wait , sonic bans guns and gets robbed lol

You want to point out people in pissing matches based on these business decisions?? That does not address the fact that these were not widespread incidents that led to the policy...it was anti-gun nuts working themselves into a lather based on "what if" scenarios. You already stated that they were swayed by the activists that it was something they should be concerned about, even though it had yet to occur...you support them being proactive, and I don't understand why you're trying to backpedal that confession.
Corporations should be proactive, that's how they stay in business., but they are Reacting to people bringing guns into their stores, as these many stories show.

Last edited:
Wait a minute..

Nobody was shot or wounded. What is wrong with Sonics no gun policy?

Criminals LOVE gun bans. What better way to get what you want when there's nobody to stand in your way?

I've always thought that the best way to insure criminal activity is to post a sign that says "Gun Free Zone" or "No Guns".

Nothing like robbing or shooting up a place where you are pretty damned sure no one is going to shoot back at you. :whip:

And why would a private citizen carrying put his life on the line to defend a fast food restaurant?

Because some do. Every year.

You want to point out people in pissing matches based on these business decisions?? That does not address the fact that these were not widespread incidents that led to the policy...it was anti-gun nuts working themselves into a lather based on "what if" scenarios. You already stated that they were swayed by the activists that it was something they should be concerned about, even though it had yet to occur...you support them being proactive, and I don't understand why you're trying to backpedal that confession.
Corporations should be proactive, that's how they say in business., but they are Reacting to people bringing guns into their stores, as these many stories show.

You can continue to advance the premise that the majority of people are being confronted by these gun toting patrons, but it's just not the reality for most of us. I was born and raised in Chicago, left at 20 years old and lived in SW Missouri for 13 years, then north of Raleigh for 7 years, and now 4 years north of Tampa. I've seen plenty of pick ups displaying their guns, but have yet to been in an eating establishment where I noticed anyone brandishing a weapon. When that becomes common place, then you'd probably see more companies taking such actions...but for now it's just politics and the left seeing an opportunity to make sure that a crisis doesn't go to waste.

Corporations should be proactive, that's how they say in business., but they are Reacting to people bringing guns into their stores, as these many stories show.

You can continue to advance the premise that the majority of people are being confronted by these gun toting patrons, but it's just not the reality for most of us. I was born and raised in Chicago, left at 20 years old and lived in SW Missouri for 13 years, then north of Raleigh for 7 years, and now 4 years north of Tampa. I've seen plenty of pick ups displaying their guns, but have yet to been in an eating establishment where I noticed anyone brandishing a weapon. When that becomes common place, then you'd probably see more companies taking such actions...but for now it's just politics and the left seeing an opportunity to make sure that a crisis doesn't go to waste.
The politics in this case is that of the gun nuts. For a national chain they only need a single incident in order to react, and create policy for all their locations. That's how it works.

The politics in this case is that of the gun nuts. For a national chain they only need a single incident in order to react, and create policy for all their locations. That's how it works.

So how will they react to this robbery?? Keep the policy since the criminal didn't kill anyone?? What about if he had killed someone, then you'd support them changing it?? No, you wouldn't, even though it would have been an event that actually occurred, rather than one that might happen.

So how will they react to this robbery?? Keep the policy since the criminal didn't kill anyone?? What about if he had killed someone, then you'd support them changing it?? No, you wouldn't, even though it would have been an event that actually occurred, rather than one that might happen.

They get robbed often enough. Their policy, and that of banks and nearly every other place of business, is designed to keep people from being killed. Give him he wants and get him the hell on his way. It's up to the police after that, not some John Wayne eating a chicken sandwich.

Wait a minute..

Nobody was shot or wounded. What is wrong with Sonics no gun policy?

Exactly. Those who open-carried didn't shoot anyone so there really is no need for the new policy. Just more knee-jerk, politically correct, worry-warts overreacting.
They didn't need to make a policy, before the gun nuts started showing off and made it an issue. Now they have to respond.

They get robbed often enough. Their policy, and that of banks and nearly every other place of business, is designed to keep people from being killed. Give him he wants and get him the hell on his way. It's up to the police after that, not some John Wayne eating a chicken sandwich.

I doubt Sonic gets robbed "often". They made a choice to expand their policy of hand over the money to a criminal, to now moving into the political arena regarding law abiding citizens who they presume will shoot first and ask questions later. You clearly don't respect responsible gun owners, and so based on your agenda will attempt to paint them as reckless and impulsive...even though there is no evidence to support such a stance.

Samething with me, I wouldn't want to end a life just for someone just robbing another person, but if he shoots first then all bets are off. I carry a 9mm deringer and believe it or not i'm accurate at 15 foot. So when I carry no one knows and I don't tell anyone.

I usually carry either a Walther 380 or occasionally a small .25 in a ankle holster. Here's the "deal" with concealed carry...no one should even suspect that the individual is carrying - that's the whole point of it. I can spot detectives a mile away (because they don't care who knows) that they are wearing a jackass rig beneath their jacket.

