Voter ID and driver's license office closures black-out Alabama's Black Belt

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's website says their office at the Clarke County Courthouse is still open, but soon a lot of others nearby won't be. On Wednesday, the agency announced that it would close 31 offices throughout the state, leaving 29 counties without a place where 16-year-olds can take a driver's test, whether they pass on the first try or not.

That's an inconvenience.

But there's something bigger happening here.

In 2011, Alabama lawmakers approved the state's voter ID law, making it illegal to vote in Alabama without a government-issued photo ID.

For most folks, that's a driver's license.

ahh. A conspiracy.....Oy vey...

I have to drive over twenty miles to get to my nearest DL office and I live in the 4th largest city in the country.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. HOW can that be. they be racist and bigots

I want my white privilege!!!!

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's website says their office at the Clarke County Courthouse is still open, but soon a lot of others nearby won't be. On Wednesday, the agency announced that it would close 31 offices throughout the state, leaving 29 counties without a place where 16-year-olds can take a driver's test, whether they pass on the first try or not.

That's an inconvenience.

In 2011, Alabama lawmakers approved the state's voter ID law, making it illegal to vote in Alabama without a government-issued photo ID.

The "Black Belt?"....Umm the proposed closures are scattered throughout the state...
hey, next time you want to stir up a shit storm, use a news item rather than an opinion piece written by some conspiracy theory angry liberal......
Troll thread, for sure.
BTW, what the fuck do you care. You live in New York.. Guaranteed 10 million lockstep liberal votes..

That's an inconvenience.

ahh. A conspiracy.....Oy vey...

I have to drive over twenty miles to get to my nearest DL office and I live in the 4th largest city in the country.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. HOW can that be. they be racist and bigots

You can't until Obama is gone. don't ya know? :ack-1:

That's an inconvenience.

A student ID and a passport will work. Schools provide student IDs and the post office provides passports.

If no one is paying taxes how can they pay government employees?

I have always had to drive 20 miles to the dmv. And I don't live in a rural area.
Same here. The ones close in to the urban centers are crowded shit holes. I deliberately drive 35 miles to the dmv. I'm in and out in 20 minutes.

Some here would never make it where I lived in Alaska. 80miles from Fairbanks. in winter had to go once a month at 50 below zero for groceries. 160 MILES ROUND TRIP

I can't take wussies
If the rest of the country lived in the same conditions, then they would adapt their lifestyle accordingly. It has nothing to do with wussiness.

It's called civilization.
We ALL live with inconvenience. Its a fact of life.

That's an inconvenience.

The GOP gotta keep the darkies down somehow...
Sorry most counties in Alabama vote democrat. So they own this.

Because its not about party, its about whites silly
Ahh bullshit......

Some here would never make it where I lived in Alaska. 80miles from Fairbanks. in winter had to go once a month at 50 below zero for groceries. 160 MILES ROUND TRIP

I can't take wussies
If the rest of the country lived in the same conditions, then they would adapt their lifestyle accordingly. It has nothing to do with wussiness.

It's called civilization.
We ALL live with inconvenience. Its a fact of life.

these people would have never survived the 1800-early1900's
sheesh

Funny you should mention that.
Me and a buddy were having a discussion on what blacks will do when he's gone.
Will the BLM a-holes continue with their BS? Will the riots stop?
The ambush killing of cops?
If things go back to normal,I'd say it's a good indicator that obama is indeed at fault for all the racial unrest.
Going to be interesting.

Several things going on:

1. Voter ID requirement.
2. Making ID harder to get.
3. Limiting the number of polling stations and shortening the time to vote.

These are deliberate attempts to disenfranchise democracy.

Dont interrupt them they are concentrating now on their drive time to and from DMV's to compare with people who dont drive at all.

Disconnect in action
Wah wah wah.......If one wants to obtain an ID badly enough, they will find a way to get it done. No excuses. No crying.

That's an inconvenience.

A student ID and a passport will work. Schools provide student IDs and the post office provides passports.

I have always had to drive 20 miles to the dmv. And I don't live in a rural area.

When I lived on the other side of town, I had to drive at least 20 minutes to get to BMV. Now I moved to place where one is in the center of town.

But seriously, people demand government supply a service.... government doesn't have infinite funds, and Alabama is one of the poorest states.... and then they act like the lack of unlimited services is a conspiracy to keep black people down?

The largest city is Birmingham. 73% black. You are telling me there are no DMVs in Birmingham? Or Montgomery? 53% black. Or Mobile, or Tuscaloosa, or Huntsville??

Just did a google maps search for DMV in Birmingham Alabama. Sure looks like quite a few there.

These people..... Just make up whatever moronic crap they can.

and they're whining over a DMV closing and that means the end of the world

I can't take wussies

:lol:

Yeah, you're so tough that two boys holding hands just ruins your whole existence.

If things go back to normal,I'd say it's a good indicator that obama is indeed at fault for all the racial unrest.
Going to be interesting.

Good questions. time will tell. But he's up in there stirring all this up. don't think it wasn't planned. who does it help to keep chaos going? think about that?

Several things going on:

1. Voter ID requirement.

Dont interrupt them they are concentrating now on their drive time to and from DMV's to compare with people who dont drive at all.

Disconnect in action
Wah wah wah.......If one wants to obtain an ID badly enough, they will find a way to get it done. No excuses. No crying.

Of course they will, what is this Theater of the Obvious?

That's an inconvenience.

When I lived on the other side of town, I had to drive at least 20 minutes to get to BMV. Now I moved to place where one is in the center of town.

But seriously, people demand government supply a service.... government doesn't have infinite funds, and Alabama is one of the poorest states.... and then they act like the lack of unlimited services is a conspiracy to keep black people down?

The largest city is Birmingham. 73% black. You are telling me there are no DMVs in Birmingham? Or Montgomery? 53% black. Or Mobile, or Tuscaloosa, or Huntsville??

Just did a google maps search for DMV in Birmingham Alabama. Sure looks like quite a few there.

These people..... Just make up whatever moronic crap they can.

So you're experience here is that you googled and it looks like a bunch there. Welp, thats the end of that debate. :rofl:

Going to be interesting.
The stupid idiot BLM movement is planning on disrupting teh marathon in Minneapolis this weekend. The city authorities have a plan in place so that the event will go as planned and any interruption will be deemed an illegal act.
These BLM people are too stupid and too caught up in their own self importance and sense of entitlement to realize they are destroying their case.

Several things going on:

1. Voter ID requirement.

Disconnect in action
What are they, a hermit? They don't have any friends or family that drive?

Forum List

Back