Visions of 08? Stocks down

Buying while they are down. Win.
Haven't you heard all the warnings from high investors and experts?
For every bear, there's a bull out there urging people to buy.

I have no doubt all the right wing propaganda outlets, and their millions of parroting rubes, are hoping for a crash.
You would be dumb enough to believe that. I'm not surprised however
It would be entirely consistent with their past behavior. The rubes never fail to cheer when something bad for America happens while the black guy is in the White House.
And there we have it. The first dumbass to inject RACE into an economic thread. Unbelievable
You're right! That was incredible!

There's no banking meltdown, and instead growth, esp China's, is way down and oil is tanking. It's temporary pain, but buying equities right now is probably unwise. For consumers, neither of these are that bad.
- and oil is tanking ...

oil tanking is hardly a reason for a market correction, unless there is an issue about "There's no banking meltdown" because if the market sees another bank meltdown due to exposure to oil debt there will be a crash the same as 08 ... otherwise the low price of gasoline should be propelling a consumer driven economic expansion ... something is very curious why this market is behaving the way it is.

"you make most of your money in a bear market, you just do not know it at the time." - an old wall street adage.

The best strategy for most folks invested in stocks in their IRA's and 401K's is to stay the course. "Buy and hold" is maligned when the market is falling, but it really does work over the long haul. That being said, the key to being able to "buy and hold" is asset allocation. If the idea of a 50% drop in your account value frightens you, you should hold less equities. Here is a chart to help determine your asset allocation based upon risk tolerance and time horizon.
schwab4.jpg

For every bear, there's a bull out there urging people to buy.

I have no doubt all the right wing propaganda outlets, and their millions of parroting rubes, are hoping for a crash.
You would be dumb enough to believe that. I'm not surprised however
It would be entirely consistent with their past behavior. The rubes never fail to cheer when something bad for America happens while the black guy is in the White House.
And there we have it. The first dumbass to inject RACE into an economic thread. Unbelievable
I have injected some reality. Sorry about that.
Naw, you're just projecting your ignorance

Yeah.. considering Obama is jut as much white as he is black. If you can't defend the man's policies, well, just call his detractors racist.

The best strategy for most folks invested in stocks in their IRA's and 401K's is to stay the course. "Buy and hold" is maligned when the market is falling, but it really does work over the long haul. That being said, the key to being able to "buy and hold" is asset allocation. If the idea of a 50% drop in your account value frightens you, you should hold less equities. Here is a chart to help determine your asset allocation based upon risk tolerance and time horizon.
schwab4.jpg
That doesn't always make sense.

Forum List

Back