Visions of 08? Stocks down

What did the market do yesterday. My broker just called and let me know I was safe.

9% down in the last 3 weeks. Is this going to become a trend during the election season?

Perfect storm of bad news, Chinese equities markets are a mess, Oil prices dropping like a rock and the Fed raising rates .... it's going to be bumpy for a while that's for sure but a repeat of '08? Can't see that as a likely outcome unless we fall victim to some other catastrophe.

"The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets." -- John D. Rockefeller

9% down in the last 3 weeks. Is this going to become a trend during the election season?

It will be a major issue this year, and will cost someone like Hillary Clinton her nomination.

It could toss the GOP a win if it get bad enough...
A bit early for that prediction but almost 10% in less than a month is unnerving

Never early for a prediction, and I could be wrong.

The Royal Bank of Scotland issued it warning and believe oil could hit as low as sixteen dollars a barrel, and add in China bubble bursting and Iran oil coming online, and the unstable world we live in, the market is going to have a really bad year, but it was going to happen sooner or later...

With that written I believe the GOP can gain from the fall of the Market...

What did the market do yesterday. My broker just called and let me know I was safe.

You'll be safe? Your broker really said that?
Yes, after my great loss from the Nasdaq bubble. he put me in the safest vehicle possible with still getting profits.

Ah OK, right now safe is good...all hell broke loose
You're "safe" as long as neither fear nor greed are making your decisions. ;)

Yes, after my great loss from the Nasdaq bubble. he put me in the safest vehicle possible with still getting profits.

No fear and greed can make you money also. ;)

Buying while they are down. Win.
Haven't you heard all the warnings from high investors and experts?
You mean the "fear! fear! fear!" yammering? Sure. But I'm in it for the long haul....I can afford to wait. Plus, with oil down right now, there is a distinct advantage in a little transaction my family is making.......better now with oil down. Much better.

That is so right. A lesson for all...There is a bull, bear and pig. The pig loses. I was a pig and fully invested in Nasdaq when the bottom fell out.

Forum List

Back