Voter ID: How about this?

Ronald Reagan: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me."

Yeah. I'm feeling you, Ron. Except it is the Republican Party that has left the reservation this time.

You're as convincing with this line as Jake Starkey is when he pulls his "I'm a Republcan" schtick.

Florida requires a photo ID to vote. Does that stop fraud? Nope.

FEMA official charged in voter fraud case

According to the charging affidavit, Pawlowski signed a voter registration form in which he reported his legal address in St. Augustine Beach and voted by absentee ballot in the general election in November 2010, the presidential primary in January 2012, and the general election last November.

Voter ID never even slowed this guy down!

Top staffer for Florida Democratic Rep. Garcia resigns amid voting fraud probe

Authorities are investigating a sophisticated scheme to manipulate last year's primary elections by submitting hundreds of fraudulent absentee-ballot requests.

I want you to notice that is a Fox News story.

Fox News has been one of the leading propagandists for Voter ID. Isn't it funny they are not pointing out the failure of Voter ID to prevent or stop voter fraud?

Hmmmmm...

Let's go to South Dakota which has one of the strictest Voter ID laws in the country.

Mitchell man arrested on charge of voter fraud

The Daily Republic reports that Craig Guymon was arrested on charges of voter fraud. Police say Guymon voted Tuesday morning at the Mitchell Career and Technical Education Academy and later returned an absentee ballot to the Davison Auditor's Office.

Let's move on to Georgia, which also has some of the oldest and strictest voter ID laws in the country, shall we?

12 former officials indicted for voter fraud

12 former Brooks County officials were indicted for voter fraud. The suspects are accused of illegally helping people vote by absentee ballot.

And then there is every Voter ID proponent's favorite, cited in quite a few Voter ID topics by Voter ID proponents, Melowese Richardson: Ohioan gets 5-year prison term for illegal voting

She was convicted of voting twice in the 2012 election and voting three times — in 2008, 2011 and 2012 — for her sister, Montez Richardson, who has been in a coma since 2003.

Bad news: She voted for Obama.

Worse news: Ohio has had Voter ID since 2006. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

I could go on all day with more examples from all around the country in states that have photo ID laws.

And the frauds will continue. Anyone with a lick of common sense can see the complete ineffectiveness of Voter ID for the kind of ACTUAL fraud which occurs.

In-person voter fraud is as rare as hen's teeth. Most fraud is not slowed down in the slightest by Voter ID.

Is Fox News or the Washington Times or Rush Limbaugh or CNS News or Breitbart or the Daily Caller or Glenn Beck or Alex Jones reporting on the catastropic failure of Voter ID to prevent fraud? Are they devoting as much air and print time to this fact as they do to bloviate for Voter ID?

Hmmmm...

Do we have a number yet? How many illegal votes to ensure Hagen wins?

Probably need about 8 trunk loads of "forgotten" ballot boxes stashed at various locations around the state to insure victory.
We need a number. How many fraudulent ballots?

In whose names are they going to cast those (tens of) thousands of fraudulent votes? Why won't the real voters whose names they are using notice someone else has voted in their names?

How big an army of fraudsters will be required to pull this off?

Cripes we're still at this bullshit that voter ID isn't necessary.

South Africa demands voter ID. Honduras demands voter ID. I'm sick of the argument that American minorities would be disenfranchised by requiring ID to vote.

Basically Democrats are claiming that American minorities are the biggest dumb fucks on the planet because they can't get it together enough to procure identification.

What an insult!

democrats view election fraud as their sacred right.

Simple as that.

Look bitch I busted your ass out in the other thread, now if you insist we will do it again ................

HOW DO YOU QUANTIFY SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN PREVENTED??

HOW MANY PREGNANCIES HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY CONDOMS??

THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING BUT WE CAN EXTRAPOLATE BASED ON STATISTICS ......................

Comrade G50000

{
Krebs on Security, a blog that first reported the news, said that breach involved nearly all Target outlets in the United States, citing sources at two credit card issuers.

