Voting by Mail is secure

If voting by mail is secure then why does the USPS and countless other experts strongly advise people not to send cash in the mail?

Hmmmmmm.....

Maybe because cash is far more desirable than a ballot.
Hey, who let logic in this thread?
It depends to whom? If a mailman is a radical he may just burn them?
Then drop it off yourself.

This doesn't have to be difficult.
I am OK with that...but how do you police that?
What do you mean specifically? I don't want to make assumptions.
How do you police that someone who gets their ballot actually walks to the designated location and drops it in vs. leaving it for a mailman.

If voting by mail is secure then why does the USPS and countless other experts strongly advise people not to send cash in the mail?

Hmmmmmm.....

I think all mail in ballots are compared to a signature from the registration aren't they?
IDK....you tell me. And if you increase that # 100x then how do you have enough people to count?

Hmmmmmm.....

I can think of like.....uh....one case like that.

Voting by mail is not new...some states have had no-excuse vote by mail for ages. Other's may or may not offer it, really, they need to make the choice that considers: electoral integrity, public health, accessibility.

Covid restrictions in densely populated areas would likely mean people in long lines (if they are even willing) waiting to vote and/or polls closing before everyone can vote. There are already issues with reduced polling places in some areas that have caused problems, with reduction in early voting. Voting is too important to disenfranchise anyone.

So...let's say you open more polling places? Who's going to staff them? Who's going to staff existing ones? In my area at least, it's all little old civic minded ladies. And they will be the most vulnerable to covid.

If we are so worried about mail in voting...why not look at the places that have had it for years...how has that gone? Do what they do...or...if there were problems, fix them. But people need to be able to vote and feel safe doing so. Disease is no different than vandals hovering around the polls.
Five states do purely vote by mail I am OK with it in other states if the voters request the ballots and verify their data. Not sure why that triggers people.

Kinda confused by your examples - one was a false claimed, said to be a joke. , two are actually the same incident (WV), the others occurred in primaries and perhaps something can be learned from that to improve the general election in those areas that are offering it. Ideally - offering both mail in (if they choose) or going to polls (if they choose) would be best.
Why not just allow in person with ID and if you don't feel safe or are out of the area you request one? Why is that do difficult?

Hmmmmmm.....

I can think of like.....uh....one case like that.

Voting by mail is not new...some states have had no-excuse vote by mail for ages. Other's may or may not offer it, really, they need to make the choice that considers: electoral integrity, public health, accessibility.

Covid restrictions in densely populated areas would likely mean people in long lines (if they are even willing) waiting to vote and/or polls closing before everyone can vote. There are already issues with reduced polling places in some areas that have caused problems, with reduction in early voting. Voting is too important to disenfranchise anyone.

So...let's say you open more polling places? Who's going to staff them? Who's going to staff existing ones? In my area at least, it's all little old civic minded ladies. And they will be the most vulnerable to covid.

If we are so worried about mail in voting...why not look at the places that have had it for years...how has that gone? Do what they do...or...if there were problems, fix them. But people need to be able to vote and feel safe doing so. Disease is no different than vandals hovering around the polls.
Five states do purely vote by mail I am OK with it in other states if the voters request the ballots and verify their data. Not sure why that triggers people.

Kinda confused by your examples - one was a false claimed, said to be a joke. , two are actually the same incident (WV), the others occurred in primaries and perhaps something can be learned from that to improve the general election in those areas that are offering it. Ideally - offering both mail in (if they choose) or going to polls (if they choose) would be best.
and the first one was a rural carrier....whole different thing than a city carrier.....just sayin...

And why would he do that? He'd be risking a serious prison sentence for a single fraudulent vote?

This simply is not a problem in this nation. Please admit that your end game is to suppress the vote.
Lots of criminals take big risks for relatively small rewards. The prisons are filled with them.

There would be little need for mail in ballots for the majority of the population IF there were enough polling places in all neighborhoods, and enough hours to avoid long lines.
What could be more important than Americans being able to vote for elected officials.

Hmmmmmm.....

How do you police that someone who gets their ballot actually walks to the designated location and drops it in vs. leaving it for a mailman.
I still don't understand the question. What type of regulation are we "policing"? Walking to a ballot box or leaving with the mailman accomplish the same goal, ballot gets to the right location. Poll workers check signature and if it matches, count the ballot.

The inability of supposedly Intelligent people to grasp the simple fact that no ballot is counted until it has been verified is a wonder to behold.

There is no rational argument against sending every registered voter a ballot in the mail. It simply gives the electorate more options for casting votes.

