🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

here's a clue little one...It's NOT the Governments (us taxpayers) JOB to support all these PEOPLE...
gawd, back in the day people were ASHAMED to admit they sponged off the Government(us taxpayers)...NO DAMN PRIDE left in this country

Well if the taxpayer is going to leave an unwed mother with no other options she will have to choose to abort in order to save the taxpayer the trouble won't she?

hey, they want to kill off their "unwanted" mistake..they can PAY FOR IT themselves. like you all are now worried about children, after 50 million have already been sucked from this country through abortion.

They do pay for it. Republicans made sure no taxpayer dollars would fund abortions. 50 million is a lot of aborted babies. Rather than just bitch about it, Republicans need to support programs that encourage women to keep their babies

Otherwise, they have nothing to complain about.....do they?

Great article:

Why Right-Wingers' Hatred of Modern Women Is Going to Cost Them the Birth Control Battle (and a Whole Lot of Votes)

Conservatives are going wildly off-message when it comes to the fight over contraception.

The rights visceral impulse to shame women for being in control of their own sexuality is so overwhelming that they appear to be totally incapable of maintaining their usual message discipline. That's going to cost them the fight over contraception.

The polling: Overwhelmingly people say employers should provide their workers with insurance that covers birth control. 2-1 said yes. So 66% to 33%.

Rick Santorum, a contender for the Republican presidential nomination, said, “One of the things I will talk about that no president has talked about before is... the dangers of contraception in this country,

Last week, Santorum's fat-cat backer, Foster Fliess, made waves with his comment about how back in his day, “they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn't that costly.” If those women would just keep their legs closed, we wouldn't be having this discussion!

New Hampshire state rep Jeanine Notter, a Tea-Party legislator, claimed that birth control causes prostate cancer, and in Utah, Republican rep Bill Wright sponsored legislation “that would prohibit schools from teaching teens about contraception.”

The claim that this battle has nothing to do with shaming emancipated women simply holds no water at a time when Virginia is poised to become the third state to mandate that women seeking an abortion undergo a painful and invasive procedure compelling them to “see” the fetus they have already chosen to abort. Slate's Dahlia Lithwick noted that “under any other set of facts, that would constitute rape under state law,” but wingnuts like Dana Loesch responded that these women "had no problem having similar to a trans-vaginal procedure when they engaged in the act that resulted in their pregnancy."

Over the past three months pollsters have seen a dramatic, 18-point swing from Romney to Obama among unmarried women, and the president now leads the supposedly “moderate” contender by a stunning 65-30 margin among that group. When it comes to this bizarre fight over contraception, social conservatives are proving to be their party's own worst enemies.

Why Right-Wingers' Hatred of Modern Women Is Going to Cost Them the Birth Control Battle (and a Whole Lot of Votes) | Gender | AlterNet

Fucking laughable. Women who are in control of their own sexuality make sure they don't get pregnant in the first place. With the exception of course of rape and or the occasional birth control failure.

And when women fall under the exception catagory, they sometimes choose to have an abortion. And 66% of Americans agree. And this is going to cost you. I don't know what the right was thinking. They must be desperate because they have over reached this time big time. They could have attacked abortion, but BIRTH CONTROL?

They are going to lose the women vote. Do you think I mind? I fucking love it!!!

so when Obamacare mandates men get a finger shoved up their ass for a prostate check, are they going to call that rape too..:lol:

I hope so...though honestly, that's more akin to rape than what chris is flailing about.

Well if the taxpayer is going to leave an unwed mother with no other options she will have to choose to abort in order to save the taxpayer the trouble won't she?

hey, they want to kill off their "unwanted" mistake..they can PAY FOR IT themselves. like you all are now worried about children, after 50 million have already been sucked from this country through abortion.

They do pay for it. Republicans made sure no taxpayer dollars would fund abortions. 50 million is a lot of aborted babies. Rather than just bitch about it, Republicans need to support programs that encourage women to keep their babies

Otherwise, they have nothing to complain about.....do they?

How much more you all think you can suck the life's blood from the taxpayers of this country? do ANY of you ever plan on taking care of YOURSELVES...or is that a friggen foregin concept in your alls world?

Great article:

Why Right-Wingers' Hatred of Modern Women Is Going to Cost Them the Birth Control Battle (and a Whole Lot of Votes)

Conservatives are going wildly off-message when it comes to the fight over contraception.

The rights visceral impulse to shame women for being in control of their own sexuality is so overwhelming that they appear to be totally incapable of maintaining their usual message discipline. That's going to cost them the fight over contraception.

The polling: Overwhelmingly people say employers should provide their workers with insurance that covers birth control. 2-1 said yes. So 66% to 33%.

Rick Santorum, a contender for the Republican presidential nomination, said, “One of the things I will talk about that no president has talked about before is... the dangers of contraception in this country,

Last week, Santorum's fat-cat backer, Foster Fliess, made waves with his comment about how back in his day, “they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn't that costly.” If those women would just keep their legs closed, we wouldn't be having this discussion!

New Hampshire state rep Jeanine Notter, a Tea-Party legislator, claimed that birth control causes prostate cancer, and in Utah, Republican rep Bill Wright sponsored legislation “that would prohibit schools from teaching teens about contraception.”

The claim that this battle has nothing to do with shaming emancipated women simply holds no water at a time when Virginia is poised to become the third state to mandate that women seeking an abortion undergo a painful and invasive procedure compelling them to “see” the fetus they have already chosen to abort. Slate's Dahlia Lithwick noted that “under any other set of facts, that would constitute rape under state law,” but wingnuts like Dana Loesch responded that these women "had no problem having similar to a trans-vaginal procedure when they engaged in the act that resulted in their pregnancy."

