a gun in Virginia "because you can't tell which ones are the killers" is the exact same "logic".

You can't whine about one position and be okay with the other.

LIBTARD: Guns just killed some more people. We must ban them.

RUBE: Cars kill a lot more people than guns. So I guess we should ban them, too, right? Right? Right?

FOX NEWS: Some more Muslims just killed some more people. Every time any Muslim anywhere kills someone, we will be right here to tell you all about it, with doom music.

RUBE: WE MUST BAN MUSLIMS!!!

Wrong....he wants to ban muslims who cannot be properly vetted.....nice lie though.

Not a lie. Trump wants a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States". His exact words.

Followed by the rest of his exact words where he said until the government can get it's act together...but thanks again for lying.
Oh. I see. Then we better ban all guns until the government can get its act together and properly vet gun owners. After all, there have been 12,924 gun homicides in the US so far this year.

Compare that to 19 people killed by Muslim terrorists.

Thanks again for playing.

12,924 vs 19.
Bit lopsided.

Americans killing other Americnas is not scary any longer. It is just what we do.

But terrorists killing Americans. OMG. Just the thought of being made dead by a terrorist is SO much more scary than being made dead by just a regular American.

But really, is there ANY AMOUNT of guns that those who are so afraid of terrorists could arm themselves with to make their fears subside? I thought they had all those guns to NOT be afraid?
I know a lot of gun owners. There are two types. There are the kind that really, really get into the whole gun owning thing. They start accumulating way more than they need. That's fine with me, but they tend to get this weird mindset that is unhealthy to say the least.

The whole "OBAMAZ CUMMIN FER YER GUNZ" thing caused a lot of them to start hoarding. The hoarding of ammo caused a shortage, as all panic hoardings do, leading them to bleev the shortage was caused by the gubmint buying up all the ammo. It was a self-feeding conspiracy theory. "The gubmint is buying up ammo, so I better buy all the ammo I can!" with no clue THEY were the cause of the shortages. I had guys proudly show me their five gallon buckets filled with rounds, and then saying it was the shortage which made them go out and buy all that shit. :lol:

If you go to gun shows you meet a lot of whackos like that.

It's this first type that are the pants shitters. They live in constant fear, and they buy into some of the stupidest conspiracy theories you've ever heard. They also tend to be very racist.

The second kind of gun owner avoids the first type of gun owner as much as possible. They don't brag about their guns. Some, you'd never know they owned one. A friend of mine won't even go to gun ranges because he is afraid of the whackos. He target practices in the woods to avoid them.

Ever notice how gun rights fans are also states rights fans.............till a state does something they dont like.

VA didnt do awy with CC. They just required that ALL concealed carry permit holders follow the same requirements that all VA resident have to abide by.
And if you dont meet those requirments, no concealed carry for you.
And VA KNOWS other states are not as stringent in their CCW permits.
WTF is wrong with that.
It has far ranging ramifications with respect to reciprocity. Drivers licenses, marriages, concealed carry, insurance. All these things depend heavily on reciprocity between the states. There is also a lot of case law involved.

The AG is out on some thin ice.

How is the ice so thin? The proliferation of CC holders is a relatively new developement.

Recognizing marriage, drivers license, insurance and such has been recognized by all states for years.

If VA does not want to allow marriage at 15, but another state does, should VA be required to allow marriage at 15?
My CC has been recognized in several states for decades. It's not a new development.

I'm like an earlier poster. When I moved to a different state, I didn't even bother to get a new CC until my old one expired since my old one was recognized in the new state.

With driver's licenses, you have to get a new one within 30 days of moving to a new state regardless if your old one has reciprocity.

Yeah. Those bastards. Not letting illegal immigrants, mental patients, wife beaters, or felons conceal carry. For shame!

What's this country coming to when a drug dealer isn't allowed to conceal carry?
So you switched from law abiding conceal and carry to drug dealers and felons???? I saw what you did there.

So you switched from law abiding conceal and carry to drug dealers and felons???? I saw what you did there.
Yes. All the good guys must be denied so as to protect us from the bad guys, because the government can't tell the difference. Too many people have died. It's too much risk.

Yes. All the good guys must be punished so as to protect us from the bad guys, because the government can't tell the difference. Too many people have died.
The government did do the background check on my conceal and carry.