This thread is just fucking stupid.
You are stupid. Unless a system is set up to count ballots and to QV the process, major errors may and will occur. Why are you here? You show up randomly and post stupid shit. You’re the epitome of a troll. Why do you find it so unnerving that IDs should be required and if you want a mail in ballot one should request.

Defund the Police...that’s the Democrats moniker. If you support it, the least you can do is put some effort into voting for it, you dumb fat leftist.

ID’s are required in order to register to vote. Only registered voters get ballots. There has been no impactful voter fraud in mail in ballots or in person voting in this nation.

More people voting is good. Period.
In MA, IDs are not required. I registered my wife and myself via the annual census.

This is a supposed GENIUS who believes that it is possible to register to vote without providing ID. Awesome.
Again, mine was done via census. Maybe initially I had to provide something. I don't recall. When I walk in and vote no one asks for my ID so my dad can walk in, give my address and vote as me.

And why would he do that? He'd be risking a serious prison sentence for a single fraudulent vote?

This simply is not a problem in this nation. Please admit that your end game is to suppress the vote.
How would he get caught? We have 80 year olds asking me what street I live on and then giving me a ballot.

He would get caught easily. Signature match. And....WTF are you talking about? Nobody is handing out ballots like that.

Hmmmmmm.....

I still don't understand the question. What type of regulation are we "policing"? Walking to a ballot box or leaving with the mailman accomplish the same goal, ballot gets to the right location. Poll workers check signature and if it matches, count the ballot.
How will they check it when the number of ballots increases 100 fold?

The inability of supposedly Intelligent people to grasp the simple fact that no ballot is counted until it has been verified is a wonder to behold.

There is no rational argument against sending every registered voter a ballot in the mail. It simply gives the electorate more options for casting votes.

You are stupid. Unless a system is set up to count ballots and to QV the process, major errors may and will occur. Why are you here? You show up randomly and post stupid shit. You’re the epitome of a troll. Why do you find it so unnerving that IDs should be required and if you want a mail in ballot one should request.

Defund the Police...that’s the Democrats moniker. If you support it, the least you can do is put some effort into voting for it, you dumb fat leftist.

ID’s are required in order to register to vote. Only registered voters get ballots. There has been no impactful voter fraud in mail in ballots or in person voting in this nation.

In MA, IDs are not required. I registered my wife and myself via the annual census.

This is a supposed GENIUS who believes that it is possible to register to vote without providing ID. Awesome.
Again, mine was done via census. Maybe initially I had to provide something. I don't recall. When I walk in and vote no one asks for my ID so my dad can walk in, give my address and vote as me.

How would he get caught? We have 80 year olds asking me what street I live on and then giving me a ballot.

He would get caught easily. Signature match. And....WTF are you talking about? Nobody is handing out ballots like that.
What signatures? I didn't sign anything?

And it is a double edged sword. I can challenge every signature for a candidate I dislike and hold up the results. It is subjective and many signatures are messy. Happened to my brother in law in a neighboring town in MA for a recall election they are having. When I vote in person my ballot goes into the counter as I put it in there. Again, I wish they would ask me for my ID.

And it is a double edged sword. I can challenge every signature for a candidate I dislike and hold up the results. It is subjective and many signatures are messy. Happened to my brother in law in a neighboring town in MA for a recall election they are having. When I vote in person my ballot goes into the counter as I put it in there. Again, I wish they would ask me for my ID.

You sign the ballot. Your signature is on file. It must match.

Hmmmmmm.....

Ballots aren't going to increase 100 fold. The only thing that changes is where the ballots are received. Poll workers check the signature whether you vote by mail or in person. Did you ever question how poll workers are going to check signatures at polling places on election day? Of course not.

You sign the ballot. Your signature is on file. It must match.
Then things like this happen and its in a small town in MA. It is too messy IMO. Cleaner to have people vote in person or REQUEST absentee ballots.

Hmmmmmm.....

Ballots aren't going to increase 100 fold. The only thing that changes is where the ballots are received. Poll workers check the signature whether you vote by mail or in person. Did you ever question how poll workers are going to check signatures at polling places on election day? Of course not.
No they don't. I didn't sign anything when I voted. I checked off some boxes and went on my way. What the hell are you talking about?

Hmmmmmm.....

No they don't. I didn't sign anything when I voted. I checked off some boxes and went on my way. What the hell are you talking about?

That's how it's done in my state, but if you don't sign the book in Massachusetts, then in person voting is may be even less secure than mail in.

Hmmmmmm.....

That's how it's done in my state, but if you don't sign the book in Massachusetts, then in person voting is may be even less secure than mail in.
Some old person checks off your name. I don't sign anything.

Forum List

Back