Voting by Mail is secure

Postal Worker's union endorsed Joe Headroom.

I'm sure everything will be totally on the up-and-up at each and every one of the thousands of post offices around the nation. :rolleyes:

Truthfully, I don't think the APWU's endorsement has much effect one way or another. Like most unions, their decisions on such matters have nothing whatsoever to do with the members. The union leaders make those decisions based on their own preferences and motivations. Members are just there to pay dues and do as they're told. And when I worked for the USPS, most of the employees weren't union members at all. There wasn't much reason to be, since the APWU was required to represent all postal workers, membership or not.

You have a lot more to worry about from individual workers who are either careless or corrupt.

A question for the right wing experts on mail-in voting fraud. On a percentage basis, what percent of the billions of ballots sent in by mail over the decades were fraudulent?

A question for the left-wing deniers. If you can't document every crime committed, does that mean they didn't happen?

Mailed ballots are vulnerable to fraud. Any child with a functioning brain could see that. "You can't prove every time that it's happened, so that means it never happened at all!" is a pointless argument, because why leave open the possibility?

The US Postal Inspectors arrested 2500 people for mail theft in 2018. Likewise, they had 441 convictions for mail fraud in 2018. Those are just the ones they caught. As with all crimes, they know far more people are doing it than they've caught. Why do you want to make your vote vulnerable to that?

If voting by mail is secure then why does the USPS and countless other experts strongly advise people not to send cash in the mail?

Hmmmmmm.....
Sending cash in the mail has never been a good idea...Now if it is certified mail with insurance I would and have what about a check in the mail, hell I get them every month with no problemo...

That whooshing noise is the point going right over your head . . . again.

If voting by mail is secure then why does the USPS and countless other experts strongly advise people not to send cash in the mail?

Hmmmmmm.....

Maybe because cash is far more desirable than a ballot.
Hey, who let logic in this thread?
It depends to whom? If a mailman is a radical he may just burn them?
Then drop it off yourself.

This doesn't have to be difficult.
I am OK with that...but how do you police that?
What do you mean specifically? I don't want to make assumptions.
How do you police that someone who gets their ballot actually walks to the designated location and drops it in vs. leaving it for a mailman.
I still don't understand the question. What type of regulation are we "policing"? Walking to a ballot box or leaving with the mailman accomplish the same goal, ballot gets to the right location. Poll workers check signature and if it matches, count the ballot.
How will they check it when the number of ballots increases 100 fold?
Ballots aren't going to increase 100 fold. The only thing that changes is where the ballots are received. Poll workers check the signature whether you vote by mail or in person. Did you ever question how poll workers are going to check signatures at polling places on election day? Of course not.
No they don't. I didn't sign anything when I voted. I checked off some boxes and went on my way. What the hell are you talking about?

Even if they did, does anyone think the election volunteers are handwriting experts?

The inability of supposedly Intelligent people to grasp the simple fact that no ballot is counted until it has been verified is a wonder to behold.

There is no rational argument against sending every registered voter a ballot in the mail. It simply gives the electorate more options for casting votes.

This thread is just fucking stupid.
You are stupid. Unless a system is set up to count ballots and to QV the process, major errors may and will occur. Why are you here? You show up randomly and post stupid shit. You’re the epitome of a troll. Why do you find it so unnerving that IDs should be required and if you want a mail in ballot one should request.

Defund the Police...that’s the Democrats moniker. If you support it, the least you can do is put some effort into voting for it, you dumb fat leftist.

ID’s are required in order to register to vote. Only registered voters get ballots. There has been no impactful voter fraud in mail in ballots or in person voting in this nation.

More people voting is good. Period.
In MA, IDs are not required. I registered my wife and myself via the annual census.

This is a supposed GENIUS who believes that it is possible to register to vote without providing ID. Awesome.
Again, mine was done via census. Maybe initially I had to provide something. I don't recall. When I walk in and vote no one asks for my ID so my dad can walk in, give my address and vote as me.

And why would he do that? He'd be risking a serious prison sentence for a single fraudulent vote?

This simply is not a problem in this nation. Please admit that your end game is to suppress the vote.
How would he get caught? We have 80 year olds asking me what street I live on and then giving me a ballot.

He would get caught easily. Signature match. And....WTF are you talking about? Nobody is handing out ballots like that.
What signatures? I didn't sign anything?