I have never had the "desire" to carry an M4 to a Sonic (or anywhere else for that matter). However, I DO go into businesses that post signs (No Concealed Weapons). Why? Because it's up to THEM to prove I have a weapon. So far, no one has ever stopped me.

I will NOT go down without a fight. If some thug wants to start shooting the place up - he wil have to deal with the fact that he isn't alone. The rest will take care of itself.....

Wonderful. It's great that you don't respect the rights of property owners. Remember that when they don't respect yours.

Bite me dipshit.

I usually carry either a Walther 380 or occasionally a small .25 in a ankle holster. Here's the "deal" with concealed carry...no one should even suspect that the individual is carrying - that's the whole point of it. I can spot detectives a mile away (because they don't care who knows) that they are wearing a jackass rig beneath their jacket.

I have never had the "desire" to carry an M4 to a Sonic (or anywhere else for that matter). However, I DO go into businesses that post signs (No Concealed Weapons). Why? Because it's up to THEM to prove I have a weapon. So far, no one has ever stopped me.

I will NOT go down without a fight. If some thug wants to start shooting the place up - he wil have to deal with the fact that he isn't alone. The rest will take care of itself.....

Wonderful. It's great that you don't respect the rights of property owners. Remember that when they don't respect yours.

Bite me dipshit.
Bite yourself. You're the hypocrite.

Criminals LOVE gun bans. What better way to get what you want when there's nobody to stand in your way?

I've always thought that the best way to insure criminal activity is to post a sign that says "Gun Free Zone" or "No Guns".

Nothing like robbing or shooting up a place where you are pretty damned sure no one is going to shoot back at you. :whip:

And why would a private citizen carrying put his life on the line to defend a fast food restaurant?

One wouldn’t, hence the idiocy of the OP.

I doubt Sonic gets robbed "often". They made a choice to expand their policy of hand over the money to a criminal, to now moving into the political arena regarding law abiding citizens who they presume will shoot first and ask questions later. You clearly don't respect responsible gun owners, and so based on your agenda will attempt to paint them as reckless and impulsive...even though there is no evidence to support such a stance.

I am the responsible gun owner. They stay locked up until I need to kill something. They are weapons. I don't take to Denny's and pretend that I'm Roy Rogers.

I am the responsible gun owner. They stay locked up until I need to kill something. They are weapons. I don't take to Denny's and pretend that I'm Roy Rogers.

You're narrow-minded if you actually believe that people can't be responsible gun owners if they have their weapon with them. Keep comparing them to John Wayne, Rambo and Roy Rogers...you're intolerant of anyone who doesn't behave exactly as you, and make stereotypical assumptions about them.

Wait, What? Sonic Robbed Right After Banning Guns! | BuzzPoBuzzPo

Oklahoma based fast food drive thru chain Sonic, banned guns earlier this week. On the same day they announced it, in true Jack in the Box like fashion, one of their Topeka, KS restaurants was robbed!

They care very little about the cash. They care a lot about you scaring people away or shooting the place up trying to be John Wayne. See how that works wannabe hero?

soooo, by your logic all i need to do at the next Sonic i visit i can order two double cheese burgers, double fries, large rootbeer and ooooh.., BTW .., please give me $500.00 because a friend told me you do not care about the money, you just don't want me scaring people, so please give me $500.00 or i will start scaring people right out of here.

see how that works you illogical libertard

They care very little about the cash. They care a lot about you scaring people away or shooting the place up trying to be John Wayne. See how that works wannabe hero?

soooo, by your logic all i need to do at the next Sonic i visit i can order two double cheese burgers, double fries, large rootbeer and ooooh.., BTW .., please give me $500.00 because a friend told me you do not care about the money, you just don't want me scaring people, so please give me $500.00 or i will start scaring people right out of here.

see how that works you illogical libertard
Cash is not worth a human life. They know that so how come you don't?

You're narrow-minded if you actually believe that people can't be responsible gun owners if they have their weapon with them. Keep comparing them to John Wayne, Rambo and Roy Rogers...you're intolerant of anyone who doesn't behave exactly as you, and make stereotypical assumptions about them.
Responsible people don't take AR-15s to lunch just to make a point. Those are mental children and the corporations would prefer it if they would lunch elsewhere, for good reasons.

It's legal to strip here but that doesn't mean Home Depot wants it in their stores.

Responsible people don't take AR-15s to lunch just to make a point. Those are mental children and the corporations would prefer it if they would lunch elsewhere, for good reasons.

It's legal to strip here but that doesn't mean Home Depot wants it in their stores.

Your faux outrage is silly, and I'm not buying it...this isn't about a few local yahoos flouting their big bad guns and you know it. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, they just as easily could have made their policy specific to such weapons.

Forum List

Back