Virginia Halts Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States

It makes sense to me....

Why should certain people from out of state be able to qualify to conceal carry in Virginia , when Virginia's own citizens with same issues not be allowed to conceal carry?

Because their own state allowed them to...did you forget about gay marriage that all you lefties wanted...same thing genius.....
I don't get what you are trying to say or compare???

Gay marriage laws are different in each state...but they all have to recognize them even if they break the law.....dittos now guns........gun ownership is an actual right as codified in the Bill of Rights....so if gay marriage trumps state law then of course owning and carrying a gun also trumps any individual states laws....

Normal gun owners carrying guns for self defense are not a problem or a threat.....at all....
Now, just how do we keep guns out of the hands of the 'abnormal'?

We have the laws on the books already. And when the abnormal break the law we can take them into custody.....you target the actual law breakers, not normal gun owners.

What are the chances the Supreme Court doesn't say that everyone has the right to carry arms? I mean, if "bear arms" were the right to carry, then you'd have the right to carry arms as you see fit. Funny how the right claims the right to bear arms is the right to carry but manages to ignore this point.

The problem with this is simple- criminals do not obey the law.

Do they disobey ALL laws? Do "law abiding people" (ie, people with no conviction) obey ALL laws?

All criminals jay walk all the time, and the "law abiding people" never, ever jay walk?

What are the chances the Supreme Court doesn't say that everyone has the right to carry arms? I mean, if "bear arms" were the right to carry, then you'd have the right to carry arms as you see fit. Funny how the right claims the right to bear arms is the right to carry but manages to ignore this point.

The Supreme court is 9 lawyers....5 of whom don't know what they are doing....out of over 320 million Americans appointed by corrupt politicians, and put into their position by more corrupt politicians......

The problem with this is simple- criminals do not obey the law.

Do they disobey ALL laws? Do "law abiding people" (ie, people with no conviction) obey ALL laws?

All criminals jay walk all the time, and the "law abiding people" never, ever jay walk?

Criminals who need guns ignore gun laws. Mass shooters tend to obey gun laws...and then murder people.

Law abiding people obey the gun laws and jump through all the hoops...or they don't own the gun...they even respect gun free killing zones and die when mass shooters turn up....like in San Bernadino...one of the victims was a 2nd Amendment supporter caught in the gun free killing zone.

Then how do the mass shooters get their guns?

Mass shooters go to gun stores, go through current federal background checks, obey all the laws, even in California, which means buying only one gun a month and only using 10 round magazines....then they go out and murder people...

Or....like the Columbine killers...they buy the guns illegally, or the Sandy Hook killer, they murder to get their guns....

Normal gun owners carrying guns for self defense are not a problem or a threat.....at all....
Now, just how do we keep guns out of the hands of the 'abnormal'?

Most of the abnormal will have criminal records by the time they are able to legally buy a gun so they are stopped from getting guns from legal channels...so they simply get them illegally.....

So you switched from law abiding conceal and carry to drug dealers and felons???? I saw what you did there.
Yes. All the good guys must be punished so as to protect us from the bad guys, because the government can't tell the difference. Too many people have died.
The government did do the background check on my conceal and carry.
Mine, too. They did a background check on a lot of people who went on to commit murder, too.

We need a total and complete shutdown of guns entering Virginia until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

There is an extraordinary influx of hatred & danger coming into Virginia. We must be vigilant!

They did a total check on CCW holders who went on to commit murder? Any link to that by any chance?
VPC: Concealed Carry Killers

Concealed carry killers have killed more Americans than the terrorists. We must ban them all from Virginia!

Vigilance!
You might wanna check into a hospital, and get checked for the ebola virus

Yes. All the good guys must be punished so as to protect us from the bad guys, because the government can't tell the difference. Too many people have died.
The government did do the background check on my conceal and carry.
Mine, too. They did a background check on a lot of people who went on to commit murder, too.

We need a total and complete shutdown of guns entering Virginia until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

There is an extraordinary influx of hatred & danger coming into Virginia. We must be vigilant!

They did a total check on CCW holders who went on to commit murder? Any link to that by any chance?
VPC: Concealed Carry Killers

Concealed carry killers have killed more Americans than the terrorists. We must ban them all from Virginia!

Vigilance!

this is a lie...your first mistake is being a lefty, your second mistake is trusting the Violence Policy Center, they have been caught lying several times...this one is no different...

CPRC at National Review: "Bogus Gun-Control Numbers: To prove that concealed handguns are dangerous, the Violence Policy Center cooks the books" - Crime Prevention Research Center
ruh roh

My opponents whine, "Oh, he's lying!" Tens of thousands of murders every year and they pretend none of them are by people with concealed carry permits! Can you believe these people?

They hate America. They don't care if we all get killed.

We must be vigilant!

My opponents whine, "Oh, he's lying!" Tens of thousands of murders every year and they pretend none of them are by people with concealed carry permits! Can you believe these people?

We must be vigilant!
tens of thousands of murders? Where? Not here that is for sure I believe the last number was less then even one 10 thousand.

We must be vigilant!
tens of thousands of murders? Where? Not here that is for sure I believe the last number was less then even one 10 thousand.
There are 15 to 20 thousand homicides a year in the US.

So far this year, there have been 16,380. And the gun lovers would have you believe none of them were committed by people with conceal carry permits.

Vigilance!

If we get enough liberal judges on the court, one day we may not be able to bear arms. It's something that people should seriously consider when voting for a President.

If that were the case, it would basically outlaw guns for law abiding citizens. The criminals would be festive and celebrate. We would all be at the disadvantage of the criminal element in our society.

If we get enough liberal judges on the court, one day we may not be able to bear arms. It's something that people should seriously consider when voting for a President.

If that were the case, it would basically outlaw guns for law abiding citizens. The criminals would be festive and celebrate. We would all be at the disadvantage of the criminal element in our society.
If we ban Muslims, terrorists would be festive and celebrate.

If we ban Muslims, terrorists would be festive and celebrate.

Now why would they celebrate having more obstacles from getting into this country? That doesn't even make any sense. But keep trying.

I've lived in countries without many guns, I felt safer.

Criminals are not festive in those countries, unless it's Christmas and they're not in prison.

Are people in those countries at a disadvantage? Maybe, but then they're not going to experience more crime, and will experience less murderers.

I guess Virginia doesn't trust other states to keep guns out of the hands of killers.
Virginia doesn't trust ordinary Americans with the right and responsibility to own and carry a gun. They feel that Americans don't deserve that kind of sovereignity.

In other words, they feel that the American dream (to be free from improper govt interference) is unworkable and wrong.

It makes sense to me....

Why should certain people from out of state be able to qualify to conceal carry in Virginia , when Virginia's own citizens with same issues not be allowed to conceal carry?

Because their own state allowed them to...did you forget about gay marriage that all you lefties wanted...same thing genius.....
I don't get what you are trying to say or compare???
Nor does he - or anyone else.

Forum List

Back