And it is a double edged sword. I can challenge every signature for a candidate I dislike and hold up the results. It is subjective and many signatures are messy. Happened to my brother in law in a neighboring town in MA for a recall election they are having. When I vote in person my ballot goes into the counter as I put it in there. Again, I wish they would ask me for my ID.

You sign the ballot. Your signature is on file. It must match.
Then things like this happen and its in a small town in MA. It is too messy IMO. Cleaner to have people vote in person or REQUEST absentee ballots.

Every absentee ballot is requested in most states. I request mine. A few states have universal mail ballots. Those people request their ballots when they register. You and your master are aware that more votes equal losses for you. That is what this is all about.

Last edited:

Hmmmmmm.....

How do you police that someone who gets their ballot actually walks to the designated location and drops it in vs. leaving it for a mailman.
I still don't understand the question. What type of regulation are we "policing"? Walking to a ballot box or leaving with the mailman accomplish the same goal, ballot gets to the right location. Poll workers check signature and if it matches, count the ballot.
Ballots aren't going to increase 100 fold. The only thing that changes is where the ballots are received. Poll workers check the signature whether you vote by mail or in person. Did you ever question how poll workers are going to check signatures at polling places on election day? Of course not.
No they don't. I didn't sign anything when I voted. I checked off some boxes and went on my way. What the hell are you talking about?

That's how it's done in my state, but if you don't sign the book in Massachusetts, then in person voting is may be even less secure than mail in.
Some old person checks off your name. I don't sign anything.

In Arizona, I believe you sign the list next to your name. Nobody checks the signature against anything, though.

The "secure" argument is intentionally skewed. Sure the U.S. mail will get a letter from A to B without a problem but the system is open to fraud. Who is going to check on a ballot from a dead person or a hundred ballots from the same person? How do you stop someone from voting in person after he/she voted by mail?
Every ballot is checked and verified against voter registration for the signature to see if there is a match...Just like when you go into vote in person. Unless there is a hanging chad there is no problems.
How do you know your ballot gets there? Is there a tracking app? When I vote in person I see my ballot go into the machine.

Chain of custody is clearly not a concept leftists are familiar with.

The "secure" argument is intentionally skewed. Sure the U.S. mail will get a letter from A to B without a problem but the system is open to fraud. Who is going to check on a ballot from a dead person or a hundred ballots from the same person? How do you stop someone from voting in person after he/she voted by mail?
Every ballot is checked and verified against voter registration for the signature to see if there is a match...Just like when you go into vote in person. Unless there is a hanging chad there is no problems.
Who is to say whether the mail in registration was valid in the first place and how many freaking handwriting experts are in the electoral system? It's interesting that the mailing proponents don't foresee an instant check for persons who vote by mail and then vote in person. Voting is one of the greatest freedoms we have. Why not show up at the polling place with a photo I.D.?

Well, because it prevents Democrat ballot harvesters from creating more Dem votes, for one thing.

Hmmmmmm.....

Now THIS is some high level 148 IQ thinking.

The depth! It's unbelievable!

In other words, you know it's true, but it contradicts your agenda, so you'll just dismiss it and hope you can bluff your way through.

The inability of supposedly Intelligent people to grasp the simple fact that no ballot is counted until it has been verified is a wonder to behold.

There is no rational argument against sending every registered voter a ballot in the mail. It simply gives the electorate more options for casting votes.

You are stupid. Unless a system is set up to count ballots and to QV the process, major errors may and will occur. Why are you here? You show up randomly and post stupid shit. You’re the epitome of a troll. Why do you find it so unnerving that IDs should be required and if you want a mail in ballot one should request.

Defund the Police...that’s the Democrats moniker. If you support it, the least you can do is put some effort into voting for it, you dumb fat leftist.

ID’s are required in order to register to vote. Only registered voters get ballots. There has been no impactful voter fraud in mail in ballots or in person voting in this nation.

In MA, IDs are not required. I registered my wife and myself via the annual census.

This is a supposed GENIUS who believes that it is possible to register to vote without providing ID. Awesome.
Again, mine was done via census. Maybe initially I had to provide something. I don't recall. When I walk in and vote no one asks for my ID so my dad can walk in, give my address and vote as me.

And why would he do that? He'd be risking a serious prison sentence for a single fraudulent vote?