Yes. All the good guys must be punished so as to protect us from the bad guys, because the government can't tell the difference. Too many people have died.
The government did do the background check on my conceal and carry.
Mine, too. They did a background check on a lot of people who went on to commit murder, too.

We need a total and complete shutdown of guns entering Virginia until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

There is an extraordinary influx of hatred & danger coming into Virginia. We must be vigilant!

I guess Virginia doesn't trust other states to keep guns out of the hands of killers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/23/u...oncealed-gun-permits-from-25-states.html?_r=0

Virginia will no longer recognize concealed handgun permits issued by 25 other states, its attorney general announced Tuesday, a stark change in policy for a state known for its expansive gun rights.

The announcement by Attorney General Mark R. Herring, a Democrat, means that permit-holding residents of the 25 states, which span the country from Alaska to Florida, will no longer be able to carry concealed weapons in Virginia, beginning Feb. 1. Virginia is revoking its so-called reciprocity agreements with those states.

Mr. Herring made the decision, his office said in a statement, after “months of research and evaluation,” including an audit of 30 states whose concealed handgun permits have been considered valid in Virginia. All but five of those states, he said, grant permits to people who would be barred from carrying concealed weapons in Virginia.
Nothing new here,those laws sum up state laws give or take some wording everywhere.

If you are an Alabama wife beater, don't be going to Virginia with a gun. Y'all hear now?

I live in Nevada, but my CWP is from South Carolina because that is where I lived when I had it issued. Nevada has a reciprocity agreement with South Carolina so my CWP is good here until it expires in 2017. If the State Attorney General suddenly decreed Nevada would no longer honor CWPs from SC suddenly I'd no longer legally be able to carry despite the fact I've only ever fired either of my guns at a gun range and I've never been arrested for anything in my life.

As I said before, I suspect this is nothing more than a lame attempt by a gun grabbing leftist to push an agenda they can't win on when it comes to a vote by the people and you, for what ever reason, seem to be swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

I'm also curious how the Attorney General of Virginia can suddenly just wave his hand and declare this. In Nevada, these agreements are voted on by the legislature. His action may not even be legal.

Did you even read the list of reasons they deny CWP that other states allow?

If you are an Alabama wife beater, don't be going to Virginia with a gun. Y'all hear now?

I live in Nevada, but my CWP is from South Carolina because that is where I lived when I had it issued. Nevada has a reciprocity agreement with South Carolina so my CWP is good here until it expires in 2017. If the State Attorney General suddenly decreed Nevada would no longer honor CWPs from SC suddenly I'd no longer legally be able to carry despite the fact I've only ever fired either of my guns at a gun range and I've never been arrested for anything in my life.

As I said before, I suspect this is nothing more than a lame attempt by a gun grabbing leftist to push an agenda they can't win on when it comes to a vote by the people and you, for what ever reason, seem to be swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

I'm also curious how the Attorney General of Virginia can suddenly just wave his hand and declare this. In Nevada, these agreements are voted on by the legislature. His action may not even be legal.
Trump wants to ban all Muslims based on the actions of a few. Lots of people cheered this "logic". They also want to ban all refugees "because you can't tell which ones are terrorists". Again, using the same "logic".

Banning out of staters from carrying a gun in Virginia "because you can't tell which ones are the killers" is the exact same "logic".

RUBE: Cars kill a lot more people than guns. So I guess we should ban them, too, right? Right? Right?

FOX NEWS: Some more Muslims just killed some more people. Every time any Muslim anywhere kills someone, we will be right here to tell you all about it, with doom music.

Wrong....he wants to ban muslims who cannot be properly vetted.....nice lie though.

Not a lie. Trump wants a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States". His exact words.

And you know damn well there are a lot of people who want to ban all the Syrian refugees, using the exact same TardLogic™.

Finish his statement......

And since the Syrians cannot be vetted they should not be allowed in the country.

Followed by the rest of his exact words where he said until the government can get it's act together...but thanks again for lying.
Oh. I see. Then we better ban all guns until the government can get its act together and properly vet gun owners. After all, there have been 12,924 gun homicides in the US so far this year.

Compare that to 19 people killed by Muslim terrorists.

Thanks again for playing.

And how many of those guns were used illegally....by criminals who got them illegally......which means we have the laws controlling guns...they went around them.

Forum List

Back