Over the past three months pollsters have seen a dramatic, 18-point swing from Romney to Obama among unmarried women, and the president now leads the supposedly “moderate” contender by a stunning 65-30 margin among that group. When it comes to this bizarre fight over contraception, social conservatives are proving to be their party's own worst enemies.

Why Right-Wingers' Hatred of Modern Women Is Going to Cost Them the Birth Control Battle (and a Whole Lot of Votes) | Gender | AlterNet

Fucking laughable. Women who are in control of their own sexuality make sure they don't get pregnant in the first place. With the exception of course of rape and or the occasional birth control failure.

And when women fall under the exception catagory, they sometimes choose to have an abortion. And 66% of Americans agree. And this is going to cost you. I don't know what the right was thinking. They must be desperate because they have over reached this time big time. They could have attacked abortion, but BIRTH CONTROL?

They are going to lose the women vote. Do you think I mind? I fucking love it!!!

I think you're a hack, but that's irrelevant to the topic.

Probably 90% of abortions would not fall under the result of either rape or birth control failure.

maybe she should of THOUGHT about all that before she laid down for that roll in hay..?
naaa, that would be too much...

That doesn't help her with her decision does it?

She is already pregnant and she has a tough decision to make. Why do conservatives make it harder for her to decide to keep the baby?

there is such a thing called, adoption..but I guess that is too hard on the mothers when they can just have it sucked out in a few minutes.

Yes, adoption is another option. If you are a young, white mother you have a good chance your baby will be adopted. If not, that baby is going to foster care at the taxpayers expense for 21 years

here's a clue little one...It's NOT the Governments (us taxpayers) JOB to support all these PEOPLE...
gawd, back in the day people were ASHAMED to admit they sponged off the Government(us taxpayers)...NO DAMN PRIDE left in this country

If you can't help me raise my kid then you can't force me to have one. Abortion and birth control are necessary.

you want me to help you wipe your ass too?
I hope you never have a kid.

No, but I am an unemployed poor woman with no family to help me. My kid needs diapers and food. Why did you cut off welfare? My kid is going to sleep hungry. I thought you conservatives cared about life? You only care that the child is born. Once he's born, its every man for himself. Survival of the fittest. No safety nets. What a cruel world the GOP want to live in.

More than 90 percent aren't rape.

And many are the result of contraception failure. I thought it was like 40 some odd percent but don't quote me.

If you can't help me raise my kid then you can't force me to have one. Abortion and birth control are necessary.

No, but I am an unemployed poor woman with no family to help me. My kid needs diapers and food. Why did you cut off welfare? My kid is going to sleep hungry. I thought you conservatives cared about life? You only care that the child is born. Once he's born, its every man for himself. Survival of the fittest. No safety nets. What a cruel world the GOP want to live in.

No you don't understand...the LEFT believes in survival of the fittest. That's why they want to kill you now, and your babies before they're born.

You can come to my house, I'll feed you and get you some clothes. My church would set you up in a nice apartment, and furnish it for you.

my my, you poor little helpless thing...ever hear of a thing called a JOB? or like some of do, work two jobs...your little sob story is a joke.

Probably 90% of abortions would not fall under the result of either rape or birth control failure.

90% of the women picketing at abortion clinics have had abortions themselves. And 90% of them, if they had it all to do all over again, would probably do it again.

What makes us think they would not? Sure they feel guilty about it. But they still went through with it.

Now they want to take the choice away from themselves? Now that maybe they are finished with college or now that they are out of poverty. Or now that they are not 18 and their dad would kill them.

Whatever the reason, abortion needs to stay legal and women can have the choice. Just like I can either accept Jesus or not, I should be able to decide for myself if I bring a life into this world.

We're overpopulated as is. Necessary evil.

well, a poor unemployed woman should probably refrain from having unprotected sex. That seems pretty simple.

Oh, and welfare hasn't been cut off, it's been reduced. But for the record, the government isn't required to provide you a safety net, and further a safety net is just that not a way of life.

Great article:

You think this is about birth control?

my my, you poor little helpless thing...ever hear of a thing called a JOB? or like some of do, work two jobs...your little sob story is a joke.

I'm trying to get a job. But right now I need some help. My kid is starving and cold. I need to keep the heat on. Churches aren't solving this problem. I need some government aid, especially in bad times.

But you won't help that baby? So don't try to tell me you care about life. You don't give a shit. Bible thumping hypocrites.

Great article:

You think this is about birth control?
The fearmongering is so insane it's actually funny how stupid it is: "state sponsored rape", "we'll take your Pill away"

Can it get any more idiotic? It's already a great joke.

90% of the women picketing at abortion clinics have had abortions themselves. And 90% of them, if they had it all to do all over again, would probably do it again.

What makes us think they would not? Sure they feel guilty about it. But they still went through with it.

Now they want to take the choice away from themselves? Now that maybe they are finished with college or now that they are out of poverty. Or now that they are not 18 and their dad would kill them.

Whatever the reason, abortion needs to stay legal and women can have the choice. Just like I can either accept Jesus or not, I should be able to decide for myself if I bring a life into this world.

We're overpopulated as is. Necessary evil.

Do you even read before you post? I've made it pretty clear that I favor legal abortion even though I find it repugnant.

But I do thank you for confirming that you are okay with abortion as a birth control method.

I'm trying to get a job. But right now I need some help. My kid is starving and cold. I need to keep the heat on. Churches aren't solving this problem. I need some government aid, especially in bad times.

But you won't help that baby? So don't try to tell me you care about life. You don't give a shit. Bible thumping hypocrites.

Churches will help, liar.

Stop, you're being as dumb as her with her idiotic "get a job".

Forum List

Back