This simply is not a problem in this nation. Please admit that your end game is to suppress the vote.
How would he get caught? We have 80 year olds asking me what street I live on and then giving me a ballot.

He would get caught easily. Signature match. And....WTF are you talking about? Nobody is handing out ballots like that.

And it is a double edged sword. I can challenge every signature for a candidate I dislike and hold up the results. It is subjective and many signatures are messy. Happened to my brother in law in a neighboring town in MA for a recall election they are having. When I vote in person my ballot goes into the counter as I put it in there. Again, I wish they would ask me for my ID.

Then things like this happen and its in a small town in MA. It is too messy IMO. Cleaner to have people vote in person or REQUEST absentee ballots.

Every absentee ballot is requested in most states. I request mine. A few states have universal mail ballots. Those people request their ballots when they register. You and your master are aware that more votes equal losses for you. That is what this is all about.
I have Zero issue if ballots are requested.

Hmmmmmm.....

That's how it's done in my state, but if you don't sign the book in Massachusetts, then in person voting is may be even less secure than mail in.

In Arizona, I believe you sign the list next to your name. Nobody checks the signature against anything, though.
In MA they just put a check mark next to your name

The inability of people who claim to be intelligent to grasp the simple fact that you can't wish your fantasies into reality is a wonder to behold.

What sort of "verification" have you told yourself is happening with the ballots, exactly?

I admire your ability to say, "It's just stupid to disagree with me, so that means I'm right, SO THERE!" and believe it. Apparently, delusional insanity isn't always unpleasant.

lol Are you trying to sound stupid? How would each ballot be verified? Do you mean each voter will be contacted by election officials to see if this is way they voted? The leaders of the Democratic Party have already told us that they plan voter fruad on such a massive scale that President Trump will not be able to in good conscience leave office on the basis of this election. The only way to preserve the integrity of our elections is to prevent the leaders of the Democratic Party and lemmings like you from destroying the foundations of our democracy.

Which has basically the same security concerns as if they're mailed to every active voter.

Hmmmmmm.....

In MA they just put a check mark next to your name

I'm pretty sure it's just to keep someone from trying to vote under your name after you've already done so. I guess if the fake gets there before you, then there's a kerfuffle.

What I find most amusing is the president uses the mail in system and claims no one else should unless they have a valid reason and then claims voters using mail in will commit fraud and will delay the election.

What I find most amusing is that you make shit up based on your kindergarten understanding of the world and then state it as proven fact that people should believe.

If you're enough of a simpleton to think you said something even remotely true or meaningful, it's not worth the effort of giving you an adult explanation of the facts.

All ballots that are sent in the mail are requested. In a few states, the request takes place at the time of registration.

There are some states who want to send ballots to all registered voters due to COVID-19 as a health safety measure. This should not be
a cause for concern as the act of fraudulent voting is not worth the risk to just about 100% of registered voters. But morons see it as a way to
cry foul if they lose.

Hmmmmmm.....

During an election year when it comes to democrat gaining control? You're fucking nuts a ballot during an election year is as good as gold.

What is a “few more” and who data enters the requests and double checks for accuracy? Places that have done it took years to implement it. Again you have zero business acumen and don’t know how difficult such an undertaking would be. PPP was very difficult and it was for businesses through banks. And still we don’t have a solid forgiveness plan. You want to do this for millions of voters in 80 days? It’s impossible. It is frightening how ignorant people are. Wow.
Shucks, and all we have are months and months to figure it out?

We employ over a million people to run the election every year, so it's as simple as re-purposing them.

It's a lot easier when we don't have dead weight whiners like yourself. Tell you what, go sit in the corner and cry and let everyone go do the work?
It’s not enough time. You have zero business acumen. It’s scary. Very scary.

Imagine you run a pizza shop and make 200 per day based on requests. Now you’re asked to make 20,000 and then make sure the orders are accurate. Think you d have to adjust your business model? You really need to attend business school.

What amazes me is that the "Listen to the experts!" leftists have been told, by no less an expert on the USPS than the Postmaster General himself, that universal mail-in voting can't be accomplished in this election and that state ballot laws are incompatible with USPS function, and they just immediately dismissed him with, "Well, if he's not saying what we want to hear, it MUST be because he's conspiring with President Trump! It CAN be done, because I want it to be done, SO THERE!"

So much for the experts.

Forum List

Back