The breach could have extended from just after Thanksgiving to December 15, Krebs said, citing evidence from investigators.}

Target victim of major credit card breach Reuters

Because showing ID with the credit card did not stop this fraud, you will be demanding that all U.S. retailers stop checking ID for credit card purchases, nyet?

Sounds pretty fucking stupid when viewed objectively, doesn't it?

Look bitch I busted your ass out in the other thread, now if you insist we will do it again ................

HOW DO YOU QUANTIFY SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN PREVENTED??

You do that by showing how many crimes occurred before and after. So go ahead. Show us.

HOW MANY PREGNANCIES HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY CONDOMS??

Funny you should ask. I have pointed out in abortion topics that half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during the sex act which led to the unwanted pregnancy. By increasing the proper and consistent use of birth control, we should see a reduction in unwanted pregnancies, and therefore a reduction in the number of abortions.

Before...and after.

Simple.

THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING BUT WE CAN EXTRAPOLATE BASED ON STATISTICS ......................

Show us those statistics then.

And by the way, your caps lock is on.

Comrade G50000

{
Krebs on Security, a blog that first reported the news, said that breach involved nearly all Target outlets in the United States, citing sources at two credit card issuers.

The breach could have extended from just after Thanksgiving to December 15, Krebs said, citing evidence from investigators.}

Target victim of major credit card breach Reuters

Because showing ID with the credit card did not stop this fraud, you will be demanding that all U.S. retailers stop checking ID for credit card purchases, nyet?

Sounds pretty fucking stupid when viewed objectively, doesn't it?
It can be demonstrated that showing an ID does stop some types of identity theft which occur. It cannot be demonstrated that showing an ID stops any types of voter fraud which occur.

And I am not the one who has been providing all the examples of voter fraud on these forums. Voter ID proponents like you have been working hard at posting examples of absentee voter fraud and poll worker fraud as proof we need Voter ID. So don't blame me if we keep being shown examples of fraud which cannot be stopped by Voter ID as evidence for Voter ID.

That has been my point all these years.

Get it now?

So let's go. How many fraudulent ballots to ensure a Hagen victory?

In whose names are they going to cast those (tens of) thousands of fraudulent votes? Why won't the real voters whose names they are using notice someone else has voted in their names?

How big an army of fraudsters will be required to pull this off?

It can be demonstrated that showing an ID does stop some types of identity theft which occur. It cannot be demonstrated that showing an ID stops any types of voter fraud which occur.

Here's an idea. Let's try this experiment and then 50 years from now we can assess the outcome and if you are correct, I'll admit it and you can rest knowing you won an argument on the internet.

The only proof for Voter ID is in the head of the credulous believer in it. The desire to believe Voter ID actually accomplishes something is so powerful that the belief overrides reality itself. We know this because of the endless examples of fraud the Voter ID proponents have posted which cannot be stopped by Voter ID.

They seem to believe that posting a case of absentee ballot fraud proves we need Voter ID!

They seem to believe that posting a case of poll worker fraud proves we need Voter ID!

They seem to believe a 40+ year old case of mail in registration fraud that was solved by taking away mail in registrations proves we need Voter ID!

Astonishing.

Here's an idea. Let's try this experiment and then 50 years from now we can assess the outcome and if you are correct, I'll admit it and you can rest knowing you won an argument on the internet.
We don't have to wait 50 years. I just posted several cases of fraud which were perpetrated in Voter ID states.

They were all examples of absentee ballot fraud, and other such frauds which Voter ID proponents have claimed would be stopped by Voter ID. I even provided Melowese Richardson for you, a favorite "proof" of Voter ID proponents.

So thank you. I did indeed win this argument. A long time ago.

That's a blatant lie.

Of course voter ID stops a great deal of fraud, in specific proxy voting, where illegals or party operatives vote on behalf of dead voters or those who have moved and not been removed from voter roles. Which is why you democrats fight any move to purge registration roles - I believe your party went to the Supreme Court to keep the dead from being purged in Florida - democrats demand election fraud.

ID doesn't stop all fraud in either case - but you apply different standards to credit cards, because you are not invested in ensuring credit card fraud continue unobstructed.

And I am not the one who has been providing all the examples of voter fraud on these forums. Voter ID proponents like you have been working hard at posting examples of absentee voter fraud and poll worker fraud as proof we need Voter ID. So don't blame me if we keep being shown examples of fraud which cannot be stopped by Voter ID as evidence for Voter ID.

That has been my point all these years.

Get it now?

We all get it, you view election fraud as the sacred right of your party, and will say or do anything to continue that fraud unobstructed.

Proxy fraud is the most difficult to catch and stop - unless ID is used - which is why you fight ID.

We don't have to wait 50 years. I just posted several cases of fraud which were perpetrated in Voter ID states.

They were all examples of absentee ballot fraud, and other such frauds which Voter ID proponents have claimed would be stopped by Voter ID. I even provided Melowese Richardson for you, a favorite "proof" of Voter ID proponents.

So thank you. I did indeed win this argument. A long time ago.

You don't win any argument, moron.

Look, our courts have a conviction rate for rape of 1 conviction per 4,000 men. See, we have no rape problem despite all the cries from female victims who say they've been raped, so we need to roll back all sorts of anti-rape initiatives because they're no rape problem, as the conviction rate shows.

How can voter fraud be detected when crime-apologists like you work to prevent the means of detecting the voter fraud?

G5000 the only thing I can come away with from your arguments is that we need no identification for anything at anytime.

Because identification will not stop fraud.

That's as whacked out as can be.

Will she have to go through a Republican who is trying to prevent her from voting?

Sorry granny, but you need signed affidavits from tree people who saw your birth. Voting is serious business and we have to be careful

I have not seen ONE SINGLE requirement she would have had the slightest problem meeting. The only one I know who might need to track anything down would be my wife, who does not have and cannot get her birth certificate. (She was born in Cuba.)

Having to have a government photo issued ID does not and will NOT STOP any illegal voting, if they got registered by the State, in the FIRST PLACE.
That's a different issue and has no bearing on the discussion at hand.

Requiring an ID at the poll allows the state to verify that the person at the poll is who he claims to be.

So, what argument do you have against the suggestions in the OP?

How do you verify the identity of a mail in vote?

Can we have one strict ID system and one that only requires a signature?

Solution: eliminate mail-in ballots except for military members. Ballots for members of the armed forces should be required to be delivered to, completed, sealed, and mailed in the presence of no less than two officers or attorneys, who would be required to swear to same under penalties of perjury. Anyone else needs to vote absentee, go to City Hall, show ID, fill out a ballot, the clerk seals it, it goes into a safe until Election Day.

Last edited:
Every one of you that wants a mandatory Gvt issued photo id in order to vote, believe in having a National ID card and would accept this without the blink of an eye....

I AM NOT ONE OF THEM....never have been, never will be.... THAT'S where I stand.

No matter how many times you screech that, it is STILL A FUCKING LIE!

Two options, neither necessarily to the exclusion of the other:

If you do not have or cannot afford (scoff) a state-issued picture ID....

1: Register to vote, get your picture taken. That picture goes into a database, similar to that of the BMV, if not the same one. When you show up to vote w/ your state issued photo ID. the poll workers go to the database, check you against the picture in the database, and then give you a ballot. If there is any question among the poll workers, you get a provisional ballot to be verified later.

2: Register to vote, get your thumbprint scanned. When you show up to vote w/o your state-issued picture ID,. you run your thumb over the scanner and given a green/red light to vote. A red light might be an error, so you cast a provisional ballot to be verified later.

This eliminates any cost to or burden on a low-income voter and therefore eliminates any argument regarding discrimination against same for political purposes.

What say ye?
Good ideas...but how de po folk gonna git to de place fo da picture or da finger print...got no cah got no gas...yo

Forum List

Back