Voice of the Martyrs

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Persecution.com

"You are not far away, my friends. You are not. If you are a Christian, you will suffer. That is the gospel. So, pray for the brother and sister around the world, for the suffering around the world, because one day you will need them, you will need their voice.
I know they will be there praying for you when the time comes."
- VOM National Contact

Iran:
Christ dramatically changed the life of “Hussein,” (name changed for security reasons) a former Muslim in Iran. Once he had been a drug addict planning his own death, but now he was an on-fire believer in Christ who quit his job to pursue full-time ministry in the underground church. He was assigned to “shadow” a Christian couple in their ministry work as he learned and grew in his calling.

At one of the first houses they visited, the daughter in the house began to weep as soon as she saw the three Christians standing outside her door. They couldn’t understand her response, wondering if she’d just suffered some great tragedy or if in some way they had offended her.

Through tears she explained: she had wanted to see Jesus in her dreams. And just that week she finally had a dream in which Christ appeared to her. And in the dream Christ led her to a table and invited her to sit down with the three people at the table. And now, only hours later, those same three people—whom she had never met before—were knocking on her door!

Click link then go to news room link and see story on Iran - "Hussein"..
http://www.persecution.com/

Last edited:
Pray for Christian Villagers - see prayer link here ------------> http://www.persecution.com/

“Those Christians have to renounce their faith! Otherwise, more people will die,” was what a witch doctor told a remote community in Laos. In March 2013 two evangelists brought the Gospel message to three Hmong and Khmu villages located nearly three hours from modern transportation. As a result, 178 people received Christ and 18 were baptized. Less than a month later, three men died in a series of unrelated deaths. One was given the wrong medicine, one died in his sleep, and the third was accidentally electrocuted while trying to run a cable line. The shaken community consulted with a witch doctor who concluded that the strange new religion brought to the village had angered their ancestors. He said the Christians should renounce their faith or leave the village or more people would die. The community leader told the believers to renounce their faith. So far, all of them remain committed, but they may soon be forced out of the village.

Devotional: If You Love Me

“For me the issue has been settled. The Lord called me to reach out to my people and I have to. So whether they are killing me, I will still love them with the love of God. I do not see them as my enemies because they killed my son. I have forgiven them because they do not have Christ and that is all they can think at their level.”

These are the words of Reverend P, a pastor in Northern Nigeria whose son was murdered by the militant Muslim group, Boko Haram. Reverend P had received threats from Boko Haram because of his Christian faith and ministry. One day while his son was out walking they attacked him, cutting him to pieces with machetes.

I don’t know about you, but it’s easy to find Rev. P’s response of love and forgiveness astounding. Oftentimes, we like to talk about how much we love God. Love makes us feel good. But love isn’t just kindness and good feelings. God’s love is fierce. It’s jealous, unyielding and all consuming, in a pure and holy way. God’s love for us caused him to give up what he held most dear, his son Jesus Christ. And that same love asks much of us in return.

How do we show God that we love him beyond just giving lip service? The Bible says “If you love me, you will obey my commands” (John 14:15). If we can show God we love him through obedience to commands then that begs the question, which commands?

to read the full story go to newsroom on this link------------------->http://www.persecution.com/

Last edited:
There are alot more martyrs out there than we realize.

That is true, Avatar. The world media does not report these type of stories often. It is up to those who learn about these stories to share them with others because the western church is under the illusion they will never suffer. For Christians who have never been to a 10/40 window nation or communicated with those who live in these nations - they do not understand what it is to suffer for Christ. Jesus commanded us to love our enemies to pray for those who persecute us.....you read above about the man whose son was hacked to death by machete wielding men and he prays for them and forgives them, this is the gospel and this is the truth. We are commanded to love but if we are not even willing to obey Jesus and keep his commandments then we should not be surprised that many are not going to feel love towards those who are persecuting them or their children with instruments of death.. this is where the trouble begins for the western church who is expecting a rapture -not martyrdom. It is a sad fact that much of the church in America is not ready for the persecution that is about to break out here.

Last edited:
Devotional: If You Love Me

“For me the issue has been settled. The Lord called me to reach out to my people and I have to. So whether they are killing me, I will still love them with the love of God. I do not see them as my enemies because they killed my son. I have forgiven them because they do not have Christ and that is all they can think at their level.”

These are the words of Reverend P, a pastor in Northern Nigeria whose son was murdered by the militant Muslim group, Boko Haram. Reverend P had received threats from Boko Haram because of his Christian faith and ministry. One day while his son was out walking they attacked him, cutting him to pieces with machetes.

I don’t know about you, but it’s easy to find Rev. P’s response of love and forgiveness astounding. Oftentimes, we like to talk about how much we love God. Love makes us feel good. But love isn’t just kindness and good feelings. God’s love is fierce. It’s jealous, unyielding and all consuming, in a pure and holy way. God’s love for us caused him to give up what he held most dear, his son Jesus Christ. And that same love asks much of us in return.

How do we show God that we love him beyond just giving lip service? The Bible says “If you love me, you will obey my commands” (John 14:15). If we can show God we love him through obedience to commands then that begs the question, which commands?

to read the full story go to newsroom on this link------------------->Persecution.com

Avatar, isn't it amazing that this Rev. P. understands that he must obey Jesus and keep his commandments whereas the church in America which used to send out missionaries to these nations does not teach this anymore? Perhaps they need to come here and preach the gospel to us so that the church can return to the Truth of God's Word! Oh! What a sad day for the church in America!

North Korea Testimony:
“Mrs. Kim” has a strong calling to reach North Koreans for Christ. Earlier, she felt the Lord leading her to the Netherlands. At first, she had no desire to go and no real idea what kind of work she’d do there. But she wanted to obey. She planned a trip for the early summer and planned to work with North Korean refugees. She would use many of the training techniques she learned in a VOM-supported evangelism and discipleship school. She raised funds for her trip and booked her flight.

But sometimes, things don’t work out as we plan. Her contacts who promised to meet her never met up with her. When she called, they insisted they weren’t able to help, even though earlier they had agreed to do so. The reasons for this probably lie in the deeply engrained patterns of distrust of others that North Koreans are indoctrinated with. Often it takes years of work to overcome these patterns.

Another reason why Mrs. Kim’s contacts were hesitant to meet with her is that they feared possible retributions for their families back in North Korea, if they got involved in Christian work. They also fear that the government may punish their families more severely if they permit their names to be exposed, or their stories to be shared.

But Mrs. Kim still sees God’s work in her journey. “There was a great purpose and providence of God even though my mission trip ended in failure,” she said. Because she saw first-hand the situation that refugees in the Netherlands live in, she’s able to share with her friends and relatives in North Korea the reality that refugees face. And she continues to share Christ’s love with them, in hope that they will someday know a freedom that supersedes geographic boundaries.

http://www.persecution.com/ <-------------------Testimonies of the Believers.. newsroom